Chapter 204

Aecha's P.O.V.
"Joke I'm gonna freaking kill you! How could you not realize she was gone?!" Mako yelled while Joke was trying to listen.

"Because I was arguing with you! You argue with me everyday, but today you are particularly annoyed with me!" He answered.

"How dare you take a phone call?! It's important!" She yelled.

He sighed. "It's only now that you care about her? Sorry Ash.. It's jus that-"

I cut him short. "Aki's here Joke. You can rest easy."

He sighed of relief. "Thank goodness.. How smart is she? I told her if anything bad happen to reach you. I meant calling you not go to your house."

I caressed his girl's hair. "You want me to keep her for a couple of days? Until you sort it out?"

He agreed. "That'd be amazing thank you."

His wife argued. "How can you leave our daughter in her hands? I want her back home right now!"

"So she can run away again? No way. I trust A.L. to keep her safe until we sort this out." He explained.

She cried. "How can you? I'm her mother, not Aecha."

He said something I couldn't believe I had heard. "Now you reclaim that title? Because between you and her, she's been more of a mother than you are to our daughter.. To your own daughter Mako." He sighed. "Thanks again.. Sorry you are mixed into this."

I smiled lightly. "No problem." I look at her little sleeping face. "We'll go get yoy clothes once you wake up pumpkin, but I don't think we'll get them at your house.."

"Auntie?" She said sleepily.

I pat her back. "Yes pumpkin?"

"Do Mommy and Daddy hate eachother?" She asked.

I kissed her forehead. "No.. They just don't like their actions."

"That's why you left my daddy before I was born? You still like my dad right?" She said.

How did she know that? "I still care for your dad, that's why he is still my friend, but yes. We didn't agree on something and he didn't want to stay with me."

She frowned and hugged me. "But you are so great!"

I laughed. "We were very young. We made mistakes and that's normal." I tried to change the subject to cheer her up. "Hey.. How about I make you a warm and comforting dinner. After that, we could go get you some clothes for tomorrow, but I want you to try some I have here. How does that sound?"

She smiled snuggling on me. "It sounds good."
.
.
.
.
After I took Aki to school like the coolest Auntie on Campus, I settled at my computer desk at the company. Like that, I could check on the trainees when I wanted to and continue my work. My company phone rang. I answered. "Hello?"

"Hey! It's Myeongjin downstairs. A certain Jookhyun wants to see you. Do I grant him access?" She asked.

I nodded. "Please do and send him to my desk."

I fixed a couple of things until I heard footsteps. "I never went to your desk before."

I got up and hugged him. "Thanks for coming."

He frowned worried. "How's Aki? Did she sleep well? Was she really fine to go to school?"

I smiled. "She slept next to me just fine. She and I talked a little last night and she was good today. I told her to call me if she wanted to go back home. She slept in an old t-shirt of mine. We got her some clothes for today because I couldn't find anything in my old things for her."

He sighed passing his hand across his face and hair. "I can't thank you enough.. I'll pay you back for the clothes and food."

"Don't bother." I refused. "How dare you say you want to pay me back? I'm happy to take care of her. Did you sleep at all?" I asked seeing his dark undereyes.

He let out a nervous laugh. "Shows that much huh? I didn't. I think Mako and I are gonna end our relationship." It was hard for his to speak. "I love the woman. Trust me, I do. But she became someone I didn't think she'd become.. I didn't dare to say anything because she works so hard, but I'm not her servant."

I brushed his tear away. "It's okay. I understand how hard it can be."

"I'm sorry it's happening while you are planning your wedding I-" He apologized.

"Don't. It's not your fault." I reassured him. "If you need a place to stay, I can give you the contact info of a friend of mine. He's looking for someone to rent his place while he is away."

"That'd be great thank you.. I didn't want to cause a conflict by asking to stay at your place with Aki there.." He admitted. "Also.." He handed me a bag. "Here's some of her clothes. She was smart enough to leave with her backpack."

I picked it up. "Thanks for trusting me with her."

"She trusts you, I trust you. Nothing else to say.. Just tell her I love her." He asked before leaving.

I smiled. "That's a given. Take care Joke."