HURT MY LOVE.

Chapter: 12
*******

Seth stood confidently in the center of an expansive hall, encircled by six distinguished tycoons clad in impeccable black suits. As his thriving business demanded, it was crucial for him to maintain their trust. Fresh consignments had recently arrived at the port, and as the sole distributor, Seth had convened this meeting with the six tycoons to communicate the precise arrival dates for each individual's shipment at their respective warehouses. Known for his unwavering control and intimidating presence as the Boss, Seth had always been meticulous in concealing any vulnerabilities, even from Andrew. Granting leverage to anyone was an unthinkable risk. The only individuals capable of affecting him profoundly were his siblings, his father, and Birth Omega.

However, an unexpected development had managed to unsettle Seth, creating an uncomfortable distraction. Not since the day he encountered Andrew at the bar four years ago had anyone caused him such distress. Yet, he couldn't ignore the stirring deep within him—an inexplicable sensation akin to someone deliberately tugging at his heartstrings, causing his every nerve to reverberate in a ceaseless symphony of emotions.

The experience bordered on torture.

"Gentlemen and ladies, a firm date has been established. Kindly submit your deposits, and I will ensure your goods are delivered in perfect condition," Seth concluded his speech, taking a composed sip from his whiskey glass. The assembled tycoons nodded with approval, engaging in conversations amongst themselves. Seth even exchanged pleasantries with a few before Andrew burst into the dimly lit room, urgently calling for his attention.

Caught off guard, Seth involuntarily released his grip on the whiskey glass, hastening towards Andrew. As soon as he reached him, Andrew collapsed into his arms, and Seth effortlessly lifted him, gracefully excusing himself before departing the room. It wasn't until they entered the well-lit elevator that Seth noticed the disconcerting sight of numerous bruises adorning Andrew's body. A surge of righteous anger swelled within him, a vow to exact retribution upon those who had dared to harm his beloved Andrew. Firmly grasping Andrew's legs, Seth fought to maintain his composure, willing his blood to decelerate, and allowing him to draw a steady breath.

In the parking lot, Seth discreetly signaled for Benny to prepare the vehicles. With a swift nod, Benny ordered the preparations before courteously opening the car door for Seth. Settling into the vehicle, Seth cradled Andrew in his arms, ensuring his comfort. As they maneuvered out of the underground parking area, Seth tenderly kissed Andrew's forehead, wincing at the sound of his pained whimper.

"Contact Doctor Clement Clay immediately and request his presence upon our arrival home," Seth instructed Benny.

"Yes, Boss!" Benny promptly acknowledged, reaching for his phone to make the necessary call.

The ensuing drive proved arduous, with Andrew lying motionless in Seth's embrace. Seth refrained from probing into the cause of Andrew's injuries, as his condition appeared severe, causing him immense pain. Seth empathized with Andrew's suffering, having endured his own share of agony and subsequent healing. However, Seth's abilities were of no use in mending Andrew's wounds, as he had lost those powers. At that moment, Seth felt more akin to the vulnerable human in his arms.

Exasperated, Seth silently acknowledged that were it not for Andrew and Vincent, he would not have made it this far.

***********

As the cars pulled into the driveway, he wasted no time, swiftly making his way into the house. Inside the private living room, Clement was seated, and upon Seth's entrance, the doctor promptly rose and offered a courteous bow. Without hesitation, he reached into his working bag and proceeded to remove his gloves and stethoscope. "Is he alright?" Clay urgently inquired, taking a seat next to Andrew on the couch, where Seth had laid him down, gently cradling his face. Andrew emitted a soft moan of discomfort, prompting Seth to avert his gaze, concealing his own tears of frustration, as the doctor continued his examination. Clay posed the question, "What happened to him?"

"I don't have the answer! He was supposed to be with Vincent and a few bodyguards, none of whom were present when he abruptly burst into my meeting room in this condition," Seth snapped, swiftly modulating his tone upon noticing Andrew's reaction to his outburst. "Please, Clay, assure me he will recover," Seth implored softly, planting a gentle kiss on Andrew's head while holding his arm tenderly. Having experienced the anguish of losing a lover once, Seth vowed never to endure such torment again. The agony he felt witnessing his beloved in pain was utterly unbearable.

"Do not fret, my friend. Although it may appear that he has suffered a severe beating, these bruises, on the contrary, seem to have been acquired while fleeing, possibly evading harm. Observe these scratches here and here," Clay explained, pointing to several marks near the boy's wrists and ankles. "These indicate that he may have stumbled upon something and fallen. It also explains the state of his torn clothing and disheveled hair. I don't believe any significant harm was inflicted upon him, save for a few cuts resulting from a rather unfortunate fall," the doctor conveyed cautiously.

"So, he will recover?" Seth inquired.

"Indeed, once I cleanse and cover the open wounds, administer pain medication to alleviate his discomfort, and facilitate his rest through sleep, he should experience notable improvement upon awakening," the doctor assured, setting aside his tools. Seth maintained a firm grasp on Andrew as the doctor prepared the necessary instruments, proceeding to stitch deeper cuts diligently. "Furthermore, it seems he has suffered a mild concussion," the doctor mumbled, removing the sutures. Upon completing the bandaging process and ensuring Andrew had ingested the prescribed pills, the doctor excused himself to wash his hands.

As soon as he stepped out, Seth gently lifted his partner from the couch and carried him into their bedroom. There, he carefully undressed Andrew before entering the bathroom. Upon his return, Seth held a bowl of water and a warm towel, methodically cleansing Andrew's body while taking great care to avoid the injured areas. Once the task was accomplished, he dressed Andrew in fresh clothes and tenderly tucked him into bed.

*********

Three hours later, Andrew awoke, panic surging through him upon realizing Seth's absence by his side. Frantic calls for his partner filled the room.

Seth engrossed in a discussion with his subordinates downstairs regarding the whereabouts of Vincent and the others who had departed that morning with his lover and had yet to return, immediately responded upon hearing his name being called. Swiftly, he ascended the stairs, driven by a sense of urgency.

Entering the bedroom, he discovered Andrew seated upright, tears streaming down his face. "Darling, please, no tears," Seth consoled, approaching to sit beside him.

"You must find him, Seth. They have taken him... they took Vincent... Please, locate him and don't bother looking for the other four. They are no more; those brutes shot them!" Andrew's voice broke, giving way to sobs.

"Who took him?!" Seth demanded, his fury palpable, though he instantly regretted his outburst as he observed Andrew trembling in response.

"La Sala..."

"The Kingmaker?!" Seth seethed.

"Yes, I overheard them. It was undoubtedly his men. They abducted Vincent and sent me away as a message to you," Andrew divulged.

"Where were you when this occurred?" Seth questioned calmly.

"Qiemont, near the Blood Bank. We had just acquired the latest edition from my favorite brand, preparing to depart when they apprehended us. I suspect one of your men betrayed you; otherwise, how would they have known that we had any connection to you!"

"Say no more, my love..." Seth rose to his feet, summoning Benny into the room.

"Boss?" Benny inquired upon entering the opulent space.

"Guard him with your life," Seth ordered, bestowing a tender kiss on Andrew's head before swiftly departing the room, leaving Andrew in Benny's capable hands.