❤️ Pulled from the Darkness 4

You run but you never get far, the corridors were long and your legs so small. The doctors chasing you, call out your name, beg you to stop. But they never stopped when you begged, and you begged them a lot. The injections hurt, your spine aching from what they pumped into you. They tell you, you will have a gift. A gift so amazing that everyone will want it. They just have to make it work first, your DNA was perfect but you were resilient and fought them every chance you got.

Until he came anyways, your step father was evil. You had tried to tell your mother but as soon as he spoke to her she would let go all of your words, wouldn't listen when you pleaded with her. You didn't know how Brice did it, your mother normally was so understanding. But not lately, lately she wouldn't listen to anything you said.

And Bianca would just laugh as you whimpered in pain, she would watch as they injected you. Over and over again. And then the day came when your powers worked, it had been the worst day of your life. They went from sticking you with needles to cutting you, they wanted to see how far they could push your powers.

You see the knife, the doctor speaking soothingly to you as he pressed it into your skin. You had screamed, begged, prayed. But nothing stopped them. The pain had been unbelievable, they never gave you an anesthetic.

"N.. No more. P.. Please, no m.. More" you cry out.

But the doctor just keeps cutting, they take bits away. Watch you regrow skin, muscle, bone and organs

"It h..hurts" you whimper.

"Y/n, wake up"

You blink, the voice you hear is calming, soothing.

"Wake up sweetheart"

It sounds in pain, like they are dying on the inside.

"Please sweetheart"

You blink, your eyes feel puffy, the skin on your face tight. When you lift your hand, you feel the wetness that had ran over your sore cheeks.

"Are you okay? You were crying in your sleep" Bucky watches you closely.

"It was a nightmare" you mumble quietly.

"I was dreaming of the day I got my powers" you whisper, you couldn't say it louder.

To afraid to let it out, for the world to hear. Not even your mother knew of the extent they went to with your body. Nobody would believe you anyways, it's not like you had scars to prove it.

You take a shuddering breath, twitching when Bucky strokes your face gently. He just watches as you try so hard to pull yourself together. He recognised the look, the way you held yourself. It looked like pain and misery, like it was buried so deeply into you that you could never escape it.

He sweeps you into his arms and just holds on tight, he can feel you shaking still. He's surprised when you hold him back, your fingers digging into his waist as you take another shuddering breath.

"You can tell me. I'll listen to everything you say" he says quietly.

"You wouldn't believe me" you bury your head in his chest.

"I would. You know I would. You know who I was, what I did" he feels you nod.

"The things they did to me, to make me what I am. It.. It was awful, painful. They tortured me, for years with..with" you wipe another tear away.

Bucky pulls back and looks at your face, he could see you really thought no one would believe you. But he would, he more than knew what hydra was capable of. When your eyes flick to his he sighs, his thumb rubbing away the tears that slipped out.