Chapter 299

Aecha's P.O.V.
"You wanted to see me?" I sat in PD-nim's office at 8am on the 27th of December.

"Yes, yes.. I had to discuss with you the doctor's note I received a week ago." He didn't wait for me to speak. "It was perfectly fine for you to dance. Why can't you?"

Oh, well.. "I'm supposed to completely stop working at the end of January sir. With how far along I am, exerting myself in this way for long hours is not a good idea." He knew I was six months pregnant. "I did finish all the choregraphies for the new groups, TxT and 6.A.C.E.S are on tour, at least Moonbin and Sanha are. BTS are working on new material. What they needed to learn, they did. All the projects set for me are over. I don't see why I can't focus on desk work."

He was not pleased with my straightforwardness. "What if other projects come your way? You're gonna say no?" I wasn't paid enough to work 80h per week.

"I've been working myself to exhaustion. I think you can understand that a month of desk work is fair." I added.

He put a stack of papers on the desk. "Look. You'll be out of work for us. I need you for April. I need a dance for BTS. I want them to go on tour next year."

Is he that insensitive? I thought he was kind to them. "You do realize I'll be having a child at that time sir? I can probably do May. But not April. Besides, I believe you know their plans sir."

He rolled his eyes. "They said that in 2019. Until I see papers, it's only thoughts. Aecha, please take a look at this and come back to me about it, okay?"

I picked up the papers. "We'll be in touch."

Getting out of the office, Yoongi, who drove me, waited around the corner. "He wants to fire you doesn't he?"

I shrugged. "Seems like it. He has to have a good package to make me leave. Our contract isn't over."

His expression softened into a smile. "That's my girl. He better be good. We're about to leave too."

I let out a choked laugh. "He does NOT believe that."

Now he seemed upset. "You got married, had a child, having another one, we all have significant others, I married, our adoption papers are filled, Jungkook moved in with his girl... How can he not think we're drifting? We're all enlisting soon too."

I handed him the papers. "Want to look at it?"

He snatched them. "Of course I do! Let me see that. Hmm... Okay, okay.. You'd get back the part of profits you took from projects.. You'd keep your rights to your dances and produced MV's. Damn, that's a package. Ash, I truly don't think you can say no to this. Look." He pointed at a lign.

"The employee gets a package of 1M dollars as long as they agree to the non-disclosure agreement that follows. Working with competing companies is permitted, as long as no management secrets are revealed. Artists of BigHit entertainment cannot ask for the employee's expertise as long as they are under our entertainment company. That's.. a lot of money, but the last part is almost impossible. I work on your solo albums." It was insane. I couldn't hold the last end of that bargain.

He gave a cocky laugh. "Oh, you will. He's not ready for what is coming."

I got into his car. "You'll give them your end of contract papers?"

He nodded. "They've been ready for a while. I'll talk to the guys, with you, of course. As soon as you sign this, we'll send it."

So I'd not work there anymore? With all my friends? "But, all the other groups?"

He gave me a sympathetic look. "Ash, you know wherever you go, most of them will. Your friends will follow. Take the time to relax and look at the decor and colors for the company building."

It is true that I didn't get to keep an eye on that. "You should be my manager sometimes."

He laughed. "You'll basically be ours. We'll fix a meet-up okay?"
He helped me out of the car and gave me a hug. "Tell him right now, I'm sure he'll be quite happy about this."

Happy about me getting fired? We'll see about that. "Sure thing, thanks a lot for bringing me."

"Of course, we're having dinner soon, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay, bye.."

Hoseok's P.O.V.
Jeez she left early. It was only 9am.
"What did he want?"

She chuckled taking off her coat. "Being served papers?" What? "He's ending my contract."

Really? "Finally! How good is the package? He was so underpaying you! You'll get to relax and we can work on the studios together."

She seemed so surprised of my reaction. "You really are happy about this!"

I hugged her. "Of course! Honestly, we were just waiting for him to do it so you wouldn't pay the price of it."

She had great friends if I say so myself. She squeezed me tighter. "Thank you so much."

My pleasure babygirl.