Baby 5

"I need to know what's happening" Bucky howls.

"You need to calm down, they'll never let you in like this" Nat steps in front of him.

"What's going on?" he screams at the doors to the medical bay.

"Bucky" Steve tries but he yanks his arm away.

"That's my girl and my baby in there Steve, and no one is telling me anything" he sobs.

"I can't lose them, I can't. That woman is the love of my life and the baby, I love the baby so much already. What if something happens Steve. It'll kill me, I can't... I just can't" he sobs again.

"I want them both to be okay so much. I want the baby and I want my girl" he sinks into a seat heavily.

It feels like hours to him but eventually Bruce come out. His face is pale and he looks worried about Bucky. He pats his arm and sits beside him.

"The baby... Is fine" Bruce says and Bucky sobs loudly in relief.

"They both are" he gives Bucky a smile.

"But I can't let you go in there, if you're gonna scream the place up more. It took a while to get y/n calm and if you go in there like a lunatic, you can knock back all the progress we've made. Do you understand?" Bruce gives him a pointed look.

"No screaming. I just.. Can I see her?" he pleads out.

Bruce nods and gets up, taking his arm and leading him in. He points to you behind a curtain.

"She's been emotional obviously, so you need to stay calm. Keep her peaceful" Bruce advises.

Bucky hurrys over and pulls the curtain back. When you see him, your eyes widen and a small smile appears. He steps closer, his hand going straight for your face.

"Baby?" he says quietly.

"We're okay" you nod and pull his hand from your face, you hold it tightly.

You needed his comfort and warmth. You had been so scared, scared of losing him, scared of losing your baby. But you were okay, your baby had reacted badly to your stress and like Bruce thought, your baby was bigger and stronger than an average fetus. And now you would be on bed rest for a while, so your body could relax and focus on growing your child.

"I'm so sorry, about everything" he breathes out.

Tears fill his eyes, his hand hovers over your stomach and you nod. He sighs when he smooths your stomach, his hand moving all over it.

"I know, it's...well I've forgiven you" his head shoots up.

"You do? But what about the stupid crap I said?" he asks.

"It hurt Bucky, but it came from a place of fear. And I also heard what you said out there" you point towards the hall.

His brow furrows, you had heard his screaming. Worry fills him and he opens his mouth to apologise.

"I heard you say this is your baby" you smile at him.

"I heard you say you want us" he smiles and squeezes your hand.

"I do sweetheart. So much" he leans in and cups you face.

"Bruce" you call over Bucky's shoulder.

He looks at you confused but you just smile and wait for Bruce.

"Hey, you okay?" Bruce looks at you with concern.

"I'm good, I would like to know if I can go back to my room with Bucky and rest there?" you watch Bucky's eyes brighten up.