RIDING THE WAVE OF PLEASURE.

Chapter: 15
******

Kurt's gaze shifted downward, avoiding direct eye contact with the captivating man standing before him. It was evident that Kurt harbored a strong desire in that moment, and if Erik were to be honest with himself, he couldn't deny that he felt the same.

In a slightly strained voice, Kurt spoke, "I... I offer my deepest condolences for your loss."

Erik let out a sigh, his voice tinged with sorrow. "There is no need for apologies," he replied. "Though it happened long ago, the pain feels as fresh as if it occurred mere minutes ago. Each of us experiences loss in different ways, some less severe but painful."

Before further discussion could unfold, a servant's presence was announced with a resonant greeting, leading them to the elegantly appointed sitting room. Adorned with pristine white furniture, the room boasted a grand mahogany table against a wall painted in a soft shade of white, with a delicate crystal chandelier suspended above it. The warm hues and drawn curtains created an ambiance akin to the nocturnal hours. A magnificent bay window offered a breathtaking view of the garden. Erik was utterly captivated, as he had never encountered such luxury in his extensive travels.

As servants presented them with trays of glasses filled with exotic wines, Erik reached for one and took a sip. He noticed a change in Kurt's demeanor—a faint trace of annoyance, followed by Kurt's Lycger growling softly and exploring the room with its senses.

"Are you alright?" Erik inquired, moving closer to Kurt. The Lycger hurried toward Erik, sniffing curiously around his neck and chest. "Kurt?" Erik repeated, concern evident in his voice. As a Beta, Erik knew he couldn't emit pheromones unless he was with a mate. Since losing his mate, his pheromones should have been absent, unless the Goddess had bestowed upon him a second chance at finding a mate. "Kurt?" Erik called once more, noticing that the Lycger showed no signs of stopping.

Kurt sensed a sudden shift in the atmosphere as he reached for his wine glass. An all-too-familiar and enticing scent wafted into the living room. With closed windows and drawn curtains, ruling out the possibility of the scent emanating from the garden or his staff, Kurt realized that it was not coming from anyone in his vicinity. The realization flooded his mind, recalling the night of the Charity Gala when Dirk had called and their Lycgers had awakened.

("Are any of you detecting that scent?") Kurt mentally communicated with his brothers, but received no response. Determined, he pressed on. ("Anyone?") he reiterated, growling in response to Tricc's deep moan, which seemed to resonate through their very bones.

("Seth, where are you?") Kurt inquired.

When Seth finally responded, it dawned on Kurt that there was only one person capable of enveloping their senses with that particular scent. "Dirk!" he uttered.

Confused, Erik questioned, "Who?" As Kurt became lost in his thoughts, likely contacting his brothers with his restless pacing, Erik reached for another glass and settled onto a sofa facing the bay window. The view before him was nothing short of breathtaking. The night sky was clear, and not a breeze stirred the surface of the fountain. Illuminated by the moonlight, the water shimmered like a vast expanse of brilliant blue. Entranced by the magnificent sight, Erik patiently awaited Kurt's return.

("No, this cannot be possible...") Kurt whispered through their telepathic connection, his hands instinctively moving to wipe away tears that he hadn't even realized were falling. ("Are you alright, Tricc?") he asked, mindful of the impact pheromones could have on his emotions. Tricc responded with a resounding roar, causing the eyes of all three men to glow in the characteristic hues of their Lycgers.

("Dirk!") they all exclaimed, sensing their Lycgers stirring within. Kurt experienced a tingling sensation in his body, a swift and painful shift that he concealed, not wanting to frighten Erik, who remained oblivious to the transformation. He shifted back to his human form, suppressing the presence of his Lycgers for now.

("Damn it, he leaves me breathless! And I'm not even there with you!") Kurt cursed and growled, growing increasingly restless.

("He's injured,") Seth informed them, prompting another roar from Tricc and a hiss from Kurt. ("His leg is broken,") he relayed.

The thought of Dirk limping on one leg weakened Kurt, and in that moment, his anger from the past eighteen years began to fade, replaced by affection where hurt had once prevailed. But even this newfound sentiment was short-lived.

Kurt's frustration mounted by the minute. Dirk's scent permeated the air, and with each passing moment, Kurt's patience wore thin. As Dirk seemed to retreat once more, anger overtook the initial allure of his scent, fueling Kurt's rage to track down the lion and inflict pain upon him.

("Kurt, Tricc,") Seth's telepathic voice resonated through their shared link. ("I know you both sensed it too. Dirk has once again eluded us.")

Kurt's voice crackled with frustration as he retorted, ("By the heavens, Seth! I am compelled to track down that lion and make him suffer for the torment he has unleashed upon us.")

("Let us remain focused, my brothers,") Seth urged, his voice calm and authoritative. ("Regardless of the circumstances, Dirk is our true mate. While he has made foolish choices and continues to do so, we must exhibit wisdom where he has faltered. We cannot evade fate, nor can we evade him. We need him as much as he needs us... He's struggling, limping on one leg... evidently unable to heal from whatever injury he has sustained. We require answers, and he possesses them.")

("He will return to us,") Kurt declared.

Once Seth had successfully calmed their senses and Dirk's scent dissipated, Kurt redirected his attention to the mesmerized werewolf before him. Carelessly discarding his glass onto the nearest tray, he approached Erik and, without warning, lifted him from the sofa, cradling him in his arms.

Erik couldn't help but smile, observing Kurt's unrestrained enthusiasm as they ascended the stairs. He knew exactly what was about to unfold. For now, Erik would serve as a temporary release, a distraction from the pain that consumed Kurt's heart and soul.

Upon reaching Kurt's bedroom, a single thought echoed in Kurt's mind: How much longer would Dirk continue to run away from them? With that thought lingering, Kurt pushed open the bedroom door and gently threw Erik onto the bed. Erik bounced a few times, chuckling all the while, as Kurt tore apart his shirt and eagerly joined him on the bed. Their lips met in a passionate kiss.

Erik's hands explored the body next to him, eliciting a deep growl from Kurt. The sound that escaped the Beta's throat, accompanied by fervent kisses, nearly drove Kurt to the brink of insanity. His urgency heightened, desire for release intensifying with each touch, bite, and fumbling attempt by the restless Beta to unzip Kurt's pants.

As Erik sought to free Kurt from his confines, he whimpered, his desire for the Lycger growing with each feverish kiss, stroke, and rumbling growl that emanated from Kurt. At that moment, Erik surrendered himself to pure abandon, riding the wave of pleasure that washed over them both.