WHEN THE SUN COMES OUT.

Chapter: 73
******

Young Talon stood amid the ancient standing rocks, his small palm gliding smoothly along the stone edges. The moon, in the early stages of its full glow, cast its light upon the four stones surrounding the boy. The moonlight danced upon the peaks of the rocks, cascading down each one like a white veil being draped over them until they all shimmered in white brilliance before Talon's amazed gaze. His mouth agape, he observed the rocks' transformation under the moon's gentle radiance.

His hand, which had paused against the rock, began to tremble slightly before resuming its movement. Talon traced his hand up and down the glowing rocks, touching each one in succession. After encircling the stones and touching them all, he returned to the center, sitting cross-legged with his eyes lifted to the beautiful moon, its light bathing him in recognition. The stars twinkled brightly above, and the tranquil forest whispered gentle breezes against his skin. Despite his mother's disapproval of him wandering alone, especially at night, Talon found solace in the night's beauty, revealing the world's splendor and the forest's wonders when all creatures, save for the nightcrawlers, slumbered.

Growing weary, Talon realized he should return to the cave before his absence troubled his mother. She fretted excessively, a trait that puzzled him. Anxious for the day when he could protect his mother, alleviating her fears, Talon rose to his feet. Dusting sand off his shorts with a smile, he traced a path around the rocks once more, his hand lightly grazing each one as he passed.

Just as he reached the final stone, a flickering light akin to sparks began to dance across the stones. Startled, the boy swiftly withdrew his hand from the stone, stumbling a few feet back in astonishment. He watched in awe as the sparks erupted from all the stones, a mesmerizing sight that would have captivated him had fear not gripped his heart. As he attempted to flee, the lightning-like energy left the stones and surged towards him. A jolt of electricity pierced through his core, causing him to collapse to the ground, convulsing violently as if struck by a powerful current. His teeth clenched, his eyes rolling back in his head, he trembled uncontrollably, his fingers clawing into the earth. He feared for his life, but the shocking ordeal eventually subsided, leaving him breathless and weeping on the ground.

The wind stilled, the stones lost their radiance, the moon concealed behind clouds, and the once serene forest cloaked in an unsettling darkness, devoid of any sound—a silence so profound it struck fear deep into his being.

Struggling to his feet, Talon stood unsteadily, gazing at the now dimmed stones, their former glory extinguished, now appearing as mere ordinary rocks amid the forest. Turning towards the path leading back to his cave, he took a tentative step, only to freeze as his eyes locked onto a pair of glowing white and blue orbs. A menacing growl pierced the air, followed by the rustling of bushes as the creature drew near.

Realizing the reason behind his mother's constant worry, the boy cried and darted in the opposite direction, the creature hot on his heels. His desperate screams for help echoed through the night. Unable to discern the nature of the pursuing animal, he knew it harbored no friendly intent. Should he falter, it would devour him, leaving nothing but his small bones behind. Tears streamed down his face, his hands futilely attempting to clear his vision as he ran, the tears refusing to cease.

Feeling the animal's breath near his feet, he knew it had caught up to him. The boy halted his escape and pivoted to confront the pursuing creature head-on, resigned to whatever fate awaited him. Heart pounding courageously in his chest, tears streaming down his cheeks, he wiped them away with a swift motion of both hands, clearing his vision to face the beast.