Chapter 304

Aecha's P.O.V.
Exhausted didn't come close to how I felt, but the rush of happiness I had made it wash away. My little human... Finally on my chest. After all this time, all the love and hardships, we made it.

Hobi had been speechless, eyes watery like mine for the past minute.  Once I grinned, he could stop talking. "Told you it was a girl! Look how adorable she is with that tiny button nose! Look at those fingers!"

I couldn't help, but chuckle. "Yes Hoseok, I can see that!.. We were both right." She barely cried, softly breathing. "I thought she'd be louder than this."

The nurse in the room with us fixed my covers. "Don't worry about that, babies are as diverse as people." He fixed my girl's blanket. "She's as tired as you surely are."

I couldn't stop staring at her. "Fair enough." I turned to my husband. "Goodness, why are you crying? Sweety.." I brushed the tears running down his cheek.

He was such a cute mess. "I'm so proud of you... You're so pretty, she's so precious, you did so great. Baby.. you made it."

"Stop or I'll be the crying mess." I said as I rubbed my eyes.

He caressed her small head of black hair. "Do we still agree on the name?"

I nodded. "We do.." I took a deep breath. It was the best and worst feeling I had felt in my life. The emptiness of my stomach was filled by the love for my daughter and the overwhelming feelings I experienced, but I still didn't feel comfortable resting in the sensation. "Hobi?"

He seemed both endeared and worried. "Yes, Angel? Can I help you with anything? Want me to pick her up?"

Don't make him anxious. "If you could hold her for a bit, it'd be helpful. " It was getting hard to properly breathe. I placed an arm under my little one, the other by her head. "Mirror what I'm doing, hold her neck well." He was both thrilled and scared. I smiled. "You'll be just fine." Of course, he was. "See? Like we used to do with Eunho." I managed a bigger breath. A little better. "Mind pressing the button for the nurse please?"

Hoseok's P.OV.
Our little lady was so small and fragile.. "Want to ask something about the baby?" I was glad she made me hold her. "Maybe you simply need rest, Sunshine. We've been awake more than 24 hours. I can't even count."

Oh, she knew. "April 3rd...8h30 am or so right now... She's been here for 5 hours."

I checked my watch. "You're actually right! 8h34 am.." I glanced back at her. "Still want me to get the nurse before you sleep?" Her complexion was so light, as it always was in the winter, yet.. I took a closer look at her EKG. I spent so much time observing it in many situations, I knew her baseline since she gave birth to our girl. "150 bpm, 95/65 mmhg? Aren't you dizzy?"

Aecha's P.O.V.
I was getting there. I couldn't distinguish features clearly anymore. Even without glasses I could see decently. "..I'm fine for now.. get the nurse." My eyelids were so heavy. I looked up to our sleeping girl and the man of my life. "..I love you, okay?.." I caressed his arm and her hand. I couldn't hide it anymore. "I'm.. I'm scared.."

He put our girl down in her hospital crib to properly hold my hand and run his fingers in my hair. "They'll be there any second. I love you, Aecha.. You'll be okay."

I felt both cold and warm. I knew this was risky. We knew. I was scared, but he didn't seem as terrified as I thought. His expression eased me. "Okay.. okay.."

My assigned nurse came in. "Miss Jung? Everything okay?"

I sighed in a smile, not really sure what to say. "Not really.."

He put his gloves on. "I'll do a full check-up." He was so kind. "Your EKG is concerning, let me just.." He pulled the covers. "Let me get the doctor here." He jogged out speaking on his radio.

My husband squeezed my hand. "Don't worry, it'll be fine. If you need surgery, we'll be here."

I closed my eyes. ".. But the guys are coming.."

He left a kiss on my lips. "You and her first. The others can wait. I told them not to come by 10 am at least."

I knew them, the surely were in the lobby. My doctor came in with a couple of nurses. "Aecha, we're gonna do an ultrasound to see if everything is alright. You're bleeding more than expected.. I'll see what's going on." I wasn't gonna argue. He did his thing. It was so painful in places I almost passed out. "Alright.." He came by my side. "We're gonna have to fix this out of here. My team is getting ready. You'll be better in no time."

Anxiety slapped me in the face. So it did to my husband. "We'll.. We'll wait for you Angel.."

The wheels of my bed budged. We were making our way out. I hadn't even seen our girl open her eyes yet.
"Ash?"

"Noona?"

I knew these voices. My neighbor and my best friend.. "..Take care of Hobi.." A shallow coughing breath. "..And my baby girl.. until I'm back.."

The youngest refused. "I'll stay with you, noona. I'll wait by the door. I'll be there for you okay?"

I nodded as I heard the wide set of doors open. I'll make it back. I promise.