Chapter 200

Aecha's P.O.V.
A knock on my door. 9pm? It can't be the girls.. I tied my robe and went downstairs. "How can I help you?- Joke? What are you doing here?"

He sighed embarrassed. "Can I borrow your couch for the night?"

"Did you fight with your wife again?" I asked. The look in his eyes gave it away. "I'll give you better than my couch Joke.. I'll fix a bed."

He entered my house. "I can't thank you enough.. Did I wake you up?"

I tied my hair. "No.. I was still on my computer. Don't worry about it." I picked up some sheets.

He took them from my hands. "I'll do it. I'm already a burden for you as it is."

I sighed. "Jookhyun, it's not your fault you had to come here."

He glanced up. "Or is it? I do everthing wrong in this marriage."

I held his face in my hands. "You're a good man. You're a good husband. You're a good father. Never think otherwise. You do everything in this house.. Mako is never there and never cooks.. You're the one putting your career aside for your daughter."

He made the bed. "Mako's always been a career girl. It's my fault she had trouble.."

I took a pillow from him. "I don't call having a daughter a fault. She's precious."

He messed up his hair. "I know. I'd do anything for her, but I don't think Mako feels like that."

I smiled lightly. "Want to talk about it?"

He denied. "You were probably about to sleep. I'll let you rest. You have to fly to Paris tomorrow afternoon."

I opened the lights. "I didn't plan on sleeping tonight. Mind sharing tips to the future married woman here over some coffee?"

He hesitated and smiled. "If you don't mind seeing me be emotional and shed a tear or two."

I started going downstairs. "If you don't mind my tears, I won't mind yours."
.
.
.
.
"Don't let work eat away your relationship. I know it's weird advice because you two live and love dancing and composing, but at some point, you'll realise things bother you about it." He explained.

I sighed. "Right.. Honestly, it's not pulling us apart in our relationship, but touring seperates us physically for so long.. It's driving us crazy."

He sipped his coffee. "You knew it would happen dating an Idol."

I played with my cup. "I know, but we were used to being apart no more than 3 months. 7 months is a first for us.. During a wedding preparation.. Right after losing my son.. It's awfully hard to deal with at the same time.." I clenched my fists. "I've been trying not to think about it, but I'm not fine!"

He tried to keep my tears from falling. "I can understand- Actually.. I can't understand because I'm not in your head and didn't lose my daughter A.L.. But you and Hoseok deserve to be happy. Especially you. You lived so much in a year, I don't know how you managed it."

I cried so hard. "I want my fiance back!"

He pat my back. "You will have him back soon.."

"I want him now! I don't want to wait anymore!" I tried to wipe my tears with my pajamas' sleeves. "I can't stand this.."

He hugged me tight. "You're a strong girl.. You can handle a couple more weeks."

I pulled back. "Joke.. I can't.. I really can't.. I've been cheering the other girls and Eoje up, but no one cheers me up.."

He caressed my hair. "Because you don't ask for it. You hide it. I'm here for you okay? Stupid tears and all."

I smiled. "You know I call my tears stupid?"

He laughed. "Your fiance told me. You've been saying that when you think you cry for no reason."

Hoseok's P.O.V.
"Hey Jookhyun, isn't it around midnight in Seoul?" I asked over a video call.

He nodded. "Yeah, it's 1am actually."

Wait. "You're in our house?"

He scratched his nape. "Yeah. My wife kicked me out and A.L. and I talked until half an hour ago."

I frowned. "Is she okay?"

He smiled. "In a way.. It's just a lot for her. You've been gone for a while and the timing of when you left wasn't the best."

I sighed. "Trust me, I didn't want to leave her like this. I'm gonna make up for it don't worry." I was the one worried. "Does she sleep alright?"

"She didn't want to sleep tonight.. I believe it's probably not the first time." He answered me.

I thought of something. "Go in her room."

He frowned. "What?"

"Just do as I say. " He got in. "Sit on the bed and caress her hair. She can't resist that."

He looked at me. "She'll know it's not you."

I nodded. "I know. Just bring the phone closer."

He followed my instructions. "What will you do?"

I whispered. "Goodnight babygirl.. I'm sorry I left you with so many things in mind, but I'm trying to lessen your burden.. I promise." I saw her ease down. "I love you."

Jookhyun slowly got out of the room. "You sent the papers?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I can't wait to have the acceptance paper in my hands.."

He smiled. "I can hear that. A.L is more thrilled than she says trust me."

I surely hoped so, but I knew so. "Watch over her tonight okay?"

He nodded. "On it." You're a good friend Joke.