SETH'S AWAKENING.

Chapter: 5.
******

"Rise and shine, pretty boy," said a familiar voice from the doorway. The soft thumping of his feet around the room made the sleeping man's ears twitch to attention. "You've got an early start today, remember?" A small black cat meowed in agreement as she walked into view. The petite figure bent down to pick up the cat. "That's right, Miss Coco," he kissed the cat's head before standing up himself. "Wake Daddy up," he whispered and gently placed the cat on the bed. The cat yawned, stretched, and then walked over to her favorite place to curl up. She curled herself around Seth's neck for comfort, stretched again, and then went still.

Seth opened his eyes and smiled, as both the cat and his boyfriend had once again succeeded in disrupting his late morning sleep, as he liked to call it. Gently removing the cat from his neck, he placed her on his lap and sat up with his back against the headboard of the large four-poster bed. His toned skin was lightly glistening with perspiration from just waking up. His messy, matted hair was disheveled from the night's sleep. His hazel eyes held a sweet glow of love. His nose slightly wrinkled when he smiled at Andrew.

This caused Andrew to blush slightly before taking Seth's hand and pulling him up to kiss him tenderly. "Morning," he said softly as they broke away from their embrace.

"Hey," Seth greeted him with a sleepy smile. "How long have you been awake?"

Andrew shrugged lightly. "Long enough to get breakfast ready."

It was barely eight o'clock. The sun hadn't even peeked through the window yet, though Seth wasn't complaining because Andrew's beauty always made the sunrise even better. This time was no exception. "Come here," he took Andrew's hand and led them toward the balcony, while the other giggled warmly. Seth let go of Andrew's hand to push open the doors, and once they were both standing by the railing, Seth turned Andrew toward the horizon. Hugging him from behind, he leaned forward and rested his chin on Andrew's shoulder. Laughing now, Andrew let his elbows rest on the railing, his head resting on Seth's shoulder. The sunrise bathed their faces in a cool golden glow. With a slight hum of contentment, Seth closed his eyes and enjoyed the moment while it lasted. The breeze brushed gently across their bodies, causing them both to shiver lightly from its touch. "Mmm... it feels nice to wake up this way."

Andrew smiled. "Yeah, I'm glad too," turning in his arms so he was facing Seth, he cupped his boyfriend's face in his hands. He tilted his head slightly and kissed him softly. Seth melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Andrew's waist.

They stayed like that for a few moments until Seth eventually pulled away with a sigh, "Thank you, truly."

The smile never leaving his face, Andrew gave him another kiss before letting him go. "No problem, babe," he muttered, then began to walk back into the room, leaving Seth with the sunrise. "I heard Vincent needs to speak with you. He said it was urgent."

"I'll be right down!" Seth called after the departing man. Sighing, he leaned against the railing with his elbow and shut his eyes. Bitter memories flooded his mind as the sunrise slowly faded into darkness.

**********

Once they had recovered from Dirk's rejection and the pack doctor had revealed the difficulties they were about to face, Seth knew it was time to leave the PackLands. Unable to bear another day in that place, he packed his bags and relinquished his role as Alpha to his best Beta. Although they were only twenty-two years old, it was evident that he couldn't contribute any further, providing him with no reason to stay. However, he felt the need to bid farewell to his parents, siblings, and friends before departing. Once the goodbyes were said, he set off and never returned.

Stepping into the open world, Seth was determined to forge his path. With his keen sense of intuition and resourcefulness, qualities that would serve him well in this dangerous realm, he felt prepared for what lay ahead.

As he journeyed through various towns and cities, Seth stumbled upon a hidden underworld, a realm of darkness and power that fascinated him. Drawn to the allure of the unknown, he immersed himself in the underground businesses, learning their tricks of the trade and gaining the trust of those who held the keys to this clandestine world.

It didn't take long for Seth's natural charisma and sharp intelligence to catch the attention of the powerful figures who ruled the underground. Recognizing his potential, they took him under their wing, guiding him through the murky waters of illegal activities. With his strategic mind and unwavering determination, he quickly proved himself to be a formidable force, earning both respect and fear.

As the years went by, Seth's influence grew, and he became known as the Lord of the Underground. He dabbled in all sorts of illicit businesses, ranging from weapons smuggling to money laundering, loan sharking, and even illegal contracts. In return, Seth reaped great rewards, including a substantial amount of cash and invaluable knowledge on maximizing his transactions. He became a master manipulator, effortlessly blending into a world of deceit, though occasionally standing out amongst the masses.

These instances were what drew him in and made him one of the most powerful and respected figures in the realm of organized crime. Known as "Angel" or the "Angel of Death," he possessed the ability to control and manipulate his enemies, earning the reverence of even those he repeatedly betrayed. His ease in taking lives set him apart, but his true power lay in his uncanny ability to see through masks, discerning the true intentions of those he trusted and turning them against each other.

However, recently, a certain Kingmaker has been getting on his nerves. To make matters worse, neither Seth nor his family knew the identity or appearance of this individual. Nevertheless, Seth devised means to send his message across, and so far, his methods have been successful.

**********

His fingers traced the silver railing as he watched the sun ascend higher into the clear, blue sky. As dawn took hold, the streets of Cotati resonated with the sounds of traffic, car horns blaring, and frustrated voices echoing through the air. The rising sun cast a brilliant glow upon the buildings, painting the city in a soft, pale orange hue.

Andrew glanced at his boyfriend and a tender smile graced his face. Seth appeared captivated by the scenery, his eyes fixed on the unfolding spectacle.

"Seth?" Andrew's voice broke the silence, drawing Seth's attention back to him. This time, Andrew held a phone in his hand.

"You have a call," he said gently, planting a soft kiss on Seth's forehead before stepping away.

Seth nodded, accepting the cell phone. After Andrew left, Seth pressed the accept button. "Go ahead," he said calmly.

A deep, gruff voice crackled through the line. "Where is my brother?!"

Seth could almost sense the scowl forming on the kingpin's brow. "Patience usually pays off," Seth retorted playfully, leaning against the railings while continuing to gaze at the sunrise.

A chuckle came from the other end. "My patience wears thin," the kingpin growled in a low, threatening tone. "Answer my question if you know what's good for you."

Seth snickered. "Your threats hold no weight, Don Costantino," he spoke, his tone growing more menacing with each word. "We've been closely monitoring your actions, and we've already accepted our losses. Your attempts to control my territory will be futile. If you want to see your brother alive, call off your men from my turf, and I'll deliver him to you like a precious gift." Seth smirked, relishing in the furious roar that erupted from Don's throat.

"That's not going to happen!"

"Well then, I guess this is goodbye," Seth ended the call, his smirk unwavering. As he turned back into his bedroom, another call came in, and this time, a smile split across his face. But as soon as he pressed the accept button, a shift in the air unsettled him, causing the phone to slip from his grasp. The Lycan and Tiger within him stirred, growling in unison.

Mate.

A shiver coursed down his spine like a bolt of lightning as he heard the word. A spark of recognition ignited in his mind.