❤️ Christmas Surprise 2

You wake up to kisses along your jaw, your eyes flickering open to see a smiling Bucky.

"Merry Christmas baby" he kisses you softly.

"Merry Christmas Bucky" You sit up and stretch.

"So what's the plan today?" he asks.

"Mom will probably already be in the kitchen starting the food, which means my dad is in the lounge watching whatever game is on. And the rest of my family will be showing up soon" You blow out a breath and Bucky chuckles.

"You laugh now, but wait until my great aunt Grace shows up. She's going to want a kiss off you" You scrunch your nose up.

"So?" he's still laughing.

"She'll try and use her tongue" You burst into laughter when Bucky looks at you sharply.

"I also have a cousin, Leah. She'll probably try it on with you, there's also David who'll ask you a million questions, Sarah likes history and she knows who you were. Oh and don't forget my uncle Paul who is as bad as my dad and will sit beside him and they'll both scowl at you" You watch as Bucky swallow hard.

"But don't worry I've just had an idea. We can escape for a few hours, I'll take you to where I went as a child. It's out back, through the woods" You push Bucky into the bathroom and pull the door closed.

You grab a towel and your clothes, ready for your turn to shower. You wink at Bucky as he passes you by. You clean up quickly and dress, grabbing your boots and leading Bucky down the stairs.

"Mom, do you have a basket?" you ask and head into the kitchen.

"What do you want a basket for?" she hands one over.

"I'm taking Bucky to the old house and we're gonna have breakfast there" You pack some things into it.

"Oh that's lovely, don't fill up too much because dinner is going to be big" Alice smiles.

"Then again, I suppose you two can work it off" she winks at a flushing Bucky.

"Ma! Will you stop that" You grab Bucky's hand and lead him to the back door.

"Let's go" You lead him through the garden to the trees that show the boundary lines of the property.

"Where are we going doll?" he follows along, holding your hand.

"Just a bit further. It's my old tree house" you point up.

Bucky gapes at the site of the tree house. It was a bit over the top you had to admit, but your father had built it and your mother had decorated it. What was meant to be a rustic little tree house was a luxurious cottage in the trees. It didn't have electricity or running water, but it was decadent for a kid's tree house.

"Ridiculous isn't it?" you huff and head for the ladder.

"Aren't tree houses supposed to be..?" he waves his arm about.

"Yeah, but my mom and dad had their hands in this one" You open the door.

There was a big fluffy rug on the floor and the walls had sparkly pink paper on them. There was also a big beanbag chair and a little white table in the corner.

"This is where you spent your time?" he looks around.

"You met my parents" You roll your eyes.

"My mother used her time to try and find me boyfriends and dress me up. While my dad taught me how to change a tire and fix my car. It was a conflicting time for me, so when I turned eighteen I left and joined Shield. And a few years later I met you" You put the basket down and stepped into him.