DIRK'S JEALOUSY.

Chapter: 11
*******

Vincent sat solemnly at the edge of the cell, his gaze fixed upon the floor. Despite his tall stature, he appeared diminished as he huddled in the corner. Once, his white suit and striped shirt would have been considered pristine, complementing his dark brown hair. However, now they were marred by bloodstains, rendering him almost ghastly in appearance. A trickle of blood ran down his forehead, staining one side of his face. His green eyes, striking against his pale features, briefly met Dirk's before darting back to the wall, a feeble attempt to appear indifferent. Dirk observed him in silence, his frown deepening as he assessed the man's wretched state.

Without a word, Dirk entered the cell, startling Vincent, who trembled at his sudden presence. Vincent instinctively moved away, as if hoping to dissolve into the walls behind him. Dirk's frown persisted, but he remained silent, taking a moment to study Vincent's desperate countenance. Their eyes briefly connected before Vincent hastily averted his gaze, feigning nonchalance by fixating on the wall. Dirk released a slow breath through his nostrils before addressing him.

"Well, shall we proceed?" Dirk turned to Bogo, who handed him a tablet. After a swift swipe of the screen, Dirk cleared his throat and began addressing their new prisoner. "Vincent De La Mare. Born in Sheppel, orphaned at the age of twelve due to a tragic car accident. You resided in an orphanage until the age of eighteen when you fled, subsequently immersing yourself in the underground business. Eventually, you relocated to Sturvil, where you became the trusted confidant of my adversary, Angel, or the Angel of Death, as he preferred to be known. And now, here you are, in my dungeon, battered and bloodied. It appears quite fitting, doesn't it?" Dirk glanced down at Vincent, who remained fixated on the floor, seemingly detached from his surroundings. Dirk sighed before continuing.

"Vincent, I require your cooperation once again. This time, I need specific details. Provide me with the location of Angel... He has orchestrated attacks on my warehouses, resulting in the deaths of two of my loyal men. He has left me with far too many 'gifts,' and it would be impolite not to reciprocate at this point, wouldn't you agree, Vincent?" Dirk's voice resonated with restrained frustration as he advanced toward the man, who instinctively flinched.

Vincent attempted to retreat but found himself cornered against the wall. Dirk seized him by the waist, lifting him off the ground. "You see, Pretty Bird, I do not appreciate being ignored when I speak to someone. If I were in your position, I would choose my next course of action wisely," Dirk asserted, shaking Vincent slightly, causing him to emit a fearful squeal. "Is that clear?" he demanded.

Suddenly, the sound of a gunshot pierced the air, jolting everyone within the compound into action. Guns were drawn, vests secured tightly, and triggers gripped firmly as they prepared for the unexpected. After what felt like an eternity, another shot resounded, prompting Dirk to issue rapid commands to his men.

"Take him underground and keep a vigilant eye on him!"

"Yes, Boss!" Two of his men hoisted Vincent from the floor and forcefully dragged him out of the cell, maneuvering down the dimly lit corridor and through a door leading to the subterranean depths.

**********

Dirk signaled for Bogo and Bane to maintain proximity as they assumed their positions and ventured into the darkness of the night. The air was soon pierced by the rapid discharge of pistols, bullets ricocheting off the stone walls and penetrating every available surface. Amidst the gunfire, an unexpected chorus of howls emerged, catching Dirk off guard. It became apparent that he wasn't dealing with another betrayal from one of his vampire business partners; rather, werewolves were the adversaries he faced.

It had been years since Dirk encountered werewolves, ever since he ran away from home. But tonight, something felt amiss. How significant must Vincent be to prompt Angel to dispatch a pack of wolves for his rescue? As they reached the clearing of the compound, an eerie silence enveloped the scene, suggesting that his men had gained control of the situation. They dispersed to secure the perimeter, while Dirk joined Bogo at the forefront of the group, their footsteps resounding in the stillness. They walked in silence until they found themselves standing in the center of the dimly lit clearing. The moon cast its bright glow, revealing Bogo's stoic expression as he stared ahead.

"Boss?" Bogo's voice quivered, betraying both terror and physical unease.

"What is it, Bogo?" Dirk inquired, his tone softened.

Bogo hesitated before finally speaking, his voice trembling. "Over there!" He pointed toward the entrance of the compound.

Dirk's gaze followed Bogo's quivering finger, landing upon what initially appeared to be an immense white brick wall that had replaced the gates. But upon closer examination, Dirk stumbled backward, nearly losing his balance. The figure before him was undoubtedly one of the Lycgers he had rejected and fled from; Seth Riverbay, the more reactive of the triplets.

So Seth is Angel.

But who was Vincent to Seth, to warrant his personal intervention? The rumors circulating about Angel in recent months had painted a picture of a formidable Don in the underground business. He commanded many and even managed to capture Don Costantino's younger brother, forcing the Don to surrender to his demands. Yet Angel held Costantino's brother hostage, challenging the Don to prove himself before his brother would be released. How could a man of such stature find himself standing at Dirk's gates, accompanied by a pack of werewolves, in an attempt to rescue someone who was neither a werewolf nor a vampire?

Dirk couldn't determine if this revelation lessened his rage, but one thing was certain: he desired to wrap his hands around Vincent's neck and not release his grip until the pulse ceased. He yearned for Vincent's demise, a surge of jealousy burning bitterly within him as these thoughts consumed his mind. Immobilized by disbelief, Dirk stood silently, observing Seth standing motionless like a statue. Seth didn't resemble a werewolf at all; instead, he appeared... human. Yet Dirk sensed an unmistakable aura, revealing that Seth was no ordinary human even though he held no pheromones. The anguished growls of Seth's Lycgers reverberated in Dirk's ears, causing his legs to tremble, almost giving way beneath him. He could feel his Lion stir within him, provoked by the presence of Seth's Lycgers.

"Are you alright, Boss?!" Bogo asked, regaining his composure.

"Evacuate the building, leave Vincent. Go!" Dirk commanded, but Bogo found the order peculiar and hesitated, turning his attention to the imposing figure before them.

"Who are you?!" Bogo yelled into the distance, but the figure remained still, unresponsive, not even blinking. "I said, who are y-"

"I said, get out!" Dirk shouted, cutting Bogo's words short. "Get everyone and run, evacuate immediately!" Desperation laced his voice, a state of urgency he never believed himself capable of displaying. This was the first time his subordinates had witnessed their boss in such distress, but in that moment, Dirk cared little about how he appeared to them.

Bogo nodded and swiftly issued orders to anyone within earshot. As Bogo cleared the compound, Seth linked with his pack members, and one by one, they began to retreat from the scene, leaving only Dirk and Seth who showed no signs of backing down.

"Dirk!" Seth called, his voice tinged with a hiss as he heard his brothers' voices through their shared link.

("Dirk?!") Both brothers inquired simultaneously.