Arena of Death 4

You sigh again as Bucky paced the rooftop, those deaths were hitting you hard. You had believed Steve when he told you that not everybody could be saved, but seeing it, watching it happen and not being able to do anything about it. That hurt.

"How long can we realistically stay up here?" you ask.

"Probably not much longer, I saw people heading for the building but they won't get up here without a lot of work. But I'd give us another day maybe" he sits opposite you.

"You okay? I know that had to have been hard to see" he takes your hand gently.

"I'm fine, just not used to not doing anything" you give him a sad smile.

"I get it" he kisses your knuckles.

"So how did they get you? I mean you're a super soldier with all that extra stuff" you wave in his direction.

"Extra stuff?" he huffs a laugh.

"Yeah like super hearing, smell, strength and all that jazz" you smile when he shakes his head.

"True, but being able to smell what cologne someone has on doesn't really help me. Now dropping a building on me, that'll get a guy every time" he smiles.

"They dropped a building on you? Are you serious?" you ask and he nods.

"I got separated and while everyone was distracted they toppled a small building on me. When I woke up I was here" he shrugs and leans back against the wall.

"They have to know who you are then, I mean how could they not. This place is definitely a recruitment thing. I just can't figure out what for" you huff and scrub at your hair.

"God I'd kill for a shower right now" you mutter, pulling your fingers away in disgust.

You could feel the dirt and sweat built up on your scalp and skin. Then there was the blood that was still weeping from your makeshift bandage.

"Don't worry sweetheart, you look good to me" he winks.

"That won't last long if I get an infection" you sigh.

"Let me take another look, there's still some vodka and clean cloth left" he pulls you into him, laying you over his legs.

"Well this doesn't feel awkward at all" you huff and hear him laugh.

"Just sit still and I'll be done in no time" he digs in the bag for his supplies.

When he tugs at your pants, you bite your lip. This is definitely not how you saw yourself getting stripped by Bucky Barnes. You hiss when the vodka is splashed over your hip, Bucky wipes it, probing at the wound carefully. He hums, satisfied that it looks okay and re-wraps the wound.

"I imaging it still hurts like hell, but it looks okay" he tugs your pants back up and slaps your ass.

"Hey!" you huff and sit up.

"Can't blame me with that ass, sweetheart" he laughs.

"Pervert" you huff and he laughs more.

"So when the others manage to get here, what do we do? I mean I can fly us away but not far with an injury" you wince as your wound pulls.

"If they get in don't worry about me. You take off and I'll be right behind you. But don't wait for me, understand?" he stares at you with a serious look.

"But" you try but he shakes his head.

"No, no buts. I'll be fine. Just promise me you'll go" he takes your hands and squeezes.