SHAMEFUL.

Chapter: 32
********

Bogo burst into Naam's office unannounced, his face contorted with concern and anger. "Nancy!" He called her by name, causing the weary doctor to look up from her computer screen. Her glasses seemed to be slipping down her nose. "It's now the fourth day that the Boss has been in a deep sleep, and I'm growing increasingly worried. Not only myself, but the entire family is starting to express concern. Moreover, his enemies are questioning his competence as the Don." Bogo's voice dropped to a low whisper, audible only to Naam. However, she was already on her feet, silently making her way towards the door. She nodded to the guards positioned on either side, who stepped aside to grant her passage.

"Look, I'm worried too, Bogo, and I must admit, Dirk's case is the only one that has kept me on the edge of my seat for this long. He appears to be well, but for some reason, he won't wake up... I can hardly call his present state a coma, as he seems to be sound asleep. Regrettably, his body temperature hasn't shown any improvement since the last time I checked, which means his fever hasn't subsided..." The woman stopped suddenly, realizing her voice had begun to rise and break with every word she spoke.

Nervously, she ran her fingers through her hair in an attempt to keep it in place, but to no avail. Shaking her head, she continued, "I don't know what to do at this point, but I hope he wakes up once his fever subsides. The problem now is that I can't say for sure when it will happen."

Bogo fought back tears. It was their duty to safeguard their leader, ensuring his well-being. But right now, they couldn't even bring him back to consciousness. It felt as though he had been swallowed by a vast abyss, and they could only stand by, helplessly witnessing his descent without offering assistance.

Naam's voice broke through Bogo's thoughts, grounding him in the present. "I believe I have a potential solution," she announced. "You could assign a team to search for Dirk's mates. Alternatively, considering you are the sole individual aware of the Boss's situation, you could undertake this mission yourself, ensuring discretion. If you locate his mates, even one of them may possess the ability to awaken him from his slumber through the release of their pheromones... I suspect a dominant pheromone would be particularly beneficial."

"Are you confident in this approach? Now that I fully understand the situation, it somehow makes sense why the Boss has consistently reacted adversely to the pheromones of other Alphas, especially those of dominant nature. It always seemed as though they were challenging him, and even if they engaged in business together, the Boss never hesitated to eliminate them. However, if you are certain that his mates' pheromones will aid his recovery, then I suppose I must undertake the task of finding them." Bogo reluctantly conceded. He could no longer bear the weight of this distressing situation.

They reached the door to Dirk's room, and Naam knocked softly before gently pushing it open. As they entered, both the doctor and bodyguard involuntarily gasped when they found Dirk not only awake but standing by the window, gazing below as if captivated by the view. He didn't even notice their entrance. The sunlight made the young man glow, almost ethereal, and he looked absolutely radiant enhanced by his flowing grey hair. Flushness colored his neck, and his breaths came in heavy, labored waves.

"Boss?" Bogo whispered cautiously, taking a step forward. He attempted to grasp Dirk's hand, but the man pulled away. The Doctor and Bodyguard exchanged confused looks, uncertain of how to respond. After a tense silence, Dirk finally turned around to address them. A hint of gold shimmered in the depths of his green eyes, nearly causing both Bogo and Naam to gasp in surprise.

"How long was I asleep?" Dirk's voice carried an icy edge, its sharpness piercing the air. Bogo involuntarily took a step back, feeling an unexpected chill radiating from the room's very foundation. He did not want to be the one to break the news to the Boss.

However, Naam remained resolute. "You were asleep for four days," she informed him, noting the furrowed brow that crossed his face. "It appears that your Heat cycle is over, but you must be aware that this will occur regularly every month. It would be wise to mark the date of your first Heat, allowing you to clear your schedule and perhaps choose a private vacation destination where you can be alone until it concludes." She paused briefly before continuing. "This is a delicate time, La Sala, and caution is advised. Bogo discovered you in a compromising state four days ago, and it is highly likely that someone took advantage of your vulnerable condition."

Dirk sharply inhaled as Naam mentioned the incident, his brows knitting in a mixture of pain and shame. His balance on his walking cane shifted, and he mustered extra strength to stabilize his weak leg. Since waking up, he had noticed a decline in his strength, as if it had been sapped away during his slumber. He could only attribute it to his Heat cycle. After four days of sleep, some fatigue was to be expected, right?

He turned back to gaze out the window, unmoving and unresponsive to Naam's words. The Doctor struggled to discern the emotions hidden behind those green eyes. Dirk didn't need to express his pain; the tears forming in his eyes spoke volumes. He vividly remembered that night in the restroom. Initially, he had hoped it was a dream, but deep down, he knew it was all too real. He had shamelessly surrendered himself to another Alpha, uttering words of disgrace and weakness.

He had failed to exhibit the pride expected of him and had instead behaved like a vulnerable Omega. Tears streamed down his cheeks as he closed his eyes, fervently praying to never cross paths with that Alpha again. That night had to remain a solitary encounter. Not only did the Alpha now possess his secrets, but Dirk's body had responded to the pheromones, leaving him susceptible to further manipulation. If that Alpha were to approach him again and expose him to more of those intoxicating scents, Dirk knew he would submit, and the consequences would be dire.

To make matters worse, he had fallen asleep after releasing his pent-up lust, unable to recall anything that occurred afterwards.

Shameful.

"Boss?" Bogo called out gently once more, refraining from approaching. "I need to take you home. I will arrange a video conference tomorrow so that you can address your partners. They have been spreading all sorts of unfounded rumors, and it is crucial for you to set the record straight, Boss." His voice softened considerably, speaking quietly and slowly to avoid upsetting his superior any further. No response came, not even a glare or a snarl. Just silence. Bogo anxiously glanced at Naam, who simply shrugged helplessly. They patiently awaited the Boss's next words, which eventually came.

"Did you obtain the information about the man from Sayrell?" Dirk asked, still gazing out the window.

"Yes, Boss. I have sent his details to you," Bogo replied. "However, I must inform you that this man is quite enigmatic. We found very little about him, aside from the fact that he recently relocated to Sayrell three months ago. Somehow, he has managed to ingratiate himself with the city's elite, earning their respect and becoming a spokesperson for new businesses and investment opportunities. He boasts a substantial following, predominantly comprising women. On the surface, his life appears ordinary for an Alpha." Bogo summarized his findings.

"And his name?" Dirk inquired.

"Malta," Bogo answered. "Malta Huxley."