MISSING.

Chapter: 79
*******

"Good morning, Lycgers!" greeted the workers within the Manor as Seth and Kurt entered the grand space. They acknowledged the greetings swiftly, their thoughts fixed on their brother's bedroom where the night before, both he and Dirk had engaged in their lust and love. Whereas, they had endured a torturous night, howling and groaning in the woods, feeling like abandoned pups. As they ascended the stairs, Seth halted suddenly and turned to an Omega cleaning the steps.

"Is our Birth Omega still in the manor?"

The Omega shook her head before responding, "No, once the Alpha went in with the Luna, he departed. However, he mentioned he would return to check on Luna this morning."

Seth offered a slight smile, maintaining a stoic expression. "Thank you, Lola."

Filled with eagerness, they continued to the Alpha's bedchamber. Without knocking, they pushed the doors open and entered. Their smiles vanished when they realized the bed only held their brother, not their mate.

Was he in the bathroom?

They both pondered this and hurried to the bathroom to see if Dirk had awakened first to freshen up. Finding the bathroom empty, they searched the rest of the room and even the Balcony, calling out in unison.

"Tricc!"

Startled, Tricc awoke, stumbled out of bed, and fell to the floor. Frowning, he charged at his brothers. "What the hell! Are you trying to get me killed?" he exclaimed. Grumbling, he pulled himself up, his naked form exposed, and headed towards the walk-in closet. However, Seth's question halted him, and he turned back with a puzzled expression.

"What?" Tricc asked, once more, searching for Dirk. His gaze shifted to the empty bed, his frown deepening. As he headed towards the bathroom.

Seth intervened. "He's not in there," he added, noticing Tricc's frustration. "We've checked everywhere."

"But he fell asleep in my arms!" Tricc retorted, his tone laced with anger.

"He's not here," Kurt stated firmly, pacing around the room in agitation.

Concerned, Seth inquired about Kurt's restlessness, prompting Kurt to express his unease. "Something doesn't feel right." Sensing their shared anxiety, they exchanged troubled looks, brows furrowed and lips curled in frustration.

"Damn it!" Tricc cursed, his anger evident as he stormed out of the room unclothed.

"You're naked!" Seth called after him, quickly grabbing a pair of pants from the closet to hand to Tricc, who left the room hastily.

Both Seth and Kurt followed, locating Tricc in the kitchen after a flushed Omega pointed in that direction. The workers averted their eyes, embarrassed at witnessing their Alpha in such a state.

In the kitchen, Tricc's agitated pheromones filled the air as Seth passed him the pants. Tricc donned them swiftly, then turned to his brothers, tears shimmering in his eyes. Without words, it was clear that he blamed himself for not noticing Dirk slip away from his embrace. Silently, Seth and Kurt accompanied Tricc as he left the manor.

"(Rafe, instruct the men to search the Pack lands and surrounding territories for your Luna, please.)" Rafe acknowledged the command, relaying the orders promptly.

The Lycgers dispersed, initiating a search. They approached Dviel, but Dare and Leon confirmed they hadn't seen Dirk. Despite this, they spread the word about his search on the grounds.

"(Sisi, I heard you're having a sleepover with the girls, did you happen to steal our mate?)" Seth inquired of their sister.

Noira, just awake, furrowed her brow. They had invited Dirk to join their gathering, but he declined, citing fatigue. They were certain if he hadn't refused, or maybe changed his mind and decided to join them, he should have safely arrived given the proximity of the greenhouse to the Pack's surveillance. "(No, brother, he's not here... I just checked!)" she responded sadly, her gaze drifting towards the windows, veiled in green and fog.