PHEROMONE CALL.

Chapter: 37
********

Seth knew that any information they had about Dirk should be shared with their Birth Omega, who in turn relays their development to Dare, who had become a dear friend to him over the years, long before they were even born. Dare deserved to know what was happening with his son, as they were all genuinely concerned about his whereabouts. Therefore, the triplets decided that any new developments would be shared with Dare, allowing him to ease his worried mind. However, they wouldn't force anything unless Dirk was willing and ready to come home himself. Until then...

"Elder Matthias," Tricc's voice reached their ears, prompting everyone to fall silent, eager not to miss a word of the conversation between the Elder and Tricc.

"Ah, young Alpha, you have returned, but this time you appear different..." The wise Elder observed Tricc's transformation as he resumed his human form. "What brings you here at this late hour?"

"My brothers and I believe our Mate is in danger. Please enlighten us about the current situation," Tricc requested, taking a seat and facing the Elder, whose face grew more wrinkled—a clear sign of his concern.

"Young Alpha, I'm afraid your mate's condition extends beyond mere danger. It seems that his life is at stake," the Elder revealed, his tone grave.

All three men gasped, a deep sense of worry settling in their hearts. Their Lycgers began to pace restlessly inside them, a clear sign of their own distress.

"But what is the true nature of this situation, wise one?" Tricc asked, his voice filled with concern. The Elder remained silent for a brief moment before meeting Tricc's worried gaze.

"Imprint," Elder Matthias revealed.

The brothers froze, their Lycgers freezing along with them.

"Impossible," Seth whispered. "We have not claimed him yet. Our bond with him has not been sealed. How can there be an imprint?"

Since the Link was open to the Elder, Matthias heard Seth's concern and let out a deep sigh. "It appears to be true. But it was not done by the three of you. Your mate has been imprinted upon by a Rogue Alpha king, one whose obsession with your chosen has gone beyond what is visible to the physical eye..." Elder Matthias explained, his tone tinged with sorrow, and the shock from their Lycgers was palpable. "On the night of his first Heat, he fell into the hands of this Alpha, and as a Pride whose weakness lies within the overpowering force of dominant pheromones, Dirk unknowingly became imprinted. And tonight, the Alpha has found his way to Dirk's home, showering him with more pheromones... It is this distress that you are all feeling at this moment." Elder Matthias concluded.

"So this Rogue is after our mate?" Seth asked, disbelief evident in his voice. The Elder nodded. "What does this mean for Dirk?"

"Your mate is vulnerable to him, and it's only a matter of time before Malta completely claims him. Should this happen, Dirk will no longer have any memory of you three and will become the chosen mate of the Rogue King," Matthias warned, his words filled with dread.

"It will be over our dead bodies before we let anyone lay claim to what is rightfully ours!" Kurt snarled, his anger echoing through the Link.

"What can we do to break this spell?" Tricc demanded, desperation lacing his voice.

"You cannot overwhelm him with all your pheromones at once. One of you must go to his home and expose him to as little of your pheromones as possible. Remember, it doesn't matter if all three of you are present before Dirk or not—he will sense all of you even with the presence of just one, and the pheromones of one become the pheromones of all three. Therefore, only a small amount of pheromone is needed to revive his health. But once this is done, you must act swiftly to win his heart and bond with him, weakening Malta's hold over him," the Elder explained. "Additionally, you must try to prevent him from leaving his house. Create a seal around his home to prevent the intruder from entering. And ensure that he only conducts necessary business within the walls of the building, with one of you accompanying him whenever he needs to leave the house."

The others exchanged worried glances while Creiff waited patiently. "He doesn't want to see us. The last time I stood before him, he ran away, again!" Seth seethed with frustration.

"Do you blame him?" Elder Matthias scolded, and Seth muttered a silent 'no,' guilt clouding his eyes. "It was your fault he lost his healing abilities... and as someone whose weakness is dominant pheromones, he views you three as threats to his life. He acted foolishly then, as did all of you, but the times have changed now... he needs you, and you all need him. For this reason, he will welcome you," Elder Matthias concluded.

"And what if he rejects us? What if he doesn't accept us?" Seth asked, his worry evident.

"You don't need his acceptance, just his trust. When he learns to trust you, then he can begin to love you. And once your love is accepted, your bond will be sealed," Elder Matthias replied, his voice filled with wisdom. The triplets nodded, understanding the truth in his words.

"Now, who among you is closest to him?" Elder Matthias inquired.

Kurt, who had been tending to Qiemont's casino in the heart of the city, spoke up. "I am."

"Then go quickly, and control the pheromones as best as you can for him, my young Alpha. You know how much your mate despises the smell... Once you have entered his bedroom, cloak yourself and remain invisible until he has recovered enough. Then you can leave. But make sure the three of you build a strong seal around his house to protect him from further unwanted visits from Malta. And be warned, until you have succeeded in bonding with your Mate, do not kill Malta, or else your mate will die. The imprint spell is far too powerful," Elder Matthias instructed, his voice filled with authority. "May the Goddess bless you all as you complete your task." And just like that, the Elder was gone.

As soon as Elder Matthias left the Link and Tricc began his journey home, Creiff addressed the Lycgers. "I know things look bad, but you must not act recklessly. Keep your focus on what matters, and in this case, that is Dirk... Follow the instructions as they have been given, and you three shall overcome this Malta... I will ask your Birth Omega to investigate the weakness behind Malta so that you will have leverage against him when the time comes."

"Alright, we'll be careful," Seth promised. They bid their farewells to Creiff, who left the Link shortly after, leaving the three brothers to decide their next course of action. "Kurt, leave the Link open as you go in. We will help you seal the perimeter of Dirk's home. Follow the lingering scent of his pheromones. They may be faint, but they are still present. Don't forget to cloak yourself, so you are not seen going in or out. And tomorrow, you shall visit him. Let us hope, beyond all hopes, that he welcomes you with open arms," Seth spoke with determination, his two younger brothers nodding in agreement.

"Let's reclaim our mate, brothers!" Tricc exclaimed from his office, a determined smile on his face as he heard Kurt giving directions to his driver, changing course for Dirk's home.

Even in the midst of his struggle with a high fever, Dirk's Lion managed to send a pheromone call to his Lycgers, urging them to help.

And they would.

The Lycgers were their help, their strength, and together, they would overcome this challenge.