MAKE LOVE TO ME, ONE LAST TIME.

Chapter: 29
*********

"It felt indescribable as if the past eighteen years never happened. At that moment, all the pain evaporated, and all I desired was to protect him, to love and embrace him. When I saw him struggling, leaning on his walking cane, I felt a profound weakness from within. I wanted to confront whatever had caused him such harm..." Seth trailed off, recollecting how Dirk had stumbled back, leaning on his cane, attempting to retreat from his presence.

"... Even as he fled, my heart felt nothing but love for him. My Lycgers awakened and they desired him. They yearned for him so intensely that I had to suppress the urge to transform and chase after him," Seth confessed honestly. "I saw it in his eyes—fear, guilt, and an undeniable desire burning deep within. I heard his Lion's roar, and he was not rejecting his Lycgers. Instead, he longed for them. Not only did my Lycgers respond to his Lion's call, but so did the Lycgers of my brothers, despite the distance that separated us that night..."

"There is something about the way he commands us. It's difficult to put into words. I'm certain even he doesn't fully understand the extent of his sway over us," Seth continued, his voice deepening as he pondered his emotions. "I know it can't be easy for a Pride to submit when he's not even an Omega. I know it frightens him, and that may be why he keeps running away from us..."

"But what he fails to grasp is how much it frightens us too, knowing that we are Mated to a Pride who is also an Alpha. The idea of sharing one mate among the three of us is its own source of fear," Seth spoke, bitterness lacing his voice. "However, we never thought we needed to share him. We only wanted to love him, but above all else, we yearned for his love in return..."

"Admittedly, on that fateful night, I would be lying if I said the thought of rejecting him as my mate never crossed my mind. But as soon as we began chasing him into the forest and witnessed him teetering on the edge of the cliff, my soul clenched with the realization that he was my one true mate. His pheromones excite me more than words can express, and I began to long for him... eighteen years later, nothing has changed." Seth concluded. He glanced up to see Andrew, who now stood behind the sofa he had been sitting moments ago. Tears streamed down Andrew's face, his expression devastated.

"Andrew," Seth murmured. He slowly approached him, wrapping his arms comfortingly around Andrew's waist as he buried his face into Andrew's shoulder. "I know we've discussed this day many times before, but now that it's finally here, I feel terrible for putting you through this... I'm truly sorry. I tried my best to prevent it, but I never regretted a single moment we shared... Those moments will forever hold a special place in my heart." Seth whispered, holding Andrew as close as possible.

He tenderly kissed Andrew's neck, then moved his lips to his jawline, placing a feather-light kiss. When they pulled apart, their eyes locked, their faces just inches apart, and Seth noticed Andrew had stopped crying.

********

As Seth shared his raw emotions, Andrew listened intently, his heart heavy with the weight of their situation. He understood the complexities of the bond between Seth and Dirk, and he knew the depth of Seth's love for his lost mate. However, he also recognized the love that Seth had given him, the support and care that had defined their relationship for the past four years.

Andrew took a deep breath, his voice filled with a mix of sadness and a burning sensation in his chest. "Seth, I can't pretend to fully understand the bond you have with Dirk. But I do know that you have loved me, you have shown me love in ways that I never thought possible. I've cherished every moment we've shared, and I believe that love is not bound by fate alone. It is a choice we make, every day, to be there for each other, to support and care for one another."