OMEGAS.

Chapter: 72
******

The room was saturated with pheromones, not just peaceful ones but those that carried a threat to anyone who inhaled them. The message in those pheromones was clear: "Approach our Mate and face death." However, the Omegas standing at the door were unaware of this. Upon pushing the door open, they hurried inside, only to be immediately driven back by the overwhelming scent of the pheromones, which filled the room like an overused spray. The door closed behind them as they hastily retreated, breathing heavily with their backs against the door.

One of them held her head, trying to suppress a violent headache as she struggled to catch her breath. "We are so foolish!" Layla muttered, pressing both fists against the wall for support. She felt lightheaded at the thought and pressure was mounting in her temples. She wanted to rid her mouth of the bitter taste of the pheromones. "How could we forget what has been happening in that room for the past few days," she added under her breath, turning towards her companion.

"We truly acted recklessly by barging in without consideration," Noira replied. She was still panting heavily, fighting the urge to vomit.

Layla lowered herself to the marble floor, closing her eyes. "You should have anticipated the outcome, Ira; you are the more intelligent one between the two of us, whereas I am the impulsive one," Layla murmured before taking a deep breath to compose herself.

Noira chuckled softly, sitting down beside Layla on the floor. She gently rested her hand on Layla's shoulder, offering comfort before responding, "You're not foolish, you simply speak so much that you forget to think first," Noira chuckled softly.

Layla groaned slightly, scanning the hallway as she heard footsteps approaching from the stairs. "Someone is coming," she muttered, opening her eyes and pulling her knees up to her chest. She took another deep breath before straightening her posture and smoothing out her clothes, as did Noira.

A few moments later, Caleb appeared in the hallway. Noira and Layla breathed a sigh of relief upon seeing their Luna, who carried a large tray with a meal for the sleeping Dirk. Caleb smiled warmly at them as he placed the tray on a table beside the door. "Are you both alright?" he inquired, reaching out to place his hands on their foreheads. "You look pale," he observed, his voice filled with concern.

"We entered the room unprepared and now we feel unwell from inhaling the pheromones inside," Layla explained with a weak smile, attempting to wipe away the sweat forming on her brow and neck. Feeling a bit dizzy from standing up too quickly, she leaned on Noira for support.

Caleb shook his head, a smile of amusement on his face. "I knew you would act so impulsively," he remarked, affectionately ruffling Noira's hair. "That's why I brought this with me." He gestured towards the tray and retrieved seeds from the moonflower, handing three seeds to each of them. "Eat," he instructed, watching as they tossed the seeds into their mouths and started chewing.

They hummed as they chewed the seeds, then swallowed. Caleb nodded in satisfaction before addressing the duo. "This will help balance your immune systems so you won't be as affected by the pheromones, but you must avoid this room after today. Only interact with Dirk when he's outside the room; the Alpha's pheromones will always surround him since he's been marked, though they won't be as potent outside this room. It has become their sacred mating chamber, and you must respect that," Caleb cautioned, ensuring his voice remained steady and gentle.

"Thank you, Luna," they both murmured, with Layla picking up the tray and Noira pushing the door open once more. This time, neither of them attempted to enter the room until Caleb assured them it was safe to do so.