WHITE LYCAN KING.

Chapter: 52
******

Alpha Lysandra of the Silver Peak Pack raised her voice, her words tinged with desperation as she recounted a scarcity of food that threatened to starve her pack. "Our hunters return empty-handed, Alpha Tricc," she pleaded. "How can we ensure the survival of our kin through this harsh winter?" She turned pleading eyes toward Tricc, her features lined with pain as she awaited his response.

Tricc's eyes gleamed with resolve as he met Lysandra's gaze, his wisdom a beacon of hope in the darkness. "Adversity reveals the true strength of a pack," he intoned. "Look to the land for sustenance, share resources with those in need, and together, you shall weather the storm that threatens to consume you." His eyes shone brightly, the fire of his wisdom burning with conviction.

Lysandra stared at Tricc for a moment before turning and joining in the murmurs of agreement. Her people believed in Tricc, as did most members of the council.

Alpha Serenata of the Whispering Pines Pack shared a tale of betrayal within their ranks, a whisper of treachery that threatened to tear her pack asunder. "We are fractured, Alpha Tricc," she confessed, her voice tinged with sorrow. "How can we mend the bonds that have been broken and restore trust among our kin?"

Tricc's eyes gleamed with understanding as he offered his counsel, his words a beacon of hope in the darkness of deceit. "Trust is a fragile gift, easily shattered but not beyond repair," he reassured. "Open your hearts to forgiveness, nurture the seeds of reconciliation, and from the ashes of betrayal, you shall forge bonds stronger than steel."

As the night unfolded, Alphas from packs around the world laid their complaints and worries before Tricc. Each tale was woven with threads of struggle and resilience, each plea was met with guidance steeped in wisdom and compassion. However, amidst the discussions, Tricc began to sense a growing unease settling over him. His Lycgers were becoming restless, and it was increasingly challenging to keep them calm and under control. It seemed they were eager to emerge, but for what purpose, Tricc couldn't discern.

Repressing the unsettling feelings creeping inside him, Tricc turned his attention to the next speaker, aware that his focus was beginning to waver. He knew that any display of detachment could be misconstrued as disrespect by the Alphas, and he valued the respect and trust of his people too greatly to risk it. Tricc cleared his throat, trying to suppress the sudden lump that had formed in his throat, but his efforts proved futile.

Alpha Thalos of the Crimson Sky Pack stepped forward, a hint of uncertainty shadowing his normally stoic demeanor as he spoke of a prophecy foretelling doom for his pack. "The shadows of fate loom large over us, Alpha Tricc," he intoned. "How can we defy destiny and carve a new path for our pack?"

Tricc felt his breath catch in his chest, his heart pounding heavily. Nervously, his eyes darted between the Alphas as he struggled to push aside the growing discomfort. The words he uttered sounded hollow even to his own ears. "Destiny is not set in stone, but a tapestry waiting to be rewoven," he proclaimed. "Embrace the challenges ahead, unite your pack in purpose, and together, you shall shape your own fate in defiance of what has been foretold."

Uncomfortable memories flooded Tricc's mind, like the night Kurt had pushed their boundaries, when he decided to kiss Dirk and even went further to do more, causing Tricc to feel a loss of control. It was a night that had left him feeling on the edge of madness, especially as someone who had never even shared a kiss with another. The impact of such actions seemed to affect him more profoundly than he had ever anticipated.

Memories of what transpired that night flooded Tricc's mind, and regret began to settle in.

**********