A Hero Can Save Me 3

Well, the mission was not going as planned, Bucky was everywhere you were. Taking out people left and right and making you feel useless. He was determined to be your saviour apparently and it was infuriating you.

"You can't keep doing this" You growl and his brow goes up.

"I'm keeping you safe" His tone brooks no argument, but you were not having that.

"Why am I even here if you are going to do my job for me?" You shove him back but he doesn't go far.

"I need to take care of you" He steps into your space, the dominance radiating off him.

"You need to get fucked" You walk away before he grabs you.

He was pissing you off, what had been sweet and cute back at the facility was now a liability to your job. He was distracting you, making your job harder to do. Like it wasn't already tough being the only normal person on the team. You yelp when a hand wraps around your waist, yanking you off your feet. A man grabs you by the hair and drags you along a corridor. You lash out and punch him in the side of his head. He grunts and swings you by your hair, you feel strands of it rip free as you fall.

Climbing back to your feet, the man grins. They always went for you and considered you the weak link in the team. But you could fight, you didn't hold Steve's need to fight like a good guy. If you had to get dirty to win, you would. When he runs at you, your foot lashes out and swipes his leg out from under him. He grunts and swings at you, catching your eye as he goes down.

"Fuck!" Your retaliation is quick, and an uppercut to his jaw sends him flying back into a wall. He doesn't get up again.

"Not bad for a girl" You turn, and another stands there grinning.

Except this one has a gun, he fires and you dodge to the side. He laughs as you flip about, he wasn't even really trying to hit you.

It was a game, making you squirm as he fired more rounds at you. But as you move, you don't see another come out of the shadows. A punch to your ribs leaves you winded and sucking at air. He definitely cracked a rib, breathing hurt more than it should. When he steps over, you're bent forward still gasping. He wasn't expecting you to swing and hit him in the throat. He coughs and splutters, sucking at the air as much as you are. He manages to clip your mouth, blood instantly filling it.

You reached for your comms for help, but it wasn't in your ear. The hit to your face must have dislodged it. You scan the floor, seeing it by the wall. You dive for it, but a force slams down on your leg. A scream rips up your throat, a loud crack lets you know your leg is broken. The man with the gun stands over you, another grin on his face.

"The Avengers will pay a pretty penny to get you back" You groan when he pulls you up.

Your leg and ribs throbbed, your eye was swelling shut and blood ran down your chest from your mouth. You were in bad shape, but you refused to go down without a fight. The man's eyes flare wide when you punch him in the face, his head flying back with a grunt. His blood splashes your face and clothes as his nose ruptures.

"You fucking bitch" He grunts and swings the gun at your head.

Your other eyes now throbbed in pain, you could still see out of it but only just. Blood had welled up from a split the gun had caused and it was running down your face. Before you can do anything else, you're swept up and carried off. Your body to sore to do more than squirm in his grip.

                                 ***

Bucky didn't know what to do. His need to protect you was overwhelming him. You didn't understand that he had to do it, it couldn't be any other way for him. You were in his blood now. His mind wanders back to you, his eyes scanning the area but you have walked away already. Angry at him for showing you the only way he could, that he cares deeply about you. You were taking up more and more space in his head, in the beginning, it had felt odd. You were a caring person and it had grated on him a bit.