SAVE THE PRIDE.

Chapter: 35
********

As Dirk entered the office, his body weakened and ravaged, he was greeted by the blinding brightness of the projector screen. Despite the pain that coursed through him, he steeled himself, determined to fulfill his duties as Don. With every step he took, his body trembled, but his spirit burned with resoluteness.

Taking his seat in the executive chair, Dirk's presence commanded the room and the twenty-four faces that appeared on the screen. Each member, isolated in their respective homes, could feel the intensity emanating from their Don, even through digital barriers.

Dirk's voice, though strained, carried a weight that left no room for doubt. "Gentlemen and ladies, we gather here today to address the growing unrest within our Family. I am aware of the rumors that circulate, and the attempts to undermine my authority. But let me be clear: I am not blind to your actions... neither are my ears closed to the bells of betrayal that chime in the air."

Silence hung in the air, the sound of heavy breathing and shifting unease filling the void. The members of the family, once confident in their treachery, now trembled before Dirk's unremitting strength.

His eyes narrowed, and Dirk's voice grew more commanding, his pain serving as an undercurrent to his words. "I have dedicated my life to this Family. I have shed blood, sweat, and tears to protect and lead you. And yet, some of you have chosen betrayal. You have forgotten the loyalty and respect that should define us."

The faces on the screen paled, guilt etched on their features, as Dirk's voice pierced their souls. There was no escape from the power that radiated from him, even in the virtual realm. Each member felt the weight of their actions and the consequences of their disloyalty.

Dirk's voice held an edge of disappointment, his eyes burning with a mix of purpose and pain. "Know this: I will not falter. I will not let the seeds of treachery take root within our Family. Those who continue down this path will face the full force of my wrath."

A collective shudder ran through the members, their resolve crumbling in the face of Dirk's words. They had underestimated the strength that lay within their Don, the depths of his power and resilience.

With a final gaze that pierced through the screen, Dirk abruptly stood up, his body trembling with the effort to remain standing. The pain threatened to consume him, but he refused to show weakness. "The meeting is concluded. Reflect on your choices. This Family will be purged of those who betray my trust."

Without waiting for a response, Dirk ended the conference call, his image disappearing from the screens and leaving the members in a state of stunned silence. The weight of his presence lingered, an unspoken reminder of the consequences that awaited those who dared to challenge him.

As Dirk stumbled out of the office, his body battered and his spirit weary, he collapsed onto his bed. The pain, both physical and emotional, surged through him, threatening to break him. But in that moment, he found solace in the knowledge that his strength had shaken even the most steadfast among his Family. With that thought, he closed his eyes, allowing the darkness to engulf him, and prayed for the strength to overcome the trials that lay ahead.

**************

But instead of finding respite in sleep, Dirk was plagued by a series of vivid and haunting nightmares. In his dreams, he was trapped in a maze of darkness, pursued relentlessly by shadows that whispered his deepest fears and insecurities. He fought to escape, but the walls of his subconscious closed in around him, suffocating him with their weight.

As Dirk's eyelids fluttered open, his body was consumed by an overwhelming heat that seemed to radiate from his very core. The room was shrouded in a thick, heavy fog of his own pheromones, suffocating him with their intensity. Each labored breath he took was filled with the scent of pain and despair, a tangible reminder of his body's torment. The intensity was overwhelming, even for Dr. Naam and Bogo, who stood at his bedside. Dr. Naam quickly covered her nose and mouth with a facemask, trying to filter the air as best she could.