TRICC'S SHORTCOMING.

Chapter: 4.
******

"Alpha, I think it's time you reconsider your stance regarding Omegas. The pack members are starting to whisper," Rafe said, leaning against a tree. He was dressed in his usual suit, but without his tie, and his white shirt had its first three buttons open. A faint smile tugged at his lips as he watched his Alpha carefully, waiting for any reaction on his face, but the man remained completely poker-faced.

Tricc stood at the edge of the Greenville Pack, his heart heavy with the weight of rejection. The night of their sixteenth birthday had been etched into his memory, the pain of Dirk's rejection searing through his soul. Unable to bear the constant reminder of his broken dreams, he made the difficult decision to distance himself from Omegas, the source of his pain. He had done his best to avoid all forms of contact with Omegas, but now it seemed he had slowly become an Omega hater. He didn't like to smell them from a mile away. The last Omega's pheromones he inhaled were Dirk's, the night of their sixteenth birthday, and after they were found and brought to the Pack Hospital, everything changed.

Dirk's rejection was one of the most horrible experiences of all their lives. Until now, it felt as though they lived in a bubble and walked on eggshells. If they weren't Lycgers, they would have been found unfit to rule over the Pack as Alphas since Dirk not only stole their pheromones but also gave them many health complications with his rejection. And since they hadn't set eyes on the Lion since that night, they were unable to reject him too, or at least accept his rejection to seal their links and end all their suffering.

And by the Goddess, they have suffered enough.

Hoping that one day they would find him and return the favor, all three Lycgers went about living their lives the best way they knew how. It wasn't easy, as both his brothers had moved away from home once they turned twenty-two. However, they all managed to stay alive and in contact with each other. They even had a monthly visitation date they set apart to meet and discuss how life had treated them over the years.

After Tricc took up the leadership of the pack, he became the most feared and respected leader of their generation. His strength and strategic mind earned him the loyalty and admiration of his pack members. However, deep down, he carried a hidden burden, a wound that refused to heal. After the incident with Dirk, he couldn't bring himself to look at another Omega without seeing that Lion's face. Even though Dirk had run away, his scent remained behind, stuck inside Tricc's head like an echo, haunting him every time he smelled an Omega.

And worse, he also noticed that whenever he caught a whiff of an Omega's pheromones, his strength wavered, leaving him feeling vulnerable and exposed. And with no pheromones of his own, he could not fight off Omegas to keep their distance from him. So he believed that avoiding Omegas altogether would shield him from the pain. The members of the Greenville Pack noticed his avoidance of Omegas, and whispers of discontent began to spread. They considered him unfair for his little regard toward the Omegas in their pack, believing that every member deserved his attention and care. But Tricc couldn't bring himself to face the Omegas, fearing the emotional turmoil it would unleash.

As time went on, his avoidance grew more pronounced. He surrounded himself only with Alphas and Betas, relying on their loyalty and strength to uphold his rule. The pack members respected him, but some couldn't help but wonder if there was more to Tricc's aversion to Omegas than met the eye.

Deep down, he knew he needed to confront his fears and find a way to heal from the wounds of rejection. He couldn't continue to deny a part of himself and ignore the needs of his pack. With a heavy heart, he decided to seek guidance from the wise elder of the pack.

**********

In a secluded clearing, under the watchful eyes of the moon, Tricc approached the wise old wolf, Elder Matthias. The elder's silver fur shimmered in the moonlight, his wise eyes filled with understanding.