love.

☆

(i'm in a bad storm rn in italy so enjoy this.if i'm in a storm everyone else has to be in 1! also there's so many fucking insects here i hate it.)

There was a storm next to the cabin so everyone had to stay inside. Luckily they were leaving tonight , but late.

Anja barely had any time to process what tom actually said to her.

She's never felt so heartbroken.

Never would she had thought that this would ever happen. Just processing it made her upset but she had to face it. She wasn't going to get him back and he was never going to have her again. In her mind she wouldn't allow that but in the past she's jumped at any opportunity to see him not realising she's madly in love with him. It was crazy to her how someone could just trample on her heart like that. Ridiculous even. Coming from the man who professed his love himself is now taking it all back? None of it made sense. She wished it was some nightmare or a stupid funny joke but it was neither. He barely looked happy with aria. How could that man ever love? Anja was truly heartbroken and confused. Why would he ever do that to her? That question replaying over and over in her head. It wasn't fair. It was always her having the shit luck when it came to men. Each and every one of them managed to hurt her somehow. Wondering to herself , what makes her so repulsive? The truth was nothing. She was a beautiful , talented girl with only hidden flaws. Why couldn't someone find to love her? Tom acting like he loved her. And her heart. Most certainly her body. Her eyes. Her hair. At least that's what she thought. Well she now thought that it was far from the truth but matter of fact was that she was correct. After all that fuck boy ego was a man who loved another woman more than himself. She was never able to love him again so she thought. Every moment she had with him she treasured , hoping to find what she felt with someone who could love her for real. Looking at him made her want to punch him. Strangle him in fact and make him take back his very own words. He was shattered. Shattered that he thought he had to do it and blamed him self for actually going through with it. He loved her to bits. More than he ever loved anyone and he didn't think it was fair either but it just goes to prove that he would do anything for her. They had such a great bond they prayed that could never be broken.

She missed being loved by him , the feeling. She knew she had sebastian but her attraction to him was fading. She didn't really feel anything towards him but now every time she looked at tom she was met by disgust.

Tom told bill what happened and he bugged out , shouting at him about how he should never do that ever to a girl. Especially one that you're in love with just to help her get over her feelings.

Now he was regretting everything. Seeing anja even more hurt then before. You could see it in her eyes. She didn't want to be there. Around him or anyone but she loved the rest and didn't mind.

Basically all day she stayed in her room.

Every now and then bill came in to check up on her but seeing her stay in bed all day was a representation of how much she was hurt and he wasn't able to see her like this. He had to tell her the truth.

He came in , and sat on the edge of the bed.

"how are you feeling?" he asked her in a comforting way.

"fine thank you," she genuinely appreciated his concern for her.

"look anja i have to tell you something." he said.

His words sounded like toms.

"what is it?" she was curious.

"i know what tom said to you and i have to tell you because i'm not going to let you rot in bed and regret all of your decisions. tom loves you with all of his heart and i know he said the complete opposite but he told me. he told me he only said those things because he saw and distraught and confused you were about sebastian and your competing feelings for tom. he only said that because he thought it would help you but instead it clearly hurt you and he regrets every word. i just hope you come to realise he's not a bad person. he's madly in love with you anja. you just look so lonely here i hate seeing you like this. you guys share those feelings and you're both trying to let them go but it's not working. doesn't that make you realise anything?" he explained as quick as he could.

She was laying there in shock but he saw her eyes light up for a moment.

"so he risked his feelings to try and make mine better?" she asked.

"exactly that." bill smiled at her.

"oh wow , thank you bill." this made her open up her eyes.

She wasn't going to let him go that easy because she wanted to see if maybe bill was lying for her sakes of being happy.

So she took bill and went downstairs to everyone. Especially because she needed water but she also wanted to see tom. She's been wasting away in her room so she basically didn't see anyone. She used the excuse of being sick which she was but that wasn't the reason. The two brothers knew.

Every now and then tom would look her. Deep regret and concern. He was scared of what she might do to herself. How her mental health could
decline. Him being a bit dumb he didn't think about this before.

He wanted to vomit seeing her upset. Sebastian not doing anything about it but then again he didn't know.

Anja clinged onto sebastian all day , even at dinner.

She would look at tom occasionally when he wasn't looking. She did notice him look at her and asking bill if she was okay.

So bill wasn't lying after all.

It definitely reassured her but just hearing those words being able to come out of his mouth made her want to cry like she was doing before. She looked like a state.

There was so much beauty in their relationship.

Going into it she knew she was going to get hurt some point but not like this.

When they were finished eating , anja headed upstairs to sit on top of the roof and watch the stars. She loved doing that.

She sat there with her cigarette. Peaceful watching the sky.

Tom knew he couldn't leave it like this. This couldn't be the end. It just couldn't. Not after everything she's been through with him. Not after all that love they shared between them even before they started dating.

He followed her , sitting down next to her.

At first he didn't say anything but then it started.

"look , you don't have to say anything right now but just hear me out. i couldn't sleep last night knowing what i said to you. i only did that because i thought i had to. i thought it would help you get over me and stop feeling guilt for sebastian. i couldn't see you crumble all because you cheated on him. i know what we had was real. more than anything i've ever had at least. the best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul and i've really felt it. you've made me feel alive. i reach for you more every day. i feel like there's a fire in my heart that warms and brings peace to my mind whenever i see you or feel you or look at you anja. you've given me that opportunity to feel it. i'll always love you and never stop. even if you don't want to talk to me now or ever i hope that in the future you will look at me and be happy over the moments we shared. remember when we baby sat that girl of your friends and we talked about sharing kids together. our future. hopefully one day we can have that but for now just know that i'm here for you and i didn't mean a single word that i said to you about not loving you. trust me when i say i've never loved anyone more and i have people who's been around me most of my life to vouch for that." He expressed from the bottom of his heart.

She literally had no words she was so stunned.

She just rested her head on his shoulder. A little sniffle came out from her as nobody has ever said anything like that before. It was crazy how she could go from not feeling loved at all to feeling completely loved again. All in a matter of hours.

He put his arm around her and they sat there watching the stars. She felt so comfortable in those arms she got held in before. Just the familiar feeling was enough. The smell of the cologne and cigarettes. Everything. She knew he was the one for her.

He certainly knew she was the one for him.

so hope you enjoyed!

i want to certainly kms rn!

xoxo author💋.