Chapter 238

Hoseok's P.O.V.
That day tired us out. When I say us I mean me and her ankle. She shouldn't have danced on it and she felt sore for the next day. But what surprised me as I woke up wasn't that she was still sleeping.. "Ae-in? What are you doing sleeping next to her? You never sleep in our bed." I pat our dog's head. "I know you're just doing your job, but knowing it is for emotional support makes me worry you know? What's your mommy emotional about?"

She only licked my hand and snuggled back with her master. She did hate having to rest for her ankle. There was her talk with Jin hyung too and the BBMAS getting closer, without counting the wedding in 16 days. She had many reasons to be worried, but putting my finger on it would be tough.

I caressed her hair. "Angel? I'll be at the studio to let you sleep okay? We're gonna work on new material."

She usually would say goodbye, but she probably was too deep asleep to hear.

I kissed her forehead. "Sleep tight, I hope you'll want to talk."

After making my coffee, I decided to walk to the studio. It was a good weather to do so. A quarter of my way done I crossed my hyung. "Jin hyung? Where are you heading?"

He seemed confused. "Where do you think? Your house is that way. I'm having breakfast with Ash."

Today? "She's maybe still asleep."

He smiled. "I know, I'm early, but I have a spare key." He scratched his nape. "I want to make up for a couple of days ago."

That was sweet. "I shouldn't be home too late if you want to stay till dinner? I'm sure JK would like to join us too."

He surely didn't say no. "Thanks Hobi, have fun at the studio!"

Aecha's P.O.V.
I fluffed my dog's fur. "You always know do you?-" A knock on the door. I yelled. "Coming!" I walked down the stairs and opened the door to a nice surprise. "Oppa!"

He hugged me so tight. "Look at you grinning! I thought you were sleeping."

I denied. "Woke up after Hobi left. I can go back you know?" I walked out of his hug.

He chased after me and caught me. "No you're not!"

Ah.. His cheerfulness warmed me up. "I'm so happy you're here! Let me fix you some coffee."

He followed me to the kitchen taking the cups out. "I heard for your ankle, is it okay?"

I sighed in a smile. "Yeah just shouldn't have danced on it. I'll need two more days of rest and honestly with the wedding getting near I surely won't."

He frowned. "You will with me!"

I sat down handing him his drink. "That I know, just.. Hobi seems so unworried? About so many things that I don't know if it's because there is nothing to worry about or if he's clueless."

That made him laugh. "Really? One thing Hobi clearly isn't with you is indeed clueless. He even mentioned you slept with your dog."

He noticed? I sipped on my cup. "Yeah, what about it. She's like a warm plush."

He gave me the eyes. Those don't lie to me eyes. "Last time you did was when you lost your son. Tell me what's up."

I sighed. "I don't even know. The wedding? I'm not even nervous. My ankle? It's healing. The award show? Not my concern until I'm on American soil."

He caressed my back. "There's one thing you didn't name. We both know you didn't name it on purpose."

I squeezed my mug. "Why didn't she call us back? It's been months... It's not my fault it didn't work out with her husband."

He played with my hair. "What if she never does? You can get the paperwork from her and finish it with another lawyer."

It would take ages. "I guess.. Look. I'm sorry for this nonsense, I know it'll be okay, but I just can't stop myself."

He nodded. "I get that." A second of silence. "You know what? Dress up, let's have breakfast out. I don't want you to cook. My treat!"

He was the sweetest. "Fine.. Can't say no to you. I'll get out of my PJ." I kissed the top of his hair and got changed.

Jin's P.O.V.
"Can I hold your hand?" I asked her walking out.

She smiled. "Of course."

"I rarely take a girl out, I want to know how to make it right." I chuckled.

She laughed. "It's not hard.. Just putting effort is a big part of it. That was an issue I had when I dated Joke." She went on. "He was always too busy or made other plans and when he would take me out to eat, it was at a fast-food down the street.. He was indeed busy, but putting the effort would've made it better. For example.. Remember in your tours? You guys were so busy, yet Hobi texted me and tried to call me everyday. That's putting the effort.. Or when he'd come back to Korea for a day when you were in Japan. It was effort."

Her relationships did do a 180°. "Why did you date Joke in the first place? Why then date Hobi?"

She smiled balancing our locked arms. "Joke made me feel like I was normal. Talent and personality mattered not looks. Hobi.. It started the same. Dance partners, but it's hard to explain. The vibe he gave out was different in my little heart. Each time I'd cross the door, my chest would warm up. And years later.. It still does."

That was such an adorable way to say it. "You guys really are made for eachother.. You're so lucky."

She grinned. "That's how I feel too, but the real words would be that I feel I'm enough. Not too much, not extra. Just found my balance and surely you will too-"

I accidentally tripped on something. Thank goodness she caught me.

"Sorry! I'm so sorry! I just dropped this.." Someome said picking up what I tripped on.

I crouched down helping her pick up the other stray items. "Don't worry about it, I'm not hurt." I made eye contact with her. She was cute.. I saw her bag. Uni student? In literature? Oh gosh Ash what do I do?! I can't speak.

Ash smiled nudging her head. She mouthed. "Her number."

I got up and cleaned my hands on my pants. "Sorry! I just saw your bag, you must be running to class."

"No, I just finished it's alright." She didn't seem to have recognized me.

That's my chance! "Then.. I'm sorry to ask, I'm very bad at this but could I have your number?"

"O-of course." She wrote it out on a piece of paper. "Thanks a lot for the help." She had a pretty smile. "Goodness I'll be late for work.. Nice meeting you!"

She ran off. Did that actually happen? I turned to Ash who was smirking leaning on a wall. "See? True to you. Didn't hurt did it?"

"I really have her phone number?" I dialed it.

"Yes?" It said on the other end of the line. Same voice.

"Just checking!" I ended the call hearing her giggle.

My friend smiled. "Look at you shying up! Rarely seen that before."

"Oh shut it! Let's go eat."
I really hope I'd actually get to talk to that girl again.. She seemed so nice.