♡ Tell Me

Bucky watches you from afar, your moves are graceful, your limbs strong as you dance about the sparring mats. He had been in love with you for so long now, you were everything to him. He wanted to tell you, wanted you to know what you meant to him but he could never find the right words, his mouth would dry up and he would choke on his fear. Would you feel the same? Would you laugh in his face? All these thoughts left him drained and with a need to punch something.

He finally steps into the gym, walking slowly past you. His eyes never stray from your form, he watches as you backflip in to a fighting pose. You looked wild, beautiful, he wanted nothing more than to sweep you off your feet and kiss the life out of you. His heart stutters when you smile and wave.

"Hey Bucky" he nods and moves onto the weight bar.

He sighs and rolls his eyes at himself, even talking to you was getting hard now. But you always spoke to him, you saw him. He had realised he liked you because of your happy demeanour, you were helpful and sweet. You had watched him struggle with the tv and instead of taking the remote from him like others had, you sat down beside him and showed him what to do. You had patience and a calm about you that he loved. You could settle the room with a smile and reassuring words, a quiet word here, a whispered confidence there. It was hard to believe you were an avenger, it was even harder to believe that you were single.

In the few conversations you had with him, he asked about a partner and you had just smiled and said you had nobody. A gleam in you eye had given him hope that you could see him as someone important some day, a partner that you could share you life with. It made his heart light, the thought that you may want him. He hoped that's what the gleam meant.

"Bye Bucky" you call out as you pass by, he nods again.

You sigh as you leave the gym, Bucky had grown quiet around you lately. Not that you had a lot of conversations to start with but he had always said hello before. He was so sweet and shy, he never asked for help and all you wanted to do was wrap him up in a hug. He looked like he just wanted lots of cuddles to you, and you would gladly give them to him.

"Hey Steve, is something up with Bucky?" you ask as you enter the kitchen.

"Not that I know of, why?" he puts down his cup of coffee.

"He just seems extra quiet. I mean even more so for him" he shrugs.

"I'll check on him later" you nod and head off with your bottle of water.

You shower and clean up, dressing in some pyjama shorts and a T-shirt, you pull on fluffy knee high socks and grab your phone. Steve taps on you door and walks in.

"He said he was okay but when I pushed, he said he was feeling a bit low" your brows furrow in concern.

"Where is he now?" Steve smiles at you, he recognised that look.

You had a plan, you went out of your way to help people. You took Nat out drinking when she had split from her boyfriend, you gave Tony a coffee cup with world best iron man written on it when he blew up a suit and you found Steve some expensive drawing paper that he had been to scared to use yet, and just because he had complained that his drawing pad had ran out of paper. You cared a lot about your team, you liked to take care of people but it made Steve wonder when was the last time someone took care of you.

You wink at Steve and get up, pushing him out the door. You had a plan to put together. You run to all the spare rooms and grab pillows and blankets, you give Thor pop tarts so he'll leave the lounge and borrow Steve's record player along with some of his records as well as Tony's. You find fairy lights and string them up and grab some chips and dip.