❤️ A Hero Can Save Me 2

Weeks went by, Bucky stayed away. It was all glances from afar. His eyes watch your every move. You would be watching TV and a prickling sensation would crawl over your neck, he would be in the shadows watching you. It was confusing. He had walked away but couldn't seem to stop looking at you.

No words were spoken. Heated glances that trailed your body were all you got from him. In briefings he would look over constantly, every time you spoke up or asked a question, his eyes were burning into you. Missions were weird as well, this was the closest he stuck by you. Always watching your six, fighting enemies that got near you. It was sweet in a frustrating way. But you couldn't bring yourself to speak to him, not yet. It felt... easier to stay away from him.

But you didn't know how much longer you could put up with the heat of his stare. It made your skin itch. Even now, you were in the gym and you could feel him looking you over as you were sparring with Tony. You hear a grunt and the weights slam down when Tony helps you up from a kick he gave you. Looking over Tony's shoulder, you can see Bucky assessing you for injuries. The kick hadn't been particularly hard but you were distracted by Bucky and Tony had gotten you in the stomach.

"Are you okay honey?" Tony dusts you off and helps you stand straight.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Head was in the clouds is all" You stretch and groan, and your stomach feels tight but not painful.

"You should hit the steam room, stop them muscles seizing up. I'm sorry kiddo" Tony pats your shoulder with a smile.

"It's fine Tony. Like I said, my head was in the clouds. But the steam room sounds good" You nod and head to your room, a quick shower and change so you can relax in the heat for a while.

                                 ***

The steam room was great, the smell of eucalyptus and strawberries filled the air. You breathe deeply, the steam clearing your head and relaxing your muscles. You press the button for more steam, the room so full you couldn't see. Laying back, you just enjoy the silence in peace.

"Are you hurt?" A rough growl makes you jump.

"Jesus. Bucky?" you squint through the mist, seeing his dark shape lurking.

"I said, are you hurt?" He steps forward, his eyes wide and angry.

"No. I'm fine. The muscles just feel tight" You shrug and lay back.

You couldn't deal with him right now, he was the reason you had taken the kick in the first place. Closing your eyes, you wait for the sound of the door closing but it doesn't happen. When you peek, Bucky has moved closer, peering down at your stomach. His eyes flicker to your face, his tongue poking between his lips as he licks them. The air feels electrified as he keeps looking, his metal hand darting out and smoothing up your leg.

"I shouldn't be doing this," He says more to himself than you, but he looks to see if you would stop him.

You don't, you don't want to break the spell he seems to be under. His eyes are completely focused on your skin, your stomach tenses and you wince when the cool metal presses onto your warmth.

"You're in pain?" He bends to look closer at you like he's waiting to see if you'll lie about it.

"No. Your hand is cold" Your voice is barely a whisper, but you know he hears your words.

He nearly smirks at that, the corners of his lips curving up for a moment. His eyes move back down your body, he takes in the small strings that tie your bikini together. His finger catches one on your hip and pulls at it slowly. It falls open and his eyes dart to your face. He continues when you don't move, the other string now loose and hanging. He hears the whimper that leaves your lips, it is embarrassing how much you wanted him to touch. How much you needed to feel him again. The whimper gets louder when his fingers slowly pull the material down, exposing you to him.