POISON THE PRIDE.

Chapter: 41
********

The Pack lived in fear of the Rogue King, well aware of his lethal nature and merciless ways. Regardless of age or the severity of the offense, Malta was known to exact punishment with extreme prejudice upon those who disobeyed his orders or failed to fulfill their duties. It seemed almost certain that death awaited them all.

The Betas could sense their master's icy glare, demanding answers that he fully intended to extract from them. "Well?" The piercing green gaze of the Rogue King drilled into the remaining Werewolves, causing them to shrink in fear. None wanted to be the next subject of his wrath. "Speak!"

The King took a step forward, his imposing figure casting a threatening shadow over the smaller Werewolves. "Who else has failed in their assignment?" His voice was low and menacing, his eyes forcing them to look away. "Answer me!" The commanding voice of the Rogue King reverberated off the walls, shattering the silence. His presence weighed heavily upon them, instilling paralyzing fear.

"Does anyone else have anything to say regarding our recent visitors?" His words dripped with venomous malice.

Silence.

A snarl escaped the lips of the Rogue King. The Werewolves jumped, their bodies trembling in fear. Hearts pounded against their chests as they watched the Rogue King advance towards them, positioning himself in front of the group. Several Betas gasped as the King slammed his fist against the wall, causing the ground to tremble beneath their feet.

A loud crack echoed through the room as the structure groaned under the force. The wolves flinched, bracing themselves for the impending punishment. "I gave you one job, just one job, and yet you fools stood there, oblivious to their entry into his home... One Lycger alone cannot create such a powerful Seal, which means all three were present, and you imbeciles failed to report this to me until after they completed the Sealing spell, and now that the place is sealed, it's impossible to get you fools back in there!" The blow to their stomachs was crushing, leaving a few men whimpering in pain. However, most remained defiant as they met the cold gaze of the Rogue King.

"Useless, every single one of you... I wonder why I wasted so much time and effort cloning you lots in great spells and having you blend amidst his bodyguards if only you all would end up being wasteful!" Malta spat, pacing the length of the room. "So close, and now I have to devise alternative means to regain control over him," he muttered more to himself than to his subordinates. "You are all dismissed for now, but make sure to clean up these dead bodies on your way out!" He pointed to the lifeless forms scattered about the room. With his final command given, Malta spun on his heels and purposefully strode towards the door, disappearing from view.

Once inside the elevator heading to the fifth floor, Malta ran his hands through his hair, smoothing it and calming his demeanor. When the elevator doors dinged and he stepped out, he appeared completely different, even innocent, as if he were incapable of harming a fly. He strolled down the elegantly lit hallway until he reached a magnificent black door. Placing his key card against the sensor, he patiently waited for the door to open.

Inside the room, a man and a woman awaited him. The woman, dressed in a flowing red gown, sat casually on the other side of the room, delicately sipping her wine. The man stood near the windows, gazing out at the beautiful sunset. As Malta entered, the man turned and greeted him with a smile. Malta approached him, gently lifting him and placing him on his mahogany office table before planting a tender kiss on the man's flushed lips.

"Alright, gentlemen, it is time to delve into the deal of the day..." Floridia purred, her seductive smile aimed at the two lovers. She glanced back and forth between them, mischief twinkling in her eyes. "I hope you have everything prepared?" She coyly directed her question to Malta's lover. "The spell we need to perform cannot be delayed. The Lycgers will not relent, and neither shall we."