CRY LIMP.

Chapter: 58
******

In the heart of Fairpride, beneath the soft glow of crystal chandeliers, lies a bedroom suited for royalty. Velvet silk drapes cascade from towering windows, framing a captivating view of moonlit gardens. Its furnishings, made of ivory wood, exude elegance. The thick, plush carpeting absorbs sound, enveloping the room in tranquility. The air carries the scent of exotic orchids and aged leather. A grand four-poster bed, draped in rich velvet curtains and adorned with intricate gold leaf detailing, dominates the room, its plush bedding promising unparalleled comfort.

Atop this magnificent bed lies a slumbering figure, nestled amidst pillows, blankets, and silken sheets, as smooth as a whisper, cocooning the sleeping man. His chiseled features and peaceful countenance speak of innocence in sleep. Clad in a loose-fitting cream linen robe that covers but does not conceal his physique, his bare chest rises and falls rhythmically. Long grey hair cascades freely about his shoulders, framing his youthful face and fair complexion. He looks like an angel, or some other celestial being, one who has fallen from heaven and onto earth to rest awhile amongst mortals. His slightly parted lips reveal a hint of youthful innocence, while his long lashes brush his cheeks, concealing his eyes as if by magic.

The sound of gentle knocking breaks the silence, and an elderly man dressed in black attire appears in the doorway. Upon seeing his son asleep on the bed, a smile graces his weathered face. "I see that my prodigal son has returned," he remarks, entering the room and closing the door behind him. He walks over to the bed, placing a tender hand on his son's cheek, whispering affectionately, "My dear boy," as he brushes aside the strands of silver hair.

The sleeping man starts to stir, his long lashes fluttering like hummingbird wings. Gradually, he opens his beautiful golden eyes, sparkling in the dim light like shards of gold held together by diamonds.

Eyes that have seen far too many hardships and tragedies, yet still manage to retain their innocence, despite the world's cruelty. As if a light shone out from inside them, shining brighter than ever. His breathing slows to match the rhythm of a calm river. The corners of his mouth stretch upwards, displaying the same childish joy that he always seemed to carry when he was young. Eyes full of kindness and hope, as though the world is a perfect place. His face is a mirror of his father's, except with more character and beauty. In fact, the only thing difference between father and son is his skin tone, which is a shade lighter than the old man's.

Turning towards his father, he whispers reverently, "Hello, Father," the words hanging in the air like sunbeams dancing through leaves on a summer day, bright and clear, shimmering in the sunlight.

Leon's face lit up with a grin, his eyes shimmering with unshed tears as he gazed lovingly at his son. He had missed him dearly, yearning for the day he would return home. Dirk appeared pale from his recovery, having spent three days at home, sleeping and relying on Luna Caleb's healing spells each night. Both Leon and his mate, Dare, had feared for their son's life, but Caleb's assurances had eased their worries, and Dirk had indeed made a full recovery.

"I have missed you so much, my son," the old man's voice conveyed a mix of sorrow and love as he leaned in to embrace Dirk.

Returning the gesture, Dirk hugged his father tightly, a smile on his face and tears glistening in his eyes. "It's good to be home... and I have missed you too, father, truly." With a final squeeze, Dirk pulled back, his gaze shifting away as he murmured, "Forgive me," his eyes lowering to the blanket beneath him. "I should never have left. I am sorry, Father." Overwhelmed with guilt and shame for being absent for eighteen years, he felt a wave of self-reproach. Regret filled him for missing out on the best parts of his life and being away from his family. "I'm so sorry," he broke down, shedding tears like he hadn't in years.