❤️ Echoes Of The Past 2

You managed to avoid Bucky for a while. Sam had told you he was looking for you, you told Sam to tell him to fuck off. You weren't interested in what he had to say any more.

"So lunch?" Sam asks.

You hadn't heard a word he had said, your mind to caught up in your pain and misery.

"Sure" you grab your bag and follow him out the door.

"Where are you at?" he points to your head.

"Nowhere, everywhere" you shrug.

"Come on, you can tell me. I might be able to help" he nudges you.

You step into the cafeteria, the smell of greasy burgers, green jello and pickled onions hits you.

"God it still smells so bad in here" you grumble and grab a tray.

"It's the filters" Sam points up.

You find a salad and bottle of water, Sam sits and you both dig in. You stop when Bucky comes in, he gives you a small smile and sits at a different table. You sigh and drop your fork, suddenly not hungry. Sam sees and frowns. Someone calls his name and he tells you he'll be right back.

You sigh again when Janelle saunters over, she's sits down and smiles. She looks like a fucking shark.

"Oh, salad is such a good idea. You look like you need it. And did you put lipstick on today? Well you gave it your best" She grabs a carrot off your plate and walks away again.

You see her sit by Bucky and grab his arm, he smiles and starts to laugh at something she says. Sam comes back and sees your face, your eyes are dark and burning. He sees Bucky over your shoulder and tuts.

"Let's go bay girl. I'll walk you back and then I have an ass to kick" Sam kisses your cheek and leaves you in your office.

Why couldn't you fight back? If it was anybody else, you would have ripped them a new one by now. But Janelle got under your skin. She knew which nerves to attack and it left you looking like an asshole who couldn't defend herself. And you could admit, the things she said hurt. Like little shards of glass shooting in to your heart. She made you feel like shit, like you weren't good enough for anybody, not just bucky.

You had walked away from the love of your life because he didn't believe that his friend was capable of such cruelty. And yet she chipped away at you on a daily basis.

You pull up the transfer forms on your computer and start filling them in. You could even send it off now, but it wouldn't be considered until your time was up.

"Get in there" Sam's voice makes you look up.

Bucky stands and huffs at him. His face is angry and Sam looks like he was gonna rip his head off.

"She doesn't want to talk to me" he glares.

Sam walks over to your desk, mouth open to make you talk until he sees your computer screen.

"Your leaving again?" he asks, shock all over his face.

"Not yet, but yes" you nod and shut the screen off.

"Now if you don't mind, I have work to do" you stand but Bucky blocks you.

"Wait a minute. You just came back, you can't leave me again" he yells.

"I can and I will" you growl at him.

"Sam give us a minute" he barks but Sam nods and leaves.

"Why are you leaving? If it's because of me..." He starts but you hold up your hand angrily.