Valentine's Day

"Woah, you are really working hard, huh?" Your part time partner pat your back.

"Shut up." You giggled. The boy always teased you every time he saw you alone on the bar, "Today is boring~~"

"Should we have dinner together? Our shift is almost done." You rolled your eyes.

"No, I'm not hungry.." You sighed

Kim Seokjin. He was one of Taehyung's best friends. They went to the same university. He worked here for a year now. You mentioned that you need some money to buy a valentine gift for Yoongi and Taehyung told you to apply to this cafe. And his very friendly friend can not stop bothering you. He annoyed you at first but after several weeks you two get closer. He made you laugh, a lot

Jin was quite tall and you could say he had a pretty face as well. Charmingly, a lot of high school girls came here to see him.

Yoongi has been busy practicing for his competition lately, he can't drive you home.

With Valentine's Day coming up, you decided to quietly do a part time job after school. You wanted to surprise Yoongi.

"Come on, I'll treat you to something tasty." You shook your head, not in the mood.

Sometimes Jin was picked up by a beautiful girl with their fancy car. They weren't always young, some of them looked way older than him. You thought he surely worked harder than yourself.

____

Yoongi frowned, he went to your house but your mother said you had been going home late recently. She said you were accompanying him to practice. Why did you lie? Yoongi knew it clearly. You were going home on time every day. He finished his practice early today, he wanted to go out with you before he went to hospital. Yoongi pulled out his phone and texted to ask where were you. Your reply brought more lines on his forehead. "I'm home, helping my mom ;)"

Lie, why did you lie to him? 𓀠

You yawned, the job was all good, it was just you had to stay up late to do your homework.

Not to mention you missed hanging out with Yoongi. He spent more time with that bitch, Kath. Ugh, just looking at her around him gave you unpleasant feelings.

"Y/n, Yoongi is outside." Yuuna pinched your cheek, "What are you thinking so deeply about?" She giggled.

"Oh, really?" After a while he barely had lunch with you either, keep practicing even during the class break. You were happily bounced to him. His skin lost its color. You palmed his face right away.

"Are you okay?" You asked worriedly.

"Let's have lunch together and I'll drive you home today. We could hang out if you want to. You want to watch a movie at my place?" He was being considerate after he found out you hate a group of strangers after you lost in your childhood.

"Really??? I love you so much!" You jumped to his arm, luckily he was anticipated with your sudden move so he caught you in time.

Then you remembered you had a part time job to do. Your face turned instant to gloom.

"I can't go. I already planned to go shopping with Yuuna." You lied.

"You can go another day with her."

"I promise her. Let's date another time okay? You need to focus on your practice too." You pat his head playfully.

"Why?" He asked strictly.

"What?" You brushed him off, "I just think you need to focus on your practice more." You laughed nervously. You didn't want him to be suspicious.

Valentine's Day is right next week. You just need to work a bit more. Probably till the end of the month. But after valentine day you didn't need to hide it from him anymore. 𓀠

You already booked a sweet dinner with him. Just the thoughts made your feet sway in excitement. The two of you have barely seen each other these days. So, You put high hopes into this dinner. You haven't bought the present yet. But it won't be a problem as long as you have enough money.

You changed into your casual clothes, ready to leave the cafe. The weather was a bit cold. You wore Yoongi's hoodie that you had no intention of returning.

"What are you smiling for?" Seokjin waved his hand in front of your face.

"Nothing. What do you like as a present?"

"Hmm, I like a lot of things. You want to buy me a present?" He tilted his head.

"No, I mean. As a boy. I don't know what to buy for my boyfriend."

"Ah, should I go with you tomorrow?" He offered kindly.

"Great. I can use your company. I'll treat you to something yummy!"

"Alright. I'll pick you up in your house."

Should you buy Yoongi something for his competition? A pair of shoes or a tie?

You can't wait for tomorrow. You noted in your head to buy Yoongi some food. You could go to Yoongi's house after work. He must be stressed a lot by the pressure of the competition. You feel a bit guilty for lying to him several times. 𓀠

You had no idea how to explain this situation right now. Yoongi glared at you and Seokjin. He caught you red handed. Seems like he was following the two of you. Did he see everything? Including the present you bought for him?

"So this is why you have been ignoring me?" He was eyeing Seokjin up and down, "You like pretty boy, I should've figured it out since you dated Park Jimin." He scoffed.

You chuckled, "Noo, this is nothing like you think it is. We just hang out together."

"Hang out? In your weekend, you decided to go with another boy rather than your own boyfriend? I see you keep yourself busy as well." You never saw him so angry before.

His face was unreadable.

"Dude, look, I have a certain type too. I'm not just dating anyone." Seokjin rolled his eyes, the words were supposed to be hurting you but right now you just want to sort things out with Yoongi.

"I'm a boring person to be around, am i? You ditched me for him?" He was accused.

"I'm not ditching you. Come on, let's sit and order something. This is Taehyung's best friend." You tugged his shirt.

"Kath is right. Girls like you won't stick for long. I should've listened to her." Yoongi stomped away from the fast food restaurant.

He could say anything ugly about you, you'll forgive him. It was you who wanted to do this surprise. But after he mentioned Kath, you can't hide the disappointment.

You took the paper bag and chased after Yoongi. You could find him easily in the crowd. Though you hate running into people, you went to him.

"Just tell me you are jealous." You were trying not to make the situation worse, lacing your words with giggles.

He pushed you away, "I have more important things to worry about than you."

"You don't mean that. Take it back!" You pouted, he didn't easily get angry. Yoongi had the clearest mind, but maybe his stress got the best.

"You heard me." He said coldly.

"I see..." You shoved the paper bag to him, "If you like Kath that much you should date her. Thank you for your kindness, I would never be a better person if it wasn't because of you. Good luck for your competition. And Happy Valentine's Day. I guess I should enjoy that day alone." You turned around, leaving him dumbfounded.