♡ I See You

You watch as Tony explains the new gadget he made to the team, you quietly work in the back of his lab, putting his suit back together. You had to replace some panelling that had been scorched and some wires that had been burned through. Nobody pays you any mind, you're free to move about without interruption which you like. Of course it gets lonely but Tony promised you anonymity when he took you on. He knew everything about you, the powers that you struggle to control, that you were all alone in the world, he even knew about your one and only run in with hydra. They had found you and tried to take you, it hadn't ended well for them. Your fire power had went volcanic and none of them survived the encounter. That was how Tony had found you, you had been buried under a pile of ash and debris.

You look at the cuff on your wrist, grateful Tony had come up with something to keep your powers in check, you could still use them, you often did when you dropped something, catching it with your air or keeping those damn plants alive that Tony gave you. It was all practise he said, the pants, making shapes with water, holding things up with your air. Your fire power frightened you though, it was the hardest to control and after what had happened, even if they were bad guys, you had killed with it. That was what the cuff was for, Tony had made it look stylish so people wouldn't question it. It was made from the same thing as Cap's shield and Bucky's arm, vibranium, strong enough not to get broke or damaged by your elemental abilities, it even held a turquoise stone which was a hidden button incase you panicked.

The team start to leave the lab, but not before you notice Bucky watching you with a frown. Tony comes over making you look away and when you look back he's gone.

"Hey buttercup, might want to check yourself there" he points to the pen floating by your hand.

"Damn it" you swipe it out of the air and out it down.

"I don't know why that keeps happening?" you sigh and Tony shrugs.

"What were you thinking about?" he asks.

"Lots of different stuff, but my past mostly" he nods.

"Maybe it's like a response to mild stress. Most people tap pens but you...float them" he smiles and you pout.

"Yeah, maybe. What time is it?" he looks at his watch.

"Its late, you gonna go train?" you nod, you needed to keep practising.

"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow Tony" you kiss his cheek and head out the door.

                             ~~~~~

Bucky had been watching you for a while now, you were always in the lab in the back, quietly working. Nobody bothered you or really talked to you he noticed. And it didn't seem to bother you that they didn't, but he noticed you watching them now and again, a look of longing on your beautiful face. You had looked lonely, so he had started to watch you, he had noticed some odd things. Like the other day, he was in getting a recalibration done on his arm and you had been passing Tony bits of equipment. He had watched as screwdriver rolled across the table and the next thing he knew it was in your hand. He thought he had just missed you catching it but now he wasn't so sure. Strange things happened around you and nobody ever saw it, but him.

"Whats up with you?" Steve asks as Bucky sips his coffee.

"Nothing, why?" he shrugs.

"You've been more quiet than usual is all" Bucky just shrugs.

"Just thinking. You know the girl in Tony's lab? How long has she been here?" Steve grins.

"Y/n, I don't know. She's been here for a while, I don't really talk to her. She likes to keep to herself. Why? you interested in her?" Bucky flushes and shakes his head.