❤️ This Party Sucks

You hated Tony's formal parties, they were dull and full of dull people. Here to schmooze and ask for money or autographs, rubbing elbows with avengers so they could look good. You had a dislike of people in general, there was only a handful that you trusted with your life, and the team were good people. They were better than even that. They're flawed people and knew it but still tried to do the right thing and in your book, it made them better than most. But there was one, one member of the team who was the most flawed of all. At least to him, he was.

Bucky Barnes.

He sat at the table opposite yours, the ornate cloth hiding his tapping foot. But you knew he would be tapping it because crowds made him nervous. And crowds of people who knew who he had been, made him the most nervous. He looked like he kept expecting someone to call him out, or accuse him. It made you sad for him, he was such a good man. His heart and soul shined through his eyes. It pained him to think people still feared him, you didn't. He was too nice, too charming. And sexy as hell to boot.

What you wouldn't give to kiss him just once, to hold him as he took you. But you wouldn't go there, too afraid of rejection and too afraid to disturb the peace he seemed to have found finally. It didn't stop you fantasising though, all that dark hair and his bright blue eyes. And, damn that arm. What you wouldn't give to have his metal hand wrapped around your throat as he fucked you. Ooph.

Yup, Bucky was hot stuff. And you would gladly let him burn you to the ground.

                                 ***

Bucky hated these things, people kept looking at him like they were waiting for the winter soldier to appear. And he couldn't even get drunk to dull the pain of having to sit through the speeches. Tony and Steve both had to talk at some point, about what he didn't know. Hadn't paid attention when he was told and didn't care either way. He sips his drink and looks around. His brows go up when he sees y/n watching him, her bottom lip being bitten as her eyes burn at him. Well, this just took an interesting turn.

Y/n was one of the few people who looked at him like he was a man and not some broken-down tin soldier. She had helped him with a few things, like the damn microwave. Who knew popcorn could burst into flames? Or when Clint had kept sending him terminator gifs, she had shown him how to block them. Not done it for him, actually sat down and showed him.

She was like him in that she didn't like people, didn't like to be around them, didn't like them fawning for her attention. And now she was sat watching him, chewing her plump rose-coloured lips and looking like he was something to eat. He smirks and looks away before she notices him watching back.

Yes, this night just took an interesting turn. Plus she looked stunning in her cocktail dress. Blue was her colour and the thin straps did nothing to hide her ample assets, the curve of them heavy against her dress. He could see her dainty foot poking out from the table cloth, her dress must stop further up because he couldn't see it at all. And that was giving him ideas on how to make this night a lot more fun.

"Hey pal" Steve sits and Bucky drags his eyes away from you. Steve had seen him looking but wouldn't push him to do anything about it.

"Hey, when is your speech?" Bucky loves Steve but he really didn't want to sit through a Captain America talk. Steve was good at them but it wasn't anything Bucky hadn't heard before.

"In a few minutes and then Tony is up. Not sure what his is about though" Steve chuckles when Bucky snorts at him. Steve didn't like standing up in front of people any more than Bucky did. But Tony was built for the public.

"Go talk to her" Steve's brows go up and Bucky looks sharply at him. Steve had decided that Bucky did need a push in your direction.

"I'm working on it" Bucky grumbles. Steve laughs quietly, he couldn't be happier that Bucky was thinking of going over to you.