❤️ Little Princess 4

The sound of Sarah's voice startles you awake, you roll over and bounce off something hard. A hand squeezes your hip and when your eyes open you remember what happened last night.

"Oh fuck" you try to scramble out the bed but Bucky locks his arm around you.

You can hear Sarah shouting about mom and dad asleep together, the door to the room wide open from her running out. You did not want your daughter to see this, to get her hopes up. You try to push Bucky's arm off but he just pulls you in and starts kissing your neck. You moan quietly when he sucks under your ear, his hand now drifting down your body.

"I dreamed of waking up beside you again" he kisses down your spine, leaving tingles in his wake.

"Sarah saw us" your voice is filled with panic.

Bucky pulls back and rolls you over, his eyes look full of pain as he realises that you're worried about her seeing you together. He nods and swallows hard, he let's you go and pulls the blankets back. You watch as he closes the door and looks for his wet clothes, pulling them on before glancing at you. He scrubs a hand through his hair, he looked like he didn't know what to do with himself.

"Bucky" you try but his eyes make you stop.

"It's okay. I get it. I pushed last night, you kept saying no and I didn't listen" He nods again, heading for the door.

It closes quietly, you sigh and flop back. This is why you never wanted to be around him, it got his and Sarah's hopes up. None of this should have happened, you were weak and foolish. And Bucky was just to hard to resist, your husband was a good man with a good heart. You sigh again, ex-husband, you had to remember that. You get up and head for the shower, looking in the mirror you see small bruises dotting your body. You even had razor burn in places from Bucky's five o'clock shadow. Last night had been amazing, wonderful and as good as you remembered. Bucky attentive and loving, his lips soft and his cock hard. You step into the shower and scrub away the memories, you had more important things to think about now. Like Sarah. How the hell were you gonna explain this to her. She sounded so excited, just another thing to shatter your already broken heart.

You pull on some sweats that you found in the wardrobe and a t-shirt that must have belonged to Peter because it stopped above your midriff, but you had nothing else and yesterday's clothes were scattered and creased on the floor. With another sigh, you head out to do damage control. You find Nat and Steve eating in the kitchen, Steve looks flushed and Nat is grinning at you.

"Good night?" she asks and you snort.

"The best" you say sarcastically.

"Where's Sarah?" you look about and Steve points towards the lounge.

"Bucky is talking to her" he says and you nod.

When you get to the door, you lean against the frame listening to what Bucky tells her. He's holding her hand and she doesn't look happy.

"I don't get it. Mom said she loves you, why can't we all be together?" she asks and your heart cracks.

"It's my fault baby, mom... Mom is sad because of me. I let her down and last night we fell asleep talking about it" he smooths Sarah's hair.

"Then why was mom smiling in her sleep?" she demands and Bucky's mouth opens and closes.

He was trying so hard to not let her down. He looked as sad and miserable as Sarah at knowing they weren't together as a real family. And the things he had asked you last night, rattle through your brain. To start again, to try and date and see who you both were now. It didn't wipe out the past hurts but Bucky had changed, you had seen it. He had turned up at every birthday party, every play and Christmas. He had been making an effort to be a parent, somebody Sarah could rely on, somebody you could tru... Trust. Your eyes widen, it wasn't just Sarah you realise. He had been showing you you could trust him. That he would be there when you needed him. The threat of hydra to his family would always be there, but even on missions he was trusting his team more. Believing that they could do it without him, that he would come when and if you called.