Feel the Heat

"Why are you here Sam?" you sigh and sit back.

"You shouldn't be alone y/n, everybody needs people to support them" he pats your hand.

"Is that right?" you raise a brow.

"Yeah it is, and I know that because I'm telling you it is" he grins when you smirk.

"We can help you with your powers y/n. Better than this place can" he smiles sadly at you.

"How?" you ask.

"You're afraid and I get that. But with time and training you'll get better at them" he replies.

"You're wrong. You are all afraid of me" you hold out your hand and he looks as a purple flame licks over your fingers.

"Y/n, we've been keeping track and your doing fine. You haven't had an incident in six months. You need to come home baby girl" he takes your hand despite the flames, they wouldn't hurt him, not unless you wanted it too.

"Look Sam, I'm happy here. I get left alone and nobody is afraid of me. So..I'm staying" you get up and head for your room.

"And what about your life y/n. You're an Avenger, always will be" he yells after you but you keep walking.

***

"What did she say?" asks Steve.

"She's happy there, people aren't afraid of her" Sam sips his coffee.

"We're not afraid of her here" Bucky scowls.

"She doesn't believe that" Sam says.

"Well she should. We take care of our own" Tony adds in.

"When was the last time anyone other than me went to see her" he pointedly looks at Bucky.

"She asked me to stay away, thats why I didn't go" Bucky looks down.

"She asked all of us to stay away" Tony purses his lips.

"She did, but I go now and again. I never make it past the doors though. They won't let me in" Steve says.

"I didn't realise she was blocking people" Sam mutters

"Did you tell her we want to help?" asks Tony.

"I mean her powers are unstable, she's like a reactor waiting to go off but I have an idea for that" Tony raises his brows at him.

"She hasn't had an incident in six months" Sam argues.

"It doesn't matter, if she doesn't want to come home" Steve sighs.

Bucky huffs and walks off, he had had enough of this crap. Y/n should be home, with her family, with him.

"Where are you going?" Steve yells.

"Out" he shakes his head.

***
There's a tap on the window, you frown and look up. Your brows shoot up when you see Bucky waving at you with a big smile on his face. You snort and shake your head, opening the window and ushering him in.

"What are you doing here?" you sit on your bed.

"I wanted to see you" he sits beside you.

"I told you not to come Bucky" you sigh.

"Screw that. I miss you y/n. We all do" he grabs your hand and squeezes.

"I miss you too, but I'm better off in here. That's why you're here, isn't it?" you ask and he nods.

"You should come home" his hand rubs over your cheek.

"I don't want to end up hurting someone again" you whisper.