Little Princess

"I'm sorry Miss y/l/n but she's expelled until further notice" Principal Burns says.

"But the other kid started it. He was calling her father. What would you have her do? Just sit there and take it" you glare at the man in front of you.

"She should have told a teacher" he steeples his fingers.

"She did. The last time and the time before that. But this school and it's teachers are incapable of stopping bullying" you growl out.

"Regardless, she punched a boy in the face. And we operate a no violence policy" the man practically smirks at you.

"You know what. Fine. Let's go Sarah. And you.." you point at the principal.

"I'll be talking to my lawyer and the school board" you stand up.

"I understand and that is entirely up to you. But I'm positive the board will side with me on this" he outright smirks now.

"And I'm positive that Tony Starks lawyers will have something to say about that" you grab your bag and head for the door, the principal's face had turned pale at your words.

"Miss y/l/n. Please, we can discuss this further" he tries but you ignore him.

"Let's go Sarah, we need to go see uncle Tony" you watch as your daughter waves at the principal. 

"Are we really gonna go ask uncle Tony for his lawyers?" Sarah asks you.

"Your damn right we are. I don't like that you punched that kid but he deserved it" you had taught your daughter to never start a fight, but you were fine with her finishing one.

And that boy had been getting on your last nerve, his parents were unreasonable when spoken to, the school was worse, refusing to do anything about him. And the boy himself was considered a massive bully, and his target of late was Sarah.

You slam your car door and pull away, you needed to tell Bucky what had happened. With Sarah being expelled indefinitely, you needed him to help take care of her. Maybe Tony would let her stay at the tower for the time being, she would get a much better education there anyways, compared to that school full of snobs.

"Mom, I'm sorry" Sarah mumbles.

"You don't have to be sorry for defending your dad. He's a good man. Some people are just assholes" Sarah giggles at you swearing.

"You think dad is a good man?" she asks and you nod.

"He was always a good man. The things that happened to him were never his fault, do you understand?" Sarah nods but frowns.

"Then why did you get divorced?" she watches your face.

"I love your dad, with all my heart. But sometimes life gets in the way of that" it wasn't the truth but it was honest.

"You said love. Do you still love him?" she asks quietly.

"Oh look, the compound" you change the subject and pull into a parking spot.

"Grab your bag baby" you tell her and get out the car.

You head into the compound, and straight for the elevator to the avengers floor. You wave at Nat as you pass the kitchen, Sarah runs for the gym to see her dad as you stomp into the lab. Tony smiles until he sees your face.

"Well hello sunshine. What's with the grumpy ass face?" he wipes his hands and steps over to you.

"How would you feel about me using your lawyers?" you aks firmly.

"I have no problem with that, but can I ask why?" he tugs you to the door and back to the kitchen.

"Sarah's school has expelled her for fighting, until further notice. And that damn principal sat there and smirked about it" Tony hands you a coffee.