TRICC'S FIRST KISS.

Chapter: 59
******

The living room was imbued with a tranquil ambiance as father and son returned from their run. Layla gracefully set the table for a late breakfast, Dirk scarcely recognized the beautiful young woman before him. She had blossomed into a striking beauty, her long black hair elegantly tied in a ponytail, complemented by matching earrings and vibrant red lips. Her mischievous dark eyes sparkled as she moved around the small dining table, the flutter of her long skirt around her slim legs eliciting a smile from the older man. She was only five the last time he saw her, a stark reminder of how swiftly time had passed. A soft chuckle escaped him as he heard her voice rise above the classical melody playing in the background, her high-pitched notes slightly out of sync with the song's rhythm, yet she sang with unabashed joy.

Leon smiled and placed a reassuring hand on Dirk's shoulder. "She has missed you dearly and couldn't wait for you to awaken," his father expressed warmly, gently nudging Dirk with his arm. "Go greet your sister."

Dirk felt a prickling sensation in his eyes, he shook his head, attempting to dispel the tears that threatened to fall. "I have missed her as well, father," he managed to say with a quavering voice.

Leon nodded in understanding before responding, "I know, my son."

As Dirk and his father observed Layla's animated performance with smiles gracing their faces, Dirk felt compelled to approach her. Yet, Layla suddenly paused, seemingly aware of their presence behind her. Omegas are precious, and it was a regret that he had missed witnessing her growth. He would have cherished and shielded her with his life. The untold stories she held, the battles she had faced—these thoughts lingered briefly before he cleared his throat. Reflecting on the past would alter nothing; his focus should be on ensuring that the present was a cherished and unforgettable time for him and his family.

Layla turned her head towards them, beaming upon seeing her brother. She jumped up and rushed to hug him, laughter filling the room as Dirk circled his hand around his sister's waist, playfully twirling her around as if she were still five. Her infectious laughter enveloped him, and soon they were both laughing uncontrollably. When he gently set her down, he couldn't help but smile at the blush that adorned her cheeks. She was overjoyed to have her brother back, her excitement palpable.

"I've missed you, Pumpkin," he whispered, using the affectionate nickname he had given her.

Layla beamed once more, tears glistening in her eyes. She quickly turned away and fled from the room. "Lay—" Dirk began to call out, but his father held him back, his grip firm yet reassuring. Dirk cast worried eyes toward his father.

"She's an Omega, give her a moment, trust me," Leon murmured, prompting Dirk to wipe at his own eyes before nodding in acknowledgment of his father's words.

"Hello, my boys!" Dare's voice called out as he came out from the kitchen, setting down a dish before enveloping both men in a warm hug. "How was the run?" he inquired, glancing at his mate.

Leon stood tall, a proud grin on his face, his chest puffed out. "I beat him, just as I said I would... He's no match for his father!" he boasted to his mate, eliciting a chuckle from Dirk at the range of expressions crossing his Birth Omega's face. "I'm telling you, Honey!" Leon continued.

"We're quite certain he let you win," chimed in the voices of the triplets, drawing their attention towards the door. The Lycgers stood there, exuding a commanding aura that filled the room with their presence, causing Dirk to involuntarily gulp and take a step back. As always, when faced with the three Alphas, he shuddered uncontrollably. Each of them had their own way of instilling fear and submission in him, and he couldn't deny how deeply they affected him, a fact that never failed to unsettle him.