❤️ A Hero Can Save Me

"I told you to stay behind me, not go off and play god damn hero y/n" Bucky glares maliciously at you.

"Alright, next time I'll let the hydra agent shoot you then" you yell back and Bucky's eyes soften for a moment.

"Look I appreciate you helping me but I heal. You do not. And the next time you disobey an order..." He leaves the threat hanging in the air.

"Of for god sake. If that shot hit you, you would have died. It was centre mass on your back dumb ass. And don't you threaten me, you are not the leader" You growl and his eyes widen dominantly.

He steps in close, nudging you back into the wall behind you. His glare is sharp and dangerous. You suppress a shudder, but the flash in his eyes means he saw it. His rough cheek slides over yours, his breath hot on your neck.

"When it's just me and you, I am the leader. Get it through your head, I don't need your help" his teeth nip your ear as he pulls back.

"Fine, be a stubborn asshole. Why should I care about your life when you don't" you hiss and move away.

You don't get far, Bucky grabs your wrist and spins you back into him. Your hands on his chest feel his heart pounding, when you look into his eyes, they shine with a look of lust and anger.

"I care about your life. More than you know" It's a whisper, a breath across your face.

You both stare at each other hard, Bucky's breath is harsh enough to move your hair.

"Bucky" You whisper back, but he's already moving away from you.

"Don't you fucking run away. You can't leave me after saying something like that" You grab for him and he lets you, he lets you hold him in place as your eyes search his face.

"What y/n?" he growls, the gruff demeanour back in place.

"Are you two fighting again?" Steve sighs as he walks into the kitchen.

"No" Bucky glares a last time and walks away.

You rub your forehead frustrated at the whole situation. If you hadn't stepped in Bucky would be dead, but he didn't seem to care about that at all.

"You should go get ready, the party is starting soon" Steve pats your arm with a smile.

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'll go do that" You nod and head off, your mind whirling with everything that happened.

"Don't worry about him y/n. I'll talk to him" Steve calls to your back.

He'd probably get his head bitten off as well, but as long as it wasn't you then he could go for it.

                                 ***

"Well don't you look chipper" Tony smiles as he sits beside you.

He looked good in his silver-grey suit, the whole team had dressed for the occasion. Although you hadn't seen Bucky since the altercation in the kitchen.

"Still feeling the mission from earlier is all" You shrug and sip your drink.

"For the record, I think you did the right thing. The Tin Man has been going out of his way to put himself in danger lately" Tony looks around, waving at people who call his name.

"He didn't think so" You grumble, the weight of it was still heavy in your mind.

The gun aimed at Bucky's back, the way you had dived at the agent and knocked the gun away. The shot was aimed wide and missed him. The look on Bucky's face when he realised what happened. There was fear and anger and they were both for you.