SECRETS AND WEAKNESSES.

Chapter: 67
******

"I believe she's hidden herself quite well," said Kurt as they emerged from the penthouse where Floridia was supposed to reside. There was no trace of her in the penthouse, and had it not been for Tricc leading them there, they might have assumed they were deceived.

Tricc snarled, his fangs slightly extended. "That may be true, but she cannot hide from me... not for much longer, at least." He turned towards the exit and entered the elevator, his brothers following behind him.

The elevator ride was filled with silence, the brothers lost in thought, each pondering where Floridia might have concealed herself to elude them. She was undoubtedly aware of Malta's fate and would not want to be caught off guard. Thus, she had made herself scarce to ensure no one followed or discovered her. This tactic would keep them off her trail until she could secure a safe enough distance to leave the city undetected. However, much like Malta, she underestimated the strength and abilities of the Lycgers, particularly Tricc, who, with his magical prowess, could detect even the most concealed shifter. There was no magic he could not penetrate, no hidden spell he could not unravel.

*******

Nestled deep within the shadows of a dense, ancient forest lay a chilling sanctuary hidden from mortal eyes. The entrance, shrouded by creeping ivy and moss-covered stones, led into a vast chamber with vaulted ceilings, adorned with eerie, flickering torches casting dancing shadows on the damp, stone walls. The air was thick with the scent of must and decay, punctuated by the metallic tang of fresh blood.

The heavy wooden doors groaned open with a foreboding creak, revealing a grand hall bathed in a dim, flickering light. On each side of the chamber, high-arched windows with black iron bars offered minimal illumination. In front of these windows stood a long, polished oak table displaying an array of items of arcane, scientific, and supernatural interest. Along the walls, numerous cabinets held vials, jars, and bottles containing powders, potions, poisons, and strange tools.

In the center of the room, a grand marble altar draped in dark crimson velvet stood, illuminated by flickering candles casting dancing shadows on the walls. A sense of unease permeated the air as if the very stones themselves whispered of long-lost secrets and ancient curses.

Polished ebony coffins lined the walls, each adorned with intricate carvings depicting scenes of darkness and death. Gargoyles leered down from their perches high above, their stone eyes seemingly tracking every movement with an eerie intensity. Sinister whispers reverberated through the dark corridors, and the cold touch of fear lingered in the air, warning all who dared to intrude upon this unholy sanctuary.

As the group entered the chamber, the coffins all opened, allowing their occupants to emerge. The vampires bared their fangs, their eyes aglow, poised to charge at the intruders. One vampire lunged forward in attack, but a sudden rush of wings brushed past, knocking the vampire back into his coffin, which promptly sealed shut, trapping him inside.

"Please pardon his manners; he is newly turned and still learning to control his urges," Floridia addressed, stepping forward to face the Lycgers. She offered them a sweet smile. "Controlling our emotions is an art that takes time to perfect. So please, forgive my pet's impulsive actions. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Floridia—"

"We are well aware of your identity, and thus, we have no interest in your gestures of goodwill," Kurt interjected abruptly.

Tricc snorted in agreement. "What we came here for is to ask why you tried to poison our mate," his tone brooking no argument. "Why did you decide to act with Malta in hurting our mate even to the point of wanting him dead!" Tricc ranted. "You should have known better than to involve yourself in such treachery! Why did you foolishly make yourself vulnerable? What gives you the audacity to believe you deserve to live after committing such heinous acts?" Tricc demanded. "I'm astonished that even after all you inflicted upon our mate, he still pleaded for us to spare your life!" Tricc continued. "Therefore, explain to me, why should you continue to draw breath on this Earth after what you perpetrated against him. Do you not understand the repercussions?" His words dripped with venom, his anger reaching a boiling point.

Seth placed a reassuring hand on his brother's shoulder to keep him from clawing out the vampire's eyes from his rage. Tricc eased slightly from his brother's touch, his gaze shifting from Floridia to Kurt, who fixed her with a steely glare. The depth of his animosity toward the vampire was unmistakable in his eyes. It continued to perplex them why Dirk had insisted on sparing her life. Without his intervention, no number of vampires could have prevented them from exacting retribution then and there.

Floridia sniffed, a tear trickling from her eye, her gaze fixed on the ground, unwilling to meet their eyes. She had once cared for Dirk, even if it was solely for his physical attributes. She cherished the moments they shared in the past. However, when she discarded him for her next conquest, her feelings turned to bitterness. It was not until she bore her son and lost everything to his father, who abandoned her, stripping her of all she had worked for and even threatening her life if she dared to confront him.

To realize she was left with nothing after just having her child clouded her judgment. Upon her return to Qiemont, she encountered Malta, who harbored intentions to eliminate Dirk. Seeing an opportunity to reclaim her father's wealth, despite feeling unworthy of it, she recklessly joined forces with Malta to orchestrate Dirk's downfall. Now, the very person she sought to eliminate had interceded on her behalf, pleading for her life. The weight of guilt consumed her, tormenting her already damned soul.

"I apologize," she began, her voice breaking the heavy silence. "Truly, I am consumed by remorse for my actions." With her head bowed low, she seemed to shrink under the brothers' unwavering gazes.

"Though Dirk pleaded for your life," Tricc's voice sliced through the tension in the room, "you sought to harm him, and yet he showed mercy. Do not mistake his kindness for weakness."

Floridia's demeanor softened slightly, a glimmer of realization dawning on her features as she absorbed Tricc's admonition. She now comprehended the repercussions of her choices and understood the depth of Dirk's influence with his mates.

"This is your final warning," Seth intervened, his voice icy and resolute. "Cross paths with Dirk again, and it will be your downfall."

Floridia nodded in acquiescence, her gaze lowered in submission, acknowledging the seriousness of the situation. The Lycgers had made their position unequivocally clear, and she dared not challenge them.

"You need not face him again," Kurt added, his tone gentler. "I am certain Dirk will find a way to extend support to you and your son. He will ensure that your child is well cared for."

Floridia let out a heavy sigh, realizing the gravity of the Lycgers' warning. She understood that Dirk's compassion stemmed from his concern for her son rather than any forgiveness towards her. Dirk's soft spot for children was well-known, and she was grateful for his mercy. "Thank you," she murmured, "Please convey my apologies to your mate," she offered.

Kurt scoffed lightly, dismissing her concern. "Our mate is not your concern, and your apologies hold no weight with him," he stated firmly, turning away from her without meeting her eyes.

Forced to smile, Floridia acknowledged that she did not deserve forgiveness or the chance to seek Dirk's pardon. She had inflicted too much harm upon him, and she accepted that she could not be absolved of her transgressions. However, she realized there was still a way for her to contribute to preventing future conflicts. As the Lycgers prepared to depart the chamber, she spoke up, revealing a name that she knew would resonate with them. "Erik Lehnsherr, of the Silver Crest Pack," she disclosed, watching as her words caused the brothers to pause and turn back towards her, with Kurt's expression a mix of confusion and questions.

"Who?" Kurt inquired, locking eyes with her.

"He orchestrated the fire at your club, colluding with Victoria Blackthorn, the vampire who bore your first son," Floridia revealed. "Erik possesses intimate knowledge of your mate's secrets and vulnerabilities, and if left unchecked, his actions could have dire consequences... His fixation on you, Kurt, predates your acquaintance. The night you first encountered him at the Gala may have been your initial meeting, but Erik had harbored desires for you for a long time, and his desperation knows no bounds."

Her words struck a chord with the brothers, capturing their attention as they processed her revelation. Kurt's expression morphed into one of horror, clearly caught off guard by the unexpected turn of events and the startling information she had shared.