Chapter 239

Hoseok's P.O.V.
While we were making dinner.. "Hey, can I talk to you for a second?"

I turned to look at my future wife. "Of course, what's up?"

She sighed with a smile. "The problem is not you, so can you please stop pouting?"

My sigh was one of relief. "Thank goodness, then what is?"

She put the strainer down. "I'm pissed the adoption paper's respond wasn't given to us yet and I'm pissed of why it is. Also, I've been e-mailing back and forth with a contractor for a building they're finishing soon that would be viable for our team project."

I frowned. "The studio? Already?"

She shrugged. "You guys did give me the okay to look."

Ash.. "They meant after the wedding not before!" I slapped myself in the face. "It'll take years before we finish our contract anyway."

She grinned pecking my cheek. "Gotta start somewhere. I had time off work because of my injury and I took it for that." She shut up a second. "And to pack my bag."

I laughed. "Sure you did.. But after the award show, you do none of that."

She smiled. "Really? Why not?"

I pulled her by her sweatpants' strings. "You'll have to focus only on me."

I felt her arms wrap around my neck. "Is that so? Well I guess that if I have to, I will."

Her lips were brushing against mine. I wanted to kiss her so bad..

Take her on the kitchen counter right there but.."Got the things you we missing for the food noona!"

That guy.."Thanks Kook! Can you chop those for me while I prepare a second dish? We'll be five, but three of you are big eaters."

No clue what she was talking about. "Not true!"

She slapped my ass with the kitchen towel. "You first you pig."

I wanted to argue of course. "Why am I on a diet and you aren't?"

Her argument wasn't wrong. "Because lighter than this I don't look good. That's my preference, but I've been under 150 pounds before and it didn't look healthy at all."

JK remembered. "Right, when you got out of the hospital you were 135 pounds right?"

I recalled that.. She had only bones under her skin. "Didn't say I wanted her to lose that much. She's gorgeous like that."

She was glowing. "Thanks! Sure I'm over my perfect healthy weight, but I like my curves."

"We like them too noona!" Kookie said hugging her.

They both had gone a long way in their friendship-

Knocks on the door. "I'm here! Collected a plus one do you mind?" Jin hyung opened the door wide.

RM? What was he doing here? He rarely came home. Ash greeted him warmly nonetheless. "Joonie! What a nice surprise! Come in! What brings you to eat? Learned what we were making?"

He seemed upset. I barely caught what he mumbled. "I wanted to talk with you, my.. My girlfriend dumped me actually.."

What? "Well guess she isn't coming to the wed-"

Ash stepped on my foot before hugging Namjoon tight. "Want to talk now? Or maybe a drink? Some food?"

He seemed so.. Glad? Happy? I don't know. It felt like he thought he knocked on the right door. "A cup of tea if you don't mind."

"Of course sweety, just hand me your coat and I'll get you a warm cup ready." She said caressing his shoulder.

They weren't as close as their birthdays, but they knew they could rely on eachother and that was a friendship I rarely noticed.

Aecha's P.O.V.
After dinner, I sat aside in the kitchen with Joonie while the others were playing games. "Tell me what happened. You don't break up after 2 years for nothing."

"I told you.. She dumped me." He insisted.

Really? "Then she had a reason. What was it?"

"That we were at different places in our lives? I don't get it.. I saw her hangout with Moonbin not long ago.." He whispered rather upset.

I tried to make eye contact. "Joonie. They are friends. It's normal."

"Aecha, I want her back. I really like her, hell I love her okay.. I just don't know how and I don't even know why she left.." He sighed.

Joon.. I layed my hand over his. "I may know, she is my friend afterall." I took a deep breath. "She's the leader of a group that disbanded no matter how hard they worked and now they have another shot, but only years away. Next to the most successful leader in the world, how do you think she feels?"

Now he seemed annoyed. "For that? Not my fault we are worldwide famous now!"

Oups.. "Namjoon calm down, let me finish. She's anxious alright and you being away is hard because you can't answer when she needs you.. It's not your fault. I know how she's feeling."

His fingers brushed my tattoo. "That kind of anxious?"

I smiled lightly. "No, not at all. She's strong. She won't fall into that."

He looked up. "Not what I meant."

"But you thought of it." I filled back his cup. "Don't worry about it. I know you're worried."

His eyes were watery. I had only seen this at award shows. "Yeah.. I am.."

I got up and opened my arms. "Come here.."
He barely hesitated and hugged me. I heard his sobs and it broke my heart. I caressed his hair. "You'll get her back trust me.. Want to stay here tonight? I have all night to try to make you feel better."

He refused, that was no surprise. "Hyung came to get me, I'll leave with him."

Ahead of you. "He's gonna stay at Kookie's tonight." I took a glance at the couch. "He drank way too much, but if you really don't want to stay, I'll drive you home."

He gave me a tiny smile. "I'll stay here, you hate driving at night anyway."

Good choice. "I'll set the spare bed for you."

Before I could leave.. "Hey, Ash?"

I turned around. "Yeah?"

He gave me his nicest smile of the evening. "Thanks for listening."

"Always."