❤️ A Hero Can Save Me 4

Bucky still hadn't made himself come see you yet. You had been out of medical for a few weeks now, he was building himself up to it. But all these feelings were consuming him, it was an overwhelming force that rocked his mind. He knew he wanted you, and had already tasted you. But now you had been hurt, and he blames himself for it. But the need to see you, to touch you was killing him. He didn't know how much longer he could resist you. Steve had told him, you had asked to see him. But he was fighting it. With a burning determination, he fought off his want.

He had taken it too far already. Fucking you at the party because of jealousy. Licking your pussy in the steam room because he was worried. And all because of that damn mission where you saved his life. Maybe he could check in once, just to see if you are healing okay. That would be acceptable, normal even.

He heads for your room, he can already hear the laughter from you. Something Nat has said makes you wheeze and splutter. He catches his lips turning up in the corners, the sound of your voice alone making him tingle in anticipation of seeing you.

"Okay, I'll see you later babe" Nat pauses in the doorway when she sees him, her brow going up in shock.

People had noticed that he hadn't once been to see you. From sitting outside the med wing all day as they worked on you to a disappearing act that raised brows.

"If you upset her, I won't hesitate to make sure that metal arm never works right again. Understood?" Her threat makes him swallow, Nat would do it too.

And it would be in some twisted manner that would probably hurt as well. Bucky nods and lets her pass. He takes a deep breath before stepping in. One look. One look from you is all it took to break him. Your eyes are still shades of green and blue, and your lips are still puffy and swollen. And that fucking cast on your leg.

He's almost afraid to move forward but your smile is instant when you see him. Your whole face lighting up is enough to make his chest hurt.

"Hi," Your voice is breathless and breathy.

Bucky coughs, he can't seem to catch any air, let alone talk. But he moves for you, sinking onto his knees and taking your hand. The other reaches for your face, but he's hesitant, holding back before he gives in and touches you. He sighs in relief when you lean into it, your eyes closing.

"I missed you" His heart stutters at your words. His mind twists in fear.

You shouldn't miss a monster, shouldn't crave his touch. But he can see it in your eyes, a need there that shocks him to his soul. He wants you to want him. But the fear. The fear is a very real thing. Like cancer, it eats through his mind. Telling him this is wrong, he shouldn't be here.

"You don't look so bad" He gives you a smirk and you look relieved to see it.

"I don't feel so bad now. My rib is the only thing that causes any pain now" He watches as you shrug. Were you trying to make him feel better?

"I should have watched you more carefully" His eyes dropped to his knees.

"I'm an Avenger Bucky. Shit happens" Your eyes sharpen on him, a fierce determination flashing in them.

"Yes, you are. But you were mine to protect" His eyes flash back, anger in his.

You lean forward, wincing slightly. When he tries to stop you, you smack his hand away. He's surprised, but he shouldn't be. You are a wildly independent woman and right now you're growling at him. It fills his chest with heat and pride.

"There's a fine line between protective and possessive Bucky. And I am not yours for either of those things" You blink rapidly when his face presses close.