Arena of Death 2

You feel someone wiping your brow, you jump away when you feel the hand wander down your neck.

"Who the hell are you?" you grunt and shove the hand away.

You couldn't see his face, the shadows to dark for anything other than his eyes to glint at you.

"I would say you're all right, but you're not. Not here anyways" the voice is calm and soothing.

You groan and try to sit up, he helps you and sits back, his face now in the light. He had dark hair to his chin, and bright blue eyes. You had seen his picture a few times, in the news and off Steve.

"Bucky" you sigh, thank god.

"You know who I am?" he asks.

"I'm here for you, the team sent me to find you" he snorts and shakes his head.

"Steve sent you?" he asks and you nod.

"Yeah, I joined the team about five months ago. Nobody knows I'm on it so I was the best one to get in here and find you" you stretch your arms above your head.

"They won't be able to find us, everyone is searched thoroughly when they're bought in" he sighs and rubs his face.

"Well unless they did a cavity search while I was out I'm pretty damn sure they didn't find my tracker" you roll your eyes at yourself.

"Cav...where the hell is your tracker" Bucky eyes you up.

"Somewhere private enough to make Steve blush" you snigger and Bucky barks out a laugh.

"So, when does the tournament begin and what am I in for?" Bucky hands you some water.

"I think you're the last one doll. It will start in the morning. They've been letting certain people out to practice, their champions" he shakes his head.

"The ones who were taken don't stand a chance. It's gonna be a death match. From what I have seen, they have weapons and booby traps set up. The arena is like a broken down street with houses, tunnels, hidden places and a shit load of killers on the loose" he looks you over.

"You need to stay beside me, I'll keep you safe" he gives you a lopsided smile.

"I can fight and I have powers. They won't know what hit them if they touch me" you nod at him.

"Good to know. What's your power?" he asks.

"I can fly and I have a kinetic forcefield. If they hit it, it will knock them back ten times harder than what they hit it with" Bucky gives you a look of admiration.

"And you can fight?" he asks and you nod.

"Been training with Steve and Nat for five months. I'm obviously not as fast or strong but I know how to take someone down" he nods at you with a far away look.

"Can you kill someone?" he looks you dead in the eye.

"Yes" you tell him honestly.

You had killed before, not because you wanted to. But because you had been forced to protect yourself. You had felt like shit afterwards, Nat had told you not to feel to bad. The men you had killed had been after you for your powers. They had been part of hydra, evil men who want what they can't have. And they paid dearly for it.

Bucky watches you, he can see a shadow cross your eyes after his question. You had killed and it haunted you. He knew exactly how you felt, he takes your hand a squeezes it. When you look at his hand in yours, he can hear you swallow hard, he sees you blink away the tears and force a smile on your face. It was heartbreaking seeing you try so hard to hide what you really felt, that it had hurt you to kill. But here you were, for him. In a place where you would have to kill to survive, to save yourself and him.

Bucky One ShotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara