New Year's Eve

"You should leave early today. I don't want you to be trapped in the traffic." Mrs. Jang was reading on her tablet. You stared at her blankly

"Why?"

"It's New Year's Eve." She frowned, "Poor my baby, you forgot since you don't have any plan?" She teased you.

"New Year's Eve.. oh.. I guess.. I will clean my table now." Yoongi did not say a word about spending New Year's Eve together.

"See you on Thursday." She was clearly in a happy mood. Might be another date. It was very nice that she kept herself busy. You didn't realize since the office was half empty since Christmas holiday earlier.

You packed your stuff. Was Yoongi already in his office? Should you say goodbye or.. maybe you could text him later. You were about to head to his office when his father walked that way too, so you turned around and decided not to bother him. You'd give him a call later.

"Y/n, I'm going to see fireworks with the boys. Do you wanna come?" Your brother was drying his hair with the towel. He only wore his sweatpants, showing off his six packs. You knew the girls were all over him.

"I don't want to get lost in the crowd."

"I will tie you with a leash so you don't get lost. Are you five years old! Just ask someone if you are lost!" You wanted to punch his face, "I could introduce you to one of my friends. They are all single." He added.

"No thanks." You opened the fridge, now you were living with him for a while, his fridge filled with food you bought.

"Did you drink my beer?" He lost two cans of beer. Your brother knew you dislike bitter drinks like that. No way you could finish one can let alone two.

"My friend did." You pulled out a bag of chips.

"Friend as friend or boyfriend? YOU BROUGHT HIM HERE?" He became hysterical. Geez. You ignored his gaze.

"I didn't say it was a boy." You mumbled.

"Was it a girl then?" He asked sharply.

"No." You peeked to see his face through the chips, he grabbed your bag of chips harshly.

"YOU HAVE TO ANSWER ME, YOUNG LADY! DID YOU BRING YOUR MALE FRIEND HERE?" You could see the vein on his neck popped out.

"Well, do you prefer I'm staying over at his place?"

"I'M CALLING MOM!"

"Suddenly you want to act like a big brother? We are not doing anything. Just watching movies and~." You changed your words. Teasing him.

"AND?" He yelled impatiently.

"Taehyung, I swear we didn't do anything." You giggled, "He left early. I think someone is at the door."

"WE ARE NOT DONE HERE." Taehyung glared at you as we walked away to open the front door. He eyed the boy in front of him up and down. A baby looking boy just looking for his sister. The guy wore a fine suit and he brought a food bag in his hands.

"Is Y/n home yet?"

"Who are you?" Taehyung leaned on the door frame, "What business do you have with my sister?"

"Oh, Yoongi." You were surprised to see him here, "Taehyung, this is the male friend who drank your beer. He is cute, right?"

"Should I replace the beers?" He was waiting for an invitation to come in.

"I don't like his face." Taehyung reported to you right away.

"I don't like yours too. Nice abs, by the way." Yoongi sighed and invited himself in, "There supposed to be enough for three people." He lifted his food.

"You are the best!" You grabbed the food bag cheerfully. He let out his signature small smile. Who knew feeding people could make someone so happy?

"Are you sure you like my sister? I mean look at her. I could introduce you to someone more decent and ladylike." Taehyung nudged his shoulder.

"Can i adopt another brother?" You stuck your tongue out.

"No, I like how imperfect she is." Yoongi ruffled your hair, "She must be very grateful I like her so that she won't ever cheat." Taehyung choked to hear his words.

"Oh, I like this one." Taehyung decided.

The three of you were sitting around the table and shared the food.

"Why are you eating here? Don't you say you are going out?" You glared at Taehyung because he shamelessly ate so much.

"He offered me food as a trade for you. Of course I'm eating." He smacked your head, "What's your name? We will go out and see fireworks, you can come with Y/n. She is afraid she might lose if she is alone." You thought he was being too friendly over Yoongi.

Did your brother always like this? He was away for too long.

"Do you want to see fireworks?" Yoongi tilted his head to you.

"On second thought, both of you should come. I'm not letting both of you alone in my flat." Taehyung decided for both of you.

"I think we have the answer." Yoongi said.

You and Yoongi followed Taehyung and his group. They were having fun and joking too much. And here we came the huge crowd.. You tried to brush off the sick feeling on your stomach. Yoongi put his arm around your waist. He knew you disliked the crowd, he just didn't know why.

"Why are you scared of the crowd?"

"My dad lost me in the carnival when I was little. But they found me back, don't worry. It just makes me a bit uncomfortable." It was the most terrifying memory in your childhood

You were running around alone, looking for your dad. You thought he was playing with you. So it didn't scare you at first but then.. you realized that you couldn't find him everywhere.

"I won't lose you.." Yoongi tightened the grip on your hands, "Just don't let go."

"I won't." He made you the happiest by a simple gesture, like skyrocketing your heart outside the atmosphere

Yoongi leads you to less crowded people. He wasn't a really talkative person. But it felt amazing to be with him.

"Taehyung, I think we lost your sister..." His friend nudged his arm.

"She will be fine. This time, I know she will."