MATE'S CALL.

Chapter: 7.
*******

"Hello, brothers!" Seth mind-linked and waited for their response. It had been years since they last did this. Their Lycgers were awake now, and the world would slowly begin to make sense. However, their pheromones hadn't returned. Regardless, as long as they could finally connect with their Lycgers, everything should be fine.

"Seth," came Kurt's calm voice, followed immediately by the tired Tricc.

"Hello, brothers," Tricc greeted as well.

"If we're all linking with each other again, it can only mean one thing..." Seth began. Tricc snorted but remained silent. "We all heard our Mate's call, and our sleeping Lycgers have awakened," he stated, pausing to wait for their response. But it seemed as though none was forthcoming. "Well?" he asked, a little annoyed.

Tricc cleared his throat and spoke, "Well, nothing."

Nodding, Kurt added, "What, he suddenly calls after eighteen years, and we're supposed to run into his arms like lost pups?!" He scoffed. "I'm sorry, brothers, but I'm not at all thrilled by his call," he admitted, his tone bitter.

"I agree with Kurt..." Tricc started but trailed off.

"Oh, come on, brothers!" Seth cried indignantly. "For the past eighteen years, our Lycgers have slept... we haven't heard from them, and even worse, we've lost our pheromones. But just this once, he called and our Lycgers are awake again. Don't you think the restoration of our pheromones, as well as our strength and abilities, could be in his hands?!" He asked rhetorically. Silence met his question. "Brothers?" Seth prompted after a moment's consideration. "Didn't you guys hear me? We need this. We could get our pheromones back, and our strength and abilities could all be restored. We've been nothing without them these past years!"

"I say we've managed just fine without them. What difference does it make now?" Kurt questioned bitterly.

"You're being unreasonable," Seth tried to reason. "We've barely been alive this entire time... Tricc could hardly stand the sight of an omega in eighteen years, and to think Dirk wasn't even an omega, to begin with, yet his life has been greatly affected by it in the way he perceives omegas. And what about you, Kurt? You've become a renowned playboy, sleeping with anything that moves, all in an attempt to fill a void that could never be filled by another. You have two sons, and nothing has changed!" Seth spat out, feeling the sting of anger towards his brother.

"Oh, that's rich coming from the one brother who moved on and found himself a human lover. If anyone has had it easy this entire time, it's you, Seth!" Kurt shot back in a low, venomous voice. "You think we haven't seen how smoothly you both go together, like some great power couple?!" Kurt was losing his sanity bit by bit, and he could feel Seth doing the same from how rough his breathing got. "Truly, I wonder if you still have room to love another with how much you love that human!"

"I agree, Kurt. I can't stand omegas. I haven't even had sex with another in my entire life. Whether it be pheromones from an omega or betas, I get repulsed all the same. The difference between omegas and betas is that betas only release pheromones when they're mated and with their partners, but omegas release them with every emotion they experience. But you, Kurt, you easily sleep around with anyone, no matter who they are, and you even have sons!" He paused and chuckled bitterly. "...and as for you, Seth, coming here to talk about Dirk's sudden call out of the blue... you're currently living with a human boy whom you've loved for many years now..." His eyes stung with repressed tears. "I would say if anyone has had it easy this entire time, it would be the both of you! The one who has suffered the most from all this is me!" His last words ended with a deep growl.