LIKE THE MOON.

Chapter: 40
********

The moon hung high in the sky, casting an ethereal glow over the majestic mansion before them. The triplets stood shoulder to shoulder, their powers crackling with raw energy, poised to create a seal that would shield Dirk from harm. Meeting each other's gaze, an unspoken understanding passed between them. The time had come to unleash their combined strength. As power surged through their arms and into their hands, a fleeting hesitation gripped them. Would this be enough? They had never attempted such a spell before. Nevertheless, it had to be done.

Stepping forward, Seth's eyes glowed with a vibrant golden hue. He raised his hands, and streams of shimmering gold energy flowed from his fingertips. The energy danced and twirled, weaving intricate patterns in the air. It swirled and grew, gradually forming a solid barrier that enveloped the mansion.

Beside him, Tricc's eyes ignited with a fiery red light, his hair mirroring the same hue. He clenched his fists, and flames erupted from his palms, swirling and dancing with an intensity that matched his passion. The flames twisted and turned, intertwining with Seth's golden energy, creating a fusion of power that crackled with an ethereal intensity.

Kurt's eyes shimmered with a cool blue light, his voice resonating with a melodic tone. He raised his hands, and a gust of wind swept through the air. Leaves and petals swirled around him, carried by his power. The wind intertwined with the flames and golden energy, resulting in a mesmerizing display of colors and elements.

As the triplets channeled their powers, the air around them hummed with energy. The mansion became engulfed in a vortex of blue, red, and gold. The colors danced and swirled, their brilliance illuminating the night sky. It was a sight that left onlookers breathless if only they could see it.

Nearly twenty bodyguards patrolled the perimeter, oblivious to the invisible presence of the triplets. Their footsteps echoed on the ground, and their whispers permeated the night air. Yet, the brothers remained hidden, their cloaking spells shielding them from detection.

With remarkable skill, their hands moved in perfect unison, shaping a protective shield that enveloped the entire estate. If one of them faltered, all would be lost. The only common thread among the brothers was their unwavering love for Dirk. Regardless of what unfolded that night, regardless of the number of adversaries they faced, they would ensure Dirk's safety and well-being. It was a sentiment they hadn't felt in years.

The triplets experienced an unparalleled connection, surpassing anything they had ever known. A bond formed among them as they beheld Dirk's face, radiant in the night like the moon itself. Dirk's well-being was vital to their own. His life held profound significance. He was their mate, and nothing could alter that. Dirk would forever remain of utmost importance to them, even beyond death. Everything else could go to hell. They were a united front, a force to be reckoned with. No one and nothing would harm Dirk or tear him away from them again. In unison, the triplets took a deep breath and released it, their actions synchronized.

As each moment passed, the seal grew stronger, its power radiating throughout the area. Unbeknownst to them, the bodyguards brushed against an invisible barrier, experiencing an unsettling shiver down their spines. A sense of unease washed over them as if something extraordinary was unfolding, yet they couldn't pinpoint the cause.

Unaware of the magical phenomenon transpiring before their eyes, the guards pressed on. Eventually, however, they came to an abrupt halt, frozen in time like statues. Their bodies trembled, and they began murmuring amongst themselves, desperately trying to comprehend the enigma unfolding around them.

Only one guard understood the truth, but even he remained trapped in his seat, unable to move or rise. Though he couldn't see the ones responsible for the Strength of Seal encircling the estate, he keenly felt the power of the Seal coursing through his skin like a swarm of hummingbirds. There was no escape from its grip. Every muscle in his body was immobilized every atom of his being was bound to obey their commands. He would not dare defy them, not now, not ever. Their influence extended even beyond death.

Just how powerful were these Lycgers? He had heard tales, but witnessing their strength firsthand was an entirely different matter. Tonight, there was no doubt in his mind that the Lycgers had returned to assert their claim over what rightfully belonged to them.

Bogo's heart swelled with pride, his wolf howling in agreement from within.

The Boss would be protected.

Finally, as the triplets poured their last ounce of strength into the seal, a brilliant explosion of light burst forth from the mansion. The colors of their powers intensified, reaching a crescendo of brilliance that engulfed the entire estate in a captivating glow. The shockwave rippled through the surroundings, causing the bodyguards to stumble and shield their eyes.

As the light subsided, the triplets stood in silence, their breaths heavy with exhaustion. They surveyed their handiwork—the seal shimmering with ethereal energy. It was a masterpiece, a testament to their combined powers, and a reflection of their love and possessiveness.

The mansion now stood cocooned in impenetrable protection, impervious to any external force. The bodyguards, now fully aware of the extraordinary event that had unfolded, exchanged bewildered glances. They could sense a shift in the atmosphere, a newfound energy resonating through their very beings.

The triplets exchanged a knowing smile, their bond stronger than ever. They had accomplished their mission, forging a seal that would safeguard Dirk from harm. But their journey was far from over. As they turned to depart, anticipation surged through their veins. The battle to break free from Malta's clutches and reclaim their mate awaited them, and they were prepared to confront it head-on.

************

"What did you just say?" The voice thundered across the room, causing the Werewolves stationed by the door to tremble in fear. "Have all of you suddenly lost your voices?!" The voice charged again, carrying a gust of wind that sent one of the Betas soaring upward, crashing into the ceiling and shattering the enormous chandelier. The Beta then plummeted back down, crashing into the massive wooden table, the impact so forceful that the table snapped in two. The Beta lay lifeless amidst the wreckage.

All the werewolves turned their gaze to the source of the voice, their eyes widened with terror. The Rogue King donned in a white and black suit, stood with pride, towering above his Betas, his imposing figure casting a daunting shadow. None dared to directly question him. A single misstep could result in their necks being snapped and their fates sealed.

Malta could hardly believe the news they had delivered.

How utterly useless were his Betas?!

As the silence hung heavy in the air, Malta's eyes darted from one trembling Beta to another. His disappointment transformed into a simmering rage, fueling the fire within him. The room seemed to shrink, suffocating under the weight of his fury.

"You dare call yourselves my loyal Betas?!" Malta's voice seethed with venom, each word slicing through the room like a blade. "I entrusted you with the task of protecting him, and yet you allowed those intruders to breach my defenses?!"

The remaining Betas cowered, their heads bowed in shame. They could feel the weight of their failure bearing down on them, their unworthiness exposed before their king. The room was filled with an oppressive stillness, broken only by the sound of their shallow breaths.

Malta's eyes blazed with an intensity that could ignite the very air around him. His voice lowered, but his words carried an unmistakable threat. "You know the punishment for incompetence, don't you?"

Fear rippled through the ranks of the Betas as they exchanged nervous glances. They knew all too well the consequences of disappointing their king. It was a fate they desperately wished to avoid.

Useless... all of them!