❤️ Christmas Surprise

You were in the car travelling to your parents house for Christmas day, Bucky was driving and singing along to the radio, making you laugh as he croons away.

"You excited doll?" he asks with a smile.

"Uh, yeah. Are you? I mean meeting the parents and for Christmas, are you sure you're alright with it?" you ask again.

"Of course I am. I want to meet all the important people in your life sweetheart" he grabs your hand and kisses it.

"Just.. Watch my dad. He thinks he's big man on campus and likes to glare people down" you shrug, he had done it to every boyfriend since you were fifteen.

"Baby, he can't intimidate me" he chuckles.

"Bright side. My mom will love you, probably a bit too much" you mumble.

Your mom was an over zealous woman, she wanted to see you happy and married with babies and a house. She would fawn over Bucky, feeding him and asking a million questions. God, you bet she had made him a family sweater. She made one for everyone who joined the family, they were hideous. But you knew Bucky would wear it, he would wear it to make you happy.

"A few more minutes doll" he grins at you, heading through the snow covered streets.

"That's it there" you point out a big house at the end of the street.

"Dear God" your mother had went all out with the decorations.

The house looked like a giant gingerbread house covered in lights. Including giant gingerbread men guarding the doors. Bucky chuckles at your gobsmacked face.

"Is it always so... Bright" he asks.

"No, this is...I don't know what this is" he pulls the car into the drive.

He gets out and heads round to open your door, kissing your cheek as he helps you out. He grabs the bags and follows you to the door. You cringe when you hear a shriek, you mother was bouncing up and down at the sight of you. Or more specifically at the sight of Bucky.

"There's my girl and oh my. Your boyfriend is so handsome" she grins and pulls him into a hug.

"Mom this is Bucky. Bucky this is my mom, Alice" Bucky nods with a smile as Alice let's go of him.

"Lets get you both inside, the snow is meant to get heavier soon" Alice ushers you both in.

"Paul! Paul get in here. Y/n is home" your mother yells.

Your father appears around the corner, a smile on his face until he sees Bucky. And there it is. The glare. Bucky holds out his hand to shake and your father takes it, you hold back a smile when he tries to squeeze Bucky's hand. Bucky just keeps smiling until he let's go.

"Nice to meet you sir" Bucky says politely.

"Paul, this is Bucky" Alice says.

"What kind of name is Bucky?" he smirks.

"Dad! It's his nickname" you growl out.

"Men should go by their proper names, nicknames are for kids" he grunts and heads off to the kitchen.

"Ignore him, he's always rude" you take Bucky's hand and lead him to the stairs.

"Mom we'll be back in a bit" you say.

"Take your time. Have fun" Alice winks at you and Bucky.

You close your bedroom door and sigh, dropping to the bed. Bucky sits beside you, wrapping an arm around your shoulders.

"I'm sorry about him" you say quietly.

"Don't be. If I had a daughter I would be the same" he smiles.