Lost without You

"Do not even think about kissing me" you huff out as Bucky spins you around.

"I wasn't going to" he huffs back.

"Stop looking at my lips then" you roll your eyes as he grips you harder and pulls you in.

"I'm not looking at your lips y/n. Fuck you're hard work" he squeezes and you groan.

"Not so hard" you push away a bit.

"Will you stop squirming?" he lets go and steps back.

"You were hurting me" you go to walk away but he grabs your wrist.

"Do you want to learn to dance or not?" you sigh and look at him.

Bucky was teaching you some old dances for a mission you would be going on, it was a ball and you were expected to be seen on the dance floor.

"Are you gonna stop squeezing so hard?" you ask and he rolls his eyes.

"Fuck it, Steve can help. I'm out of here" he throws his hands up and walks off.

"Damn it" you huff, standing watching Bucky's retreating back.

You had been surprised when Bucky had agreed with Tony to teach you to dance, you were even more surprised his girlfriend was letting him. She didn't like you very much, you and Bucky had been friends until she showed up and since then everything had been awkward and hard between you.

You drop to the floor and lay on your back as the music keeps playing. You smile when Steve leans over in to your view.

"Hey sweetheart, what you doing down there?" he holds out a hand and helps you up.

"I pissed off Bucky and he left so I thought I would wait for the world to stop and let me off" you mutter and Steve chuckles.

"He'll get over it, he always does" Steve wonders over to the record player and picks a different song.

A woman's voice croons out softly, Steve holds out his hand and you take it. He's a good dancer, smooth and graceful. He smiles and twirls you out and in.

"So how did you piss Bucky off?" he asks and you scrunch up your nose.

"I told him not to kiss me" you say quietly and Steve nods.

"Was he going to kiss you?" you shrug.

"I don't know, he kept looking at my lips and it was weird. And then he kept holding to tight" you squirm in Steve's arms.

"You know your his best friend y/n" Steve tells you with a sigh, you scoff and step back.

"Not anymore. Eva won't let him hang out with me and now I feel awkward and off around him. And you know I can barely keep my mouth closed when something makes me feel weirded out. And he kept looking at me, Steve. I just...I just feel" you sigh and look at your feet.

"You just feel left behind by him?" Steve says.

"Yeah" you sigh again.

"I'm gonna go. Thanks for the dance Cap" you pat his arm and head out.

You head for the kitchen for some water, you lean against the counter and sip from the bottle. In your own world of misery until your shoved out the way, your water hits the floor and when you look Eva is there grinning at you.

"How they let a clutz become an Avenger is beyond me" she giggles and walks away.

"Fucking bitch" you clean up the water, muttering to yourself.

Bucky's girlfriend must be out of her damn mind, you had powers. Dangerous ones, and she was trying to bully you like this was high school.

"Who's a bitch?" you jump at Bucky leaning over the counter to watch you.