YEARNING FOR THEM.

Chapter: 43
********

Bogo didn't obey; he followed after him. Dr. Naam, who could now breathe again once Dirk had left, rushed over to the balcony to see which way the Boss was headed and to be ready to order the guards to follow suit.

All else faded away. His thoughts were consumed with the three men that had taken up residence deep within his heart. The three brothers that he hadn't seen in years, but whose absence was causing him physical pain, even now.

The exit doors burst open and Brotton and Terezi rushed into the living room. Each held a worried look on their faces, they tried to stop the Boss by asking where he was headed and if he needed the cars ready, but Dirk ignored them and walked past, leaving the bodyguards no choice but to follow closely behind.

Dirk stumbled out the doors, his bare feet padding against the cool floor. The sun's rays stung his skin, and he instinctively shielded his face with one hand as he made his way toward the compound gate. Bogo, sensing the urgency in Dirk's actions, followed closely behind, his protective instincts on high alert.

This had to be the longest he had seen the Boss walk without the support of his walking cane. Although the man was struggling and was nearly falling countless times, Bogo could not understand where or why he kept on.

It's almost like he forgot he had a bad leg.

The distance from the gate to the mansion seemed like an eternity, but Dirk pressed on, his heart driving him forward. The bodyguards stationed at various parts of the villa called out to him, their voices filled with concern, but Dirk remained deaf to their calls. He walked with unyielding determination as if he were a man possessed.

How long did he even intend to go? And more, where did he want to begin his search for them? It was clear that all rational thoughts evaded him at that moment.

He needed them.

Yearned for them.

Just one, one of them would do for now. One Lycger and his soul will be soothed.

My Lycgers.

Finally, he reached the gate and punched a button, causing it to swing open with a resounding creak. As if summoned by his deepest desires, a car drove through the gate and came to a halt right in front of Dirk. The passenger door opened, and Dirk's breath caught in his throat as he saw who emerged from the vehicle.

Kurt.

He was dressed in a navy blue shirt and black pants that hugged his muscular frame. His dark hair was pushed back off his face, revealing his tan skin and handsome features. He looked glorious, and the sight of him knocked the living daylight out of Dirk.

Dirk's vision blurred, and a wave of dizziness washed over him. He began to stumble, his body threatening to give way beneath him. But just as he was about to fall, strong arms wrapped around him, holding him tenderly. Kurt's presence was a lifeline amidst the chaos.

"Careful now, Sweet Prince. You'll hurt yourself," Kurt's voice soothed Dirk, immediately lulling both man and Pride to sleep.

Kurt carried Dirk back into the mansion, his strides purposefully filled with eagerness. He didn't stop until he had gently laid Dirk on his bed, his touch filled with tenderness that sent shivers down Dirk's spine. As Dirk's eyes fluttered closed once more, he felt a sense of completeness wash over him. In the presence of one of his mates, he could feel the other two... the ones he had longed for with every fiber of his being.

********

Dr. Naam and Bogo stood in silent awe, realizing the significance of Kurt's presence. They exchanged glances, understanding that they were now witnessing the reunion of a bond that had been fractured but was now on the path to healing. Dr. Naam took a deep bow, her respect for the Lycger evident in her every gesture. Bogo did the same, and only when Kurt waved them to ease did they flash him with a warm smile.

Remembering Tricc's annoyance at Dr. Naam's presence, Kurt decided to get her out of the room. "You must be tired, Dr..." he said, stretching out a hand.

Naam felt uneasy but reached her hand forward to take Kurt's. "Nancy Naam... Dirk's only doctor and the only one who knows of his condition," she informed, feeling the need to state her importance in Dirk's life.

"Is that so..." Kurt started, "Well, I'm glad he has you looking after him all these years, but we are back now, and we will take care of our own. Of course, you remain his doctor as long as he wishes. In the meantime, I suggest you head home, freshen up, eat, and rest. You look terribly tired." Kurt stated, smiling kindly.

Naam nodded curtly with a smile, "That I surely am," she agreed, turning to the corner to begin gathering her things. Once done, she turned to Kurt and with a warm smile started, "And thank you, Mr... "She trailed off, wondering how to address him.

Before she could ask anything else, Kurt cut in, "Call me Kurt," he offered, a warm smile tugging at his lips, "And it is perfectly fine, really... I'll take very good care of him. I give you my word."

"Okay, Kurt," she smiled.

"It was a pleasure, Nancy," Kurt said with a nod of his head before leaning closer towards her and whispering, "And please stay out of our mate's bedroom. We do not fancy another being so close to his personal space. I hope you understand."

Naam giggled nervously at Kurt's comment, not missing the Lycgers' presence in his eyes. Those intimidating red orbs were like flames from the pit of hell. She cleared up her suddenly dried-up throat. "Of course, Alpha." She replied with a bow, and just like the wind, she was gone.

Turning to address Bogo, who stood silently by the door, "Show me to the kitchen. I need to fix him a meal, and you need to know something,"

Bogo nodded, "Yes, Alpha." And began to lead the way.

Kurt turned to glance at the still-sleeping Dirk. With a smile on his face, he let his pheromones free until they filled the air around the room. Dirk whimpered softly and turned to his side, but he did not wake. Kurt walked out of the room and shut the door behind him.

In that moment, Dirk's deepest feelings and desires were laid bare, his yearning for his mates burning brighter than ever before. And he finally understood why he had missed them so much, why he had never stopped feeling their warmth and love. The feeling of comfort and safety that surrounded him was something he had forgotten about. Something he needed so badly and craved above all else.

Just as their pheromones guarded his sleep, a memory long buried suddenly resurfaced in his mind. Memories he had forgotten, emotions he had repressed and locked away in the back of his mind.

Memories of the night they saved him, and his heart had sung so beautifully, the young Pride thought he would die.