DIRK'S HEAT.

Chapter: 76
*******

Dirk awoke to an empty bed, the room enveloped in a chill carried by the evening breeze that delicately brushed against his skin. Fatigue weighed heavily on his muscles as he pushed himself up, bracing his frame with an elbow to glance behind him. The drawn curtains allowed the insistent wind to invade the room. Feeling too weary to rise and secure the billowing fabric, he sensed the encroaching cold. The lateness of the hour hinted that Tricc may have departed to attend to Pack affairs. With effort, Dirk maneuvered into an upright position before navigating toward the windows. His steps faltered, vision momentarily clouded, prompting a pause to rub his eyes in a futile bid to restore clarity.

At the window, he tugged at the curtains. As he endeavored to fasten them shut, a sudden sharp pang seized his lower abdomen, forcing him to collapse to his knees, the intensity of the pain reverberating through his body. Clutching his midsection, his hands grazed the searing ache, offering no respite. The once-cool breeze metamorphosed into a stifling heat, inducing beads of perspiration to form along his brow and neck. Gasping for air, Dirk retreated to the bed, where Tricc's shirt lay beside him. Grasping the fabric, he brought it to his face, drawing in the familiar scent of his mate in a bid to stave off a cry of anguish.

Perplexed by the unfolding discomfort, a question lingered in his mind: What was happening? His heat was not anticipated for another few days, and his other mates would have returned by then. Yet, this sensation—this was not the expected course of events for him at this moment.

A sudden intrusion shattered his thoughts: "(That's what you get for running into his arms and disobeying me!)" Caleb's voice resonated through their mental connection, momentarily disorienting Dirk.

"(I apologize, Luna, but I could not bear to remain apart from him or any of them for a moment longer,)" he implored, his body ablaze with throbbing agony.

"(You are in Heat because you're near him at a time close to your cycle; it's accelerating your Heat. You're not like an Omega, so you must take care not to harm yourself,)" Caleb spoke with a gentle understanding of Dirk's predicament, acknowledging the challenges of separating mates from one another. The magnetic pull between mates could indeed be overwhelming at times.

"(I will send Tricc to you, and you must summon the strength to endure his Rut... You may not have noticed, but only your Heat can trigger their Rut,)" Caleb declared. Dirk considered this revelation, recollecting that the Lycgers had only experienced their Rut in tandem with his Heat. If that was the case, did his first Heat also induce their Rut? And if so, how had they managed to maintain composure and distance until the cycle passed?

"(To prevent harm to you, they secluded themselves, weathering the storm of Rut in solitude on the Island,)" Caleb responded as if anticipating Dirk's unspoken question. "(While my boys may have erred in the past, upon rediscovering you, their lives transformed. Since then, their sole focus has been your welfare and safety, despite your attempts to push them away,)" Caleb continued, pausing as Dirk audibly inhaled, tears streaming down his face.

"(Both Seth and Kurt have made regrettable decisions, and Tricc, had your rejection not shattered his tolerance for any scent of pheromones, he too might have made missteps. Consider the turmoil he endured as a Pack Leader amidst a diverse array of Shifters, yet unable to withstand Pheromones,)" Caleb paused, taking a deep breath. "(As for you, I acknowledge your past missteps, one of which may result in lasting consequences, but that is all in the past. To progress, we must proceed cautiously. This is why I advised you to maintain distance until your Heat arrives. Due to your proximity to Tricc, your Heat has manifested earlier than anticipated... You are not yet fully healed from before. Please, reach out to me if you feel unwell. Remember the doctor's warnings.)"

And at that moment, the connection dissolved, leaving Dirk once more ensnared in the fiery embrace of his heat, his pheromones saturating the bedroom air. Restlessness stirred within him as Bane, his Lion, yearned for release, eager to pursue his mates. Dirk grappled to restrain his primal urges, a battle waged to preserve his sanity amidst the fervor.

******

"[Squishy,]" Seth's voice cascaded through his mind, prompting a guttural moan to escape Dirk's lips, his toes curling into the sheets, eyes brimming with tears. "[Your insatiable needs torment me to the brink of madness, I feel adrift in my own desires,]" Dirk groaned, hands clenching the sheets, his eyes squeezed shut. Seth's voice enveloped him like a long-awaited oasis in a desert of longing.

"[Sweet Prince,]" Kurt's voice intermingled with Seth's in a seamless harmony, their words indistinguishable as their combined effect intensified. Dirk's body responded involuntarily, his arousal evident as he strained against the confines of the shorts Tricc had clothed him in. "[We are on our way,]" Kurt assured him.

The bedroom door burst open as Tricc loomed in the threshold, his imposing figure nearly unclothed, breath ragged as if he had traversed vast distances to reach him.

Locking eyes with the Lycger, Dirk emitted another desperate moan, extending a trembling hand towards him, beckoning him closer. Tricc discarded the last vestige of clothing, descending upon Dirk's quivering form with an almost ethereal swiftness. Sunlit locks cascaded like molten gold over a river's surface, his eyes mirroring the same hue, a manifestation of his lion's presence and the intensity of their shared desires.

Tricc grappled with an internal conflict, torn between unrestrained passion and the fear of causing harm to their mate. Despite the fervor raging inside him, he exercised restraint, wary of any impulsive actions that might bring further hurt to their mate.

Their senses were inundated with the familiar scent of their mate's lubricant, a heady blend of sweet honey and cinnamon seeping from between Dirk's thighs. All three Lycgers emitted primal growls, igniting a symphony of possessive urges within them. Dirk cried out, contorting against the sheets, Seth and Kurt's possessive growls were so strong as if both were present in the room, and it made his legs tremble.

"[We can't get to you at this rate,]" Kurt's voice reverberated through their mental link.

"[I am losing control,]" Tricc confessed, grappling with the primal impulse to claim their mate's enticing form. "[He is too intoxicating; I can't stand it any longer,]"

"[We will manage,]" Seth reassured his brother. "[Be gentle; remember, he senses all three of us, not just you,]"

Tricc acquiesced with a nod, his gaze locking with their mate's anguished expression. Dirk appeared on the verge of speaking, yet rendered speechless by the overwhelming sensations, his trembling intensifying to a point of concern for Tricc.

"(I know it is not my place to intrude but please, my sons, bear down on the pressure... The impact differs when he perceives your physical presence versus your emotional one. The pressure grows and mounts, so bear down a bit on the pressure.)" Caleb interjected swiftly through their link before fading away as swiftly as he appeared.

"[Our Birth Omega is correct,]" Tricc relayed to his brothers. "[He trembles uncontrollably, and I think he is starting to cum in his shorts, and I haven't even laid a finger on him yet.]"

Kurt bellowed in response, detecting the scent of their mate's release. "[Damn it!]"

"[I am struggling to contain myself, brothers; I am teetering on the brink of madness!]" Seth roared in frustration, his claws gouging into the earth as he sat with his back against a tree.

"[Open your connections to me, my mates,]" Dirk murmured breathlessly, prompting the Lycgers to roar in unison. Tricc leaned in, capturing Dirk's lips in a fervent kiss that elicited a loud moan from Dirk, who clutched the sheets as waves of pleasure surged through him. Sensing the amalgamated intensity of all three kisses through Tricc's, Dirk's head swam, his heartbeat accelerating as a shiver coursed through his being, causing him to dissolve into the sheets, weightless and euphoric, a blissful moan escaping his lips.