Is my life a joke to you?

When you went to the office the next day, there were unusual stares when you entered the lobby. You checked on your outfits, did I accidentally wear the unmatched shoes? Or was there something on my face? DID I PUT TOO MUCH BLUSH ON?

You were very pale this morning so you decided to put on a little.

"Ah, you are here!" Alea sighed in relief.

"What's happening? Did I have something on my face? Why did everyone stare at me?"

Alea walked you to your room and closed the door behind her.

"So.." She took a deep breath, "Mr. Min personally called yesterday and asked you to assist with their project."

"What do you mean personally?" You frowned. It sounds stupid.

"He called our boss. Pressuring him by saying he will invest in our company or sort of like that." You glared at her, "NO! I don't tell a single soul about the other night." Alea denied it immediately, "But I mean I'm not surprised.." Ugh, you rolled your eyes.

"There is nothing between us!" You snapped, "That bastard thinks money can have it all. Being successful made him cocky." You wish you bit his tongue harder.

"Senior said she will give you the project. But I can tell she isn't very happy about it. Her assistant said it takes a very long time to lobby his company." Well, you understood that more than anyone. You won't like it either. Alea poured the coffee into your cup.

"I will refuse to take the project. Tell him I personally refuse his kind offer." What the hell does he want from you? "I'll talk to the seniors. I don't want anything to do with him."

Alea was dead curious about your relationship with Yoongi because oh boi, that man was coming all the way to get you and he replied to her text quite nicely saying he already took you back to your place.

Plus you immediately recognized him that night. Even if you were drunk you went to his arm and snuggled to the man.

It didn't seem like nothing to Alea. It looked like both of you had some history.

Your office phone was ringing, Alea picked it up for you, "It's from the lobby. There is flower delivery for you. He needs your sign."

"Who sent it?" She asked in your place. Flowers? Really? Now? "Someone sent it anonymously. The delivery man already left."

The receptionist knocked on your door. He placed the flowers inside. It was a hell of a big bouquet of flowers.

Alea cleared her throat, "I'll leave you with the flower." She said teasing you. Clearly she had someone in mind.

You looked for a card of something. You worked here for years, nobody ever sent you flowers. Well, Jungkook did when you get promoted last year.

Your boss called you to his office.

He was kind of begging you to take the project. Your senior was there too.

"I'm not capable. All the presentations were prepared by seniors. I just did the presentation. That's all. I can't take on this project." You rejected him. The thing was after you turned down the project.

The other employees were talking behind your back, saying you were full of yourself since Yoongi wanted you to handle their project. He insisted.

Now the project was delayed because of that and it was no good for you.

The flowers kept coming too, in a week your office was full with it so you had to put it outside your room. It was like a freaking funeral here.

"Hello, Kim Y/n." You answered your phone without looking at the caller.

"Do you accept my flowers?" Your hands stop typing.

"I do." Of course he was the one who sent it, "Stop manipulating my boss and asking me to do your project." You could hear his chuckles through the phone, "They thought I seduced you. I'm trying to make a living from here. So can you stop it? People started to hate me."

"Then maybe you should accept the project." He said persistently.

"Is my life a joke to you?"

"Think about it." Yoongi hung up the phone.

At the same time Alea entered your office with a big grin on her face, "Mr. Min invited us to have company dinner to talk about the project." Dear Lord.

"I won't go."

"Come on, come on, come on, come on!" She whined, "It was a fancy hotel and I really wanna go, please..." You shook your head.

"You can go. I don't want to."

"Y/n, don't you think.. He tried to get close to you? I mean he is trying so hard to get your attention. All of these flowers, come on.. Even if you haven't moved on from Jungkook yet. It's nice to have such an admirer, right?"

It was him who you couldn't move on from.

But you really didn't want anything to do with him anymore. You were done. You won't let him enter your life and mess it up again.

"If I tell you he will send you another present will you consider it?" Alea scrunched her nose.

"What?"

"It arrived half an hour ago. A designer bag."

Your blood boiled up.

You dialed back his number, come to think of it you had no idea where he got your number from, your personal number.

They picked up after the second ring. Faster than you imagined.

"What is this now?"

"I guess you already received the present I sent you." His tone was rather calm.

"Designer bag. Really?"

"The receipt is all inside. If you don't like that one you could trade into another. Just mention my name, they'll give you VIP service." You laughed. Hard.

"What do you want? Buy my attention?" You scoffed. Alea left your room. That's the thing you like about her, she knew her place.

"Can i?" You didn't know if he was being serious or stupid.

"Oh, God."

"Y/n, I can't say I'm sorry-"

"Like you said I don't have to, just leave me alone." You cut his words, "Past is past.

You can't change it by giving me a present or these flowers. They were dead after days." You hate how cold he was when you talked about the past. That's all you had with him. Past. Refusing to talk about it was like denying all the memories.

"Let's meet at dinner. I'll send someone to pick you up."

"I'm not going." You can be persistent too.

"You should go. Don't you like working there? This is a business dinner. You should put your personal feelings aside."

"Oh, did you put your personal feelings aside when you forced my boss to get me into the project? Or sending all of this stupid stuff to my office?"

"I'm sending my driver. Be ready." He hung up. You gritted your teeth. You should return the bag. What kind of person he turned into. You recalled his kisses. How gentle it was, he opened your defense one by one. You were drunk, but none of the touches were disrespectful. You lost your first for Yoongi, second and third, fourth and five, six, seven..