FIX MALTA.

Chapter: 64
*******

Bogo staggered into the heart of RiverBay Pack, his movements unsteady as the dark magic of the vampire coursed through his veins. Every step he took was excruciating, but his determination to protect Dirk spurred him forward. Once he was released by Malta's men, he knew he was in no shape to drive. With much difficulty, he shifted and ran. The air he inhaled felt like toxic acid in his lungs. He could feel the heat coming off his face, his vision blurred, and the sounds of the city faded away. Nothing existed anymore except for the pain and darkness.

Each movement threatened to tear him apart from within, but he forced himself forward regardless. For now, his priority was to find the triplets and ensure Dirk's safety. If he died here, that wouldn't do at all. As a guardian, he had duties—to protect Dirk with his very life.

Bogo's muscles tensed as he fought against the powerful spell that threatened to consume his will. With every step he took towards the heart of RiverBay Pack, the pain in his chest intensified until it seemed there wasn't enough oxygen in the air to keep him alive. He gritted his teeth in frustration, his body swaying back and forth uncontrollably. He couldn't sense the Triplets, and he knew that they must have raised a protective barrier around themselves to protect their mate. Bogo needed to find an alternative that would draw the triplets to him.

The street lamps above cast shadows across the empty street, while the trees made the night a scene of absolute beauty. If this were another circumstance, he would have stopped to admire the beauty of RiverBay Pack. However, tonight was no night for such trivialities.

Despite the compelling urge to lead Dirk into Floridia's trap, Bogo's conscience fought back against the malevolent enchantment. Instinctively veering off course, he sought out Rafe, Tricc's trusted Beta, understanding that the key to thwarting Floridia's plan resided with the triplets. To reach the triplets, he needed to find Rafe. Bogo halted abruptly, taking a moment to sniff the air around him.

"Help me, please," he whispered into the still night. "Guide me to Rafe," he implored with a silent plea. A distant noise caught his attention, prompting him to change direction swiftly towards the sound. Before long, he detected the scent of the Beta patrolling the grounds with other Betas. "Thank you," Bogo whispered once more before stumbling into the clearing.

"Rafe," Bogo's voice strained, yet resolute.

The Betas swiftly encircled him, poised for action, but Rafe intervened, signaling his men to stand down. "Hold," he ordered, then approached, dropping to his knees before Bogo, who lay breathless on the ground. "Do I know you?" Rafe inquired, locking gazes with the Beta.

"I am Bogo, the protector of Dirk-"

"Tristan?" Rafe interjected, astonishment evident as he rose to his feet quickly. "Why are you here? What has happened to you?" Concern overshadowed his initial reaction, softening his features.

Surprised by Rafe's recognition of his wolf, Bogo shook his head, focusing on the urgent task. "Summon the triplets," he gasped, his voice strained. "Bring them here immediately." Rafe hesitated, prompting Bogo to struggle to rise, battling against a wave of dizziness. "Now!" he insisted with all his remaining strength. Catching Rafe's eye, he witnessed the Beta's hesitation. Eventually, however, Rafe nodded and vanished into the darkness with two of his men.

The wait felt like an eternity as Bogo anxiously awaited Rafe's return. It seemed he might not survive until the Lycgers arrived. Time blurred, barely registering when the triplets emerged from the forest. Their arrival brought an ancient magical aura that filled the air. Bogo felt a wave of relief as he observed the triplets emerging together, each wearing a concerned expression.